No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion (Archived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steady what is plan with this hedged trades?

Comment

• I expect to wrap up NZD/USD profitably next week.

With GBP/JPY I don't have to force any moves on it at this point, I can let the market come to me. My patience with this position is with respect for it's potential to move. I know it's been a long one but I believe most of the drama with it is behind us. The final winding down of it should be to our advantage and will likely be more subtle as regular positions take center stage from here on out.

Enjoy your weekend.

-SC

Comment

• hi steady,
        i am a US trader and i chose to go flat on all of my accounts prior to fomc last week. while my accounts are transitioned to first fxcm mt4 and then the new atc/phillip capital arrangement, i am in a holding pattern. my understanding is that in order to be safe with your signal, i need to have the hedging and non-fifo capability i had w/the old atc/fxcm arrangement if i am to continue your signal and re-up as a sub. at this point i am inclined to continue with your signal on a smaller (11k) account but i don't know if it would be a very good idea - depending on how you trade vs US rules.
        also, are you a US trader w/a US broker?
        thanks for your input.

Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
        I expect to wrap up NZD/USD profitably next week.

With GBP/JPY I don't have to force any moves on it at this point, I can let the market come to me. My patience with this position is with respect for it's potential to move. I know it's been a long one but I believe most of the drama with it is behind us. The final winding down of it should be to our advantage and will likely be more subtle as regular positions take center stage from here on out.

Enjoy your weekend.

-SC

Comment

• Hi Robert,

In the first post in this thread Nick mentions that Steady is from Canada. His broker is Squared Financial which is based out of London and Dublin. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by robertfx View Post
          hi steady,
          i am a US trader and i chose to go flat on all of my accounts prior to fomc last week. while my accounts are transitioned to first fxcm mt4 and then the new atc/phillip capital arrangement, i am in a holding pattern. my understanding is that in order to be safe with your signal, i need to have the hedging and non-fifo capability i had w/the old atc/fxcm arrangement if i am to continue your signal and re-up as a sub. at this point i am inclined to continue with your signal on a smaller (11k) account but i don't know if it would be a very good idea - depending on how you trade vs US rules.
          also, are you a US trader w/a US broker?
          thanks for your input.

Comment

• thanks, and right but he may/may not use hedging or fifo in his trading. i'm sure he or nick will let me know.

Originally posted by kmf View Post
            Hi Robert,

In the first post in this thread Nick mentions that Steady is from Canada. His broker is Squared Financial which is based out of London and Dublin. Hope this helps.

Comment

• RobertFx,
              I'm in the same boat. Steady is not doing hedging (only synthetic). Unfortunately, he is not FIFO compliant. He's already answered that question awhile ago a few times.
              I moved to FXCM MT4 with some other FIFO compliant traders but had to stop SC, which sucks.

Comment

• thanks, yea i had to quit too. we will just have to wait for the new atc to be ready in april++++?? nick says he is working on setting up a US mam for fx fusion when they atc goes live again.
                good luck, rfx

Comment

• Blimey, this kiwi basket is getting a tad big, large position at the top too.

Comment

• Yes second time this month these large and multiple positions causing discomfort. It'll be interesting to see if this strategy works a second time. It might be time to turn the risk down on this signal. It's starting to become too unnerving and a little too aggressive for my pallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• Thank you for update. Good luck for next 60pips D1 looks optimistic

Comment

• We are safe before Yellen speak and NFP. Nice one, thank you.

Comment

• Nice one steady

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• SteadyCapture,

it's great to be your follower. you delivered great results this quarter. Well manage & well done!
                                We can learn a lot from you and your trading.

Cheers,
                                Ace

Comment

Working...
                                X