X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

I had to chime in on this one.
    I couldn't agree more.
    This is one of the most important things I have learned in my 14 years as a trader.
    BUT... I can learn what NOT to do from those who have failed.
    That is why I took a keen interest early on in the traders who have worked for Nick over the years. I wanted to not repeat their failures so I was keen on dissecting their losses, their blow ups, their bleeding.
    I also found a couple who knew what they were doing and gleaned a little from each of those winners, even though they were normally busy.
    OutsideTheBoxHK no offence but every discussion which you join , you always make it about yourself which is quite irritating imho

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcmahon View Post

OutsideTheBoxHK no offence but every discussion which you join , you always make it about yourself which is quite irritating imho
      No offence taken MrMcmahon
      More than anything I want other people to know how to pick thru all the distractions, avoid the false narratives and sales tactics, how to become wise and cautious when it is necessary in this space, and how to take action with heaps of motivation and energy when there really is a green light in a certain area within forex.
      Do you know how frustrating it has been, how time consuming, how lonely? Yes of course I think you do.
      Trading is pretty much a solo sport, so if I sound like I'm making things about myself, that is probably somewhat true. I must excel, inspire myself, and gain skill on my own, even though there are others to learn from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drcdp View Post

There are three mentors active in the trading room, Joel, Andrew and Mark.

Joel's track record is very much public, and you can view it here all the way back to 2014, and has been very succesful over the period:

Mark often shares his trading results and equity curve including posting live virtually every single trade in the trading room, including a daily summary of every single setup he is monitoring, and is probably one of the top two best traders I have ever seen. You can't get more professional or transparent than that.

Andrew does not share his results, so I can't really comment on this, but clearly, he has been a trader for over 30 years, and has been his sole source of income, and has allowed him to have a very comfortable life in an expensive city such as London, so I would presume he has been profitable over that period.

Do you ever spend any time in the trading room?
        drcp, i was not referencing the trading room if you read my post.

its very simply, that every trading mentor or trade guru i ever ran across could not trade worth squat. meaning they could not produce verifiable long term results, but that also means that they might exist, its just i never seen a single one myself.

the biggest clown of them all was miami bill, i am sure some people remember him.....

the bottom line is this, before i myself would want to learn from one, i would want to make sure and see a longer term profitable myfxbook showing that in fact he is good at trading, otherwise how in the hell could i ever excel the master.

so maybe you can post the relevant myfxbook links, so that in fact one can see that some decent tradementors actually do exist and prove me wrong.

Comment

• So who agrees with me that SC makes it onto the list of FAILED TRADERS???

Comment

• Not a failed trader, he made a 26% profit after all. But if he continues like this, a new high is far...far away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balboa View Post
              So who agrees with me that SC makes it onto the list of FAILED TRADERS???
              Diplomatically we can say Jay is in a failure period ,,,
              ​​​​​​​
              The marketing of his fund has been removed from the menu on the website ,, It must be defined that he has failed as a trader.
              If Jay had worked in a trader company then he would have had to clear the desk a long time ago.

The way he has tackled the GBPNZD downturn gives no optimism, that Jay has not taken more advantage of the recent upswing to GBP does not give any optimism for future trading results.
              Personally, I hope he comes back stronger but, "some more humiliated and recalibration in some areas.

Personally, I meant he came back too soon, and the fatal GBP / NZD trade showed absolutely no progression, although he showed more caution on moneymangment ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kavka View Post
                Diplomatically we can say Jay is in a failure period ,,,
                ​​​​​​​
                The marketing of his fund has been removed from the menu on the website ,, It must be defined that he has failed as a trader.
                If Jay had worked in a trader company then he would have had to clear the desk a long time ago.

The way he has tackled the GBPNZD downturn gives no optimism, that Jay has not taken more advantage of the recent upswing to GBP does not give any optimism for future trading results.
                Personally, I hope he comes back stronger but, "some more humiliated and recalibration in some areas.

Personally, I meant he came back too soon, and the fatal GBP / NZD trade showed absolutely no progression, although he showed more caution on moneymangment ..

This is the webpage that is still present on Think Huge Investments.
                SteadyCapture Managed Discretionary Account

No results have been posted for April, May, or June.
                The cumulative gross return statistics and chart have not been updated either.
                Money / Risk management was the key. Normally at asset management firms or investment firms they employ a Risk Manager or Manager of Portfolio Managers and they have strict "you're cut off for the day / week / month" if certain conservative Drawdowns are reached without improvement.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Confirming we shut down the MAM's at AxiTrader a couple of weeks ago in response to the recent poor performance. There are some fairly sizable costs associated with licensing managed discretionary accounts for retail investors and unfortunately it made no sense to continue.

We may spark it back up again at some point in the future, time will tell. If we do, all former clients will have their high water mark levels honored, so they'll be able to recover the losses before any fees are charged.

This was always a risk when we built the business around revenue from performance fees, instead of management fees like most fund managers.

I will say that I'm humbled by the amount of support that I've received by many of you over the years. I'd also like to make a shout out to Ajak at AxiTrader for all his help throughout our time running Think Huge Investments, they've been outstanding throughout the entire process.

If any of you are thinking about starting your own managed accounts please feel free to get in touch, I'm probably the most knowledgeable guy in the industry and am more than happy to offer my experience for you guys to learn from.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Nick. I hope Jay can lick his wounds take some time of and come back again. Clearly he needed a break and to start fresh.

Comment

• Will the signal stopped as well? There are still one open trade and one close recently.

Comment

• Nick - Admin I want to thank you for not contributing any more negativity to this forum. People have attacked you in the worst of times, and I just don't think it's right, when these investors must bear half of the responsibility and risk when they invest in a fund, managed account, trader. I feel Jay's pain, as I know what it's like to be a slave at the screens. We all must do our due diligence, and then proceed strongly and honorably.
                        In the end, I believe your intentions were sound, and you really were trying to promote the Forex Industry to the retail person, the YouTube generation. I used to love getting the video updates on the 1 million dollar challenge.
                        Life takes many twists and turns, and we sure do take a beating sometimes, but I hope you and Jay find the lion heart and creativity to come back stronger and wiser.

Comment

• What about the IC Markets MAMs? Will they be stopped as well? An email about this decision would have been appreciated...

Comment

• I think it's more about the RG DMA regulations, it's quite expensive to obtain in australia, I can't remember but I think nick was running think huge as a rep for another licensed entity

Comment

• I no doubt will offend but hey its a democory...Thee was a problem and it was identified by many on the forum. It may not have been done in an approriate wmanner but no one from foresignals seemed to be listening. Which then escaleted very quickly. Forexsignals were meant to more in tune, monitoring the trader, etc. One of the first questions I asked Nick before joing was what about trader burnet out, when does the trader rest, all very important questions. Something SC never did I dont believe.
                              Am I bitter on loosing money here, its been bitter sweet, but accept its been my choice in investing in the product. But that does not detract from the flags raised by many including me thatt there was a problem. Only to be ingnored, shot down, told everything was under control, when in fact it was far from it. What this has taught me again is dont believe everything you see and are told - if think is a democracy - it aint. But in saying that if Nick found another trader with a track record, I would problaly follow, but with better controls. In future listen to the investors they have been around too..

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

I had to chime in on this one.
                                I couldn't agree more.
                                This is one of the most important things I have learned in my 14 years as a trader.
                                BUT... I can learn what NOT to do from those who have failed.
                                That is why I took a keen interest early on in the traders who have worked for Nick over the years. I wanted to not repeat their failures so I was keen on dissecting their losses, their blow ups, their bleeding.
                                I also found a couple who knew what they were doing and gleaned a little from each of those winners, even though they were normally busy.
                                So what's the negative knowledge from Nick traders ..?

Nick's master traders had one thing in common that became their destiny ..

Even a child would understand that sooner or later it would go wrong.

They let the losers run ... It was a time bomb that would explode sooner or later.

One of the reasons I like Lance Begg's trading filisofi is how he constantly tries to protect his investment.

Here, Jay has a lot to learn but there is a totally different way of thinking.

Example with use of Beggs simple market structure way of thinking Jay would been in plus not minus one today`s USDCAD trading ..
                                Last edited by Kavka; 07-12-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X