Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
    Hi robertfx,

Yes there were closed AUD/CAD trades all 3 days this week (EST). I had to be a little strategic with it because of so many pending Aussie news releases but the snapback potential was clearly there.
    thanks, but i should have said, the one that closed at a loss of about 1/2 of 1%. did you close one at roughly that % loss? (i am running 1.5x)
    thanks again, rfx

Comment

• Originally posted by robertfx View Post
      thanks, but i should have said, the one that closed at a loss of about 1/2 of 1%. did you close one at roughly that % loss? (i am running 1.5x)
      thanks again, rfx
      You can just check myfxbook dude. Or ST portal. Easy. If your feeling super lazy then I can tell you that I too had that trade close

Comment

thanks again, rfx
        Come on Robert... Jay is a finely tuned athlete and you're asking him to help you find the score card from last nights game.

FX Blue is a leading provider of apps and services for forex traders. FX Blue offers analysis of trading results, apps such as trade copiers and trade simulators, plus charts and alogrithmic news feeds.

Either link will give you the answer you're looking for.
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Hey Jay,

I'm wondering if you can explain on the reasons you're bullish on AUD at the moment?

You did well on the AUDCAD basket yesterday and also collected a few pips on the AUDUSD a couple of hours ago. It would be great to get a little bit of insight into what you're seeing in the market that's giving you this view.
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• And we are out with profit well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• sorry my bad
              Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Come on Robert... Jay is a finely tuned athlete and you're asking him to help you find the score card from last nights game.

FX Blue is a leading provider of apps and services for forex traders. FX Blue offers analysis of trading results, apps such as trade copiers and trade simulators, plus charts and alogrithmic news feeds.

Either link will give you the answer you're looking for.

Comment

• Hey Nick,

In my opinion last week's action was a 'buyer's vacuum' in Aussie. China was hosting the G20 on the weekend and a lot of pending Aussie news was coming down the pipe and it seemed that Institutions just weren't willing to hold it over the weekend. I saw opportunity and divergences in a lot of the metrics I look at, especially against CAD. To be honest if there hadn't been so many news items this week I would've been in it heavier, but what are you gonna do - that's part of what created the opportunity.

The Aussie GDP report this week really added fuel to the fire too.

Comment

• Closing the Gold long is not a commentary on it's ultimate direction.

I have to exit according to the discipline of the factors that led me to go long on the trade, which were dissipating. One of the things I was watching was the price action after the NFP with it's significant volumes. But again, I have no bias on Gold's ultimate direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
                    I have to exit according to the discipline of the factors that led me to go long on the trade, which were dissipating. One of the things I was watching was the price action after the NFP with it's significant volumes. But again, I have no bias on Gold's ultimate direction.
                    I appreciate your rational approach. I am confident you will become a really top trader here

Comment

• Steady Capture ... hello... i have some information for usdjpy postion that will go up sharply on Monday 14 MAR 2016 from source in japan

Comment

• hi steady,
                        are you aware of the ATC/FXCM issue and is a fifo workaround and/or hedging ability needed to continue trading with you? i and others are current ATC/FXCM clients and some input from you as to how this 'severing of relations' between the 2 will affect us. bottom line is that at close of trading on 3/18, the only way that our open trades will carry will be to stay w/fxcm and their trading station platform (which will not work w/our ea) and we would have to manage those trades on our own. we would not be able to move our accounts to their mt4 (in order to resume using our ea) until we are flat unless we were willing to take the floating loss. staying w/ATC will still require moving money to new mt4 accounts and open trades will not carry but they will have an ongoing fifo solution.
                        i do not mean to bother you and i appreciate you taking the time to address this issue. thanks, rfx

Comment

hi steady,
                          are you aware of the ATC/FXCM issue and is a fifo workaround and/or hedging ability needed to continue trading with you? i and
                          We would have to close all the position, open MT4 account with FXCM and move EA there. I've heard they are considering adding a software solution similar to ATC...
                          The FIFO rule is still an issue with SC.
                          SC is there a way for you to do some kind of "netting" for FIFO workaround when closing the positions?
                          Thank you

Comment

• Hello,

I knew there were BoJ rumors swirling around but I hadn't heard anything that specific. It'll be interesting to see. We are currently positioned to benefit from JPY weakening.

Thanks for the heads-up on ATC/FXCM. You should be aware that I have been managing GBP/JPY with Net Equity in view. Because of booked hedging gains, the difference between balance and equity is currently greater than my Equity target, which was basically to erase all of January's GBP/JPY drawdown on it's own, with profits intact. By that measure we are within 0.4%. We are currently slightly net long GBP/JPY and if I didn't believe it could be managed profitably from here I would close it. I think the target is realistic, but in the end it may work out to be a little more or a little less.

That being said, if some are forced to close out because of a platform or broker switch you may not be missing a lot. Most of GBP/JPY's equity gains have been captured already. Trying to manually replicate the position in the new account may be difficult and more trouble than it's worth at this point.
                            Last edited by SteadyCapture; 03-09-2016, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Hello Steady,
                              The news which I'd like to share with you that the central bank of japan is going to release the most important news ever on 14 MAR 2016
                              The news is: "Central Bank of Japan will start buying directly on the market"
                              Central bank of japan will be the only central bank in the world who will buy directly (I got this information from source in Japan
                              NikkeiUP!!
                              USDJPY UP!!

Comment

• Hi steady is there any reason why we were and are shorting the AN so close and during the RBNZ statement? The news is clearly bullish. And we just took a large loss on a trade that could easily have been avoided.

I'm sure you've traded news like this before but I'm used to seeing you buying after the news as continuations iirc?

Comment

Working...
                                X