Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nice interview Nick, thank you for organising it.
    I do hope that the new strategy isn't yet another martingale style one, bcz I just had enough of them all. There wasn't a single team trader in all this years trading smth different, holding back from adding to loosers, averaging his way out and hoping that the market comes back to his entry.And we all know what was the outcome...

    In all these 4y since I've been a subscriber, following all team traders you advertised (beside Kili TA )my results were disastrous, a profit of minus 15k Euros. If I add another 1K thanks SC's "mistake", that's a little fortune...I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to recover this amount following you traders and with my 9k account size, but I'd really love to see a trader trading patterns, or any other damn strategy where he just places a trade once in a while with TP targets at least double than the SLs

    Comment


    • Originally posted by cris47 View Post
      Nice interview Nick, thank you for organising it.
      I do hope that the new strategy isn't yet another martingale style one, bcz I just had enough of them all. There wasn't a single team trader in all this years trading smth different, holding back from adding to loosers, averaging his way out and hoping that the market comes back to his entry.And we all know what was the outcome...

      In all these 4y since I've been a subscriber, following all team traders you advertised (beside Kili TA )my results were disastrous, a profit of minus 15k Euros. If I add another 1K thanks SC's "mistake", that's a little fortune...I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to recover this amount following you traders and with my 9k account size, but I'd really love to see a trader trading patterns, or any other damn strategy where he just places a trade once in a while with TP targets at least double than the SLs
      Hi Chris,

      It's not a martingale strategy... If you listen to the interview, this day trading strategy fits your desires to a tee.

      Small stop loss, larger take profit and closed within the day.
      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

      Comment


      • Doing intraday 15-30 pips swings with a 10-15 million lot size? Letís see whether this can cover the slippage and spread.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Lithium View Post
          Doing intraday 15-30 pips swings with a 10-15 million lot size? Letís see whether this can cover the slippage and spread.
          It's only traded on very specific days when the conditions are right. March 21st is earmarked as the first day we'll see it in action.
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lithium View Post
            Doing intraday 15-30 pips swings with a 10-15 million lot size? Letís see whether this can cover the slippage and spread.
            Hi Lithium, the Gold Sniper trading sessions are based on some very juicy opportunities around specific newsflow days of the year. Jay has identified these opportunities via his years watching the screens, day in and day out! We were given a presentation of his stats and methodology during our group conference and we like what we see!

            Re: "Slippage and cost of business", we will not be trading huge positions with one broker, however, even if we did trade 15mio, the strat has gone through a thorough viability study. P.S I am in contact with our brokers to ensure sufficient "top of book" liquidity and nominal market impact. (As a side note, brokers are able to stream "customised liquidity feeds" if required)

            We will be sharing more details on the forum as we get closer to March 21st.

            Comment


            • Thanks to both Nick. This is interesting.

              Comment


              • Why was my post deleted? Can someone explain?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nick Lancaster View Post
                  Gold Sniper trading sessions are based on....
                  Can you confirm this new strategy will only be traded on gold?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by primi View Post

                    Can you confirm this new strategy will only be traded on gold?
                    Hi Primi, its traded on gold only. One day every month or so ..... very selective. Steady describes it as picking the cherry on top of the cherry on the cake ! It's a perfect addition to the Steadycapture trades.

                    Comment


                    • SC trader did a major cut losses today?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Nick Lancaster View Post

                        Hi Primi, its traded on gold only. One day every month or so ..... very selective. Steady describes it as picking the cherry on top of the cherry on the cake ! It's a perfect addition to the Steadycapture trades.
                        This year is stared with a nice -20%; I hope this "perfect addition" will recover this loss

                        Comment


                        • Iíve listened to the interview with SC and watched today action.
                          I really appreciated Jay being candid how he made some initial error and some additional error when he realized the first mistake, how he wants to go back to some trading basics and immediately reduce hedge to clear ďswap and mindĒ, and how all the follow up action today was aligned to the new strategy.
                          Small loss is not a big issue if now we have a solid approach.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by trizzard View Post
                            SC trader did a major cut losses today?
                            Yes Trizzard. Jay made the call and has selectively closed out a majority of the hedges.
                            I know it stings !! but we are moving forwards, focussing all our energy and resources on getting clients to new equity highs asap. (and then onto taking advantage of this heightened volatility to put in some real performance for the year)

                            Comment


                            • Am I correct in thinking we won't have any management fees now until we get to new equity highs ?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Westie View Post
                                Am I correct in thinking we won't have any management fees now until we get to new equity highs ?
                                No performance fee until HWM exceeded.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X