SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteadyCapture Discussion

(first post carried over from archived thread)

I'm excited to announce that as a result of my recent trip to Canada I secured the services of a truly outstanding manual trader. He was formerly known as SteadyCaptureFX on Zulutrade and boasts an impressive track record dating back to 2012.

After having lunch with him at one of Toronto's finest establishments I'm confident he's got the skills, temperament and motivation we need to bring him into the community.

Here is a fresh master account that he's set up specifically for us: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Stea...e-live/1211446

I've also been following his trades on a personal account since February with great results. (He was forced to change master accounts recently, that's why my account contains more history than the master account)

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Nick...alscom/1295095

The trade statement is a little deceptive, I can assure you it's not martingale or a mechanical grid. Once a set up is identified the trader will scale in and out of positions, sometimes over a dozen positions can be opened and closed in a short period of time. The result is a smooth equity curve over with no roller coaster moments over the past 3 years.

Edit 7th November 2016

You're now able to follow Steady Capture through one of our managed accounts.

Mt Cook offer a revolutionary managed account platform that allows clients to invest in their local denomination from only $1k, set a custom risk multiplier and enforce an equity drawdown stop level.

What you need to know:

- Brokerage fee: $4.50 per lot round turn
    - Denominations available in USD, Euro, AUD and GBP
    - Minimum investment of $1,000.
    - Risk multiplier: 0.1 > 4x
    - No entry/exit or management fee and no spread markup.
    - Clients excluded: US (US clients please join our FX Choice managed account)
    - 30% performance fee on a high watermark basis charged at the end of each month.

How to get started:

- Open an Account at Mt Cook through this link.
    - Complete the online LPOA

Start Following Steady Capture at Mt Cook

The whole process only takes a few minutes to complete. If you have any questions please feel free post them below or contact Gavin Gray from Mt Cook on partners@mtcookfinancial.com

Would you prefer to invest under a regulated structure? Please visit our ASIC regulated fund management business - Think Huge Investments

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Jay, can you please elaborate on why you're so bullish on the AUD? It seems as though there's a fair bit of weakness coming through on a few different angles.

Comment

Nick, I think you might have been a little hasty with your earlier praise of him. It looks like he's about to give all those profits back plus more. I've never really understood his strategy in the first place but I understand it even less in recent months. The Aussie has had fundamental changes recently with poor CPI and a rate cut, and Jay is still buying the AUD. Baffled. It appears that since he's become part of the Fusion MAM he's adopted a very risky style of trading....and that's another problem with MAMs is that some traders tend to take bigger risks because now their remuneration comes from performance. We didn't see this style of trading from him when he was only on signals. I don't enjoy being negative but I've not seen professional traders trade in this manner before and I find it disturbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi,

Yes I'm aware of the things mentioned and am watching it closely. On this trade I'm looking at a lot of factors. It’s not so much bullishness per se I'’m looking for but opportunity in negotiating the expected volatility. I’ve seen this kind of thing plenty of times before, it’s in a very playable zone right now and I think we'’ll be fine. The larger than average duration and range is normal for this type.
        Last edited by SteadyCapture; 05-13-2016, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious View Post
          Nick, I think you might have been a little hasty with your earlier praise of him. It looks like he's about to give all those profits back plus more. I've never really understood his strategy in the first place but I understand it even less in recent months. The Aussie has had fundamental changes recently with poor CPI and a rate cut, and Jay is still buying the AUD. Baffled. It appears that since he's become part of the Fusion MAM he's adopted a very risky style of trading....and that's another problem with MAMs is that some traders tend to take bigger risks because now their remuneration comes from performance. We didn't see this style of trading from him when he was only on signals. I don't enjoy being negative but I've not seen professional traders trade in this manner before and I find it disturbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I'm actually not too concerned, frustrated perhaps, but not concerned.

This hasn't got anything to do with FX Fusion. If anything, being part of Fusion encourages risk aversion, because it spoils the party for the whole team if one person drops the ball.

He's traded like this in the past and worked his way out of it every time. Yes, it's different to pretty much any strategy we've seen, but that doesn't mean it's faulty. Success often comes from doing things differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
            Jay, can you please elaborate on why you're so bullish on the AUD? It seems as though there's a fair bit of weakness coming through on a few different angles.
            I basically asked the very same thing right after RBA cut.

Until there's a strong signal of buying interest for AUDCAD I don't see any more reason in adding to this losing trade. Technically speaking it's is trouble. Lower lows lower highs. Every moving average is pressing it down. Until this changes we should be playing it more prudent way. There will be plenty of opportunities when it starts showing some signs of strength.
            Fundamentally it is not looking good either. Yet.
            Trend is your friend which is not the case for us here.

Comment

Last edited by SteadyCapture; 05-14-2016, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
                Keep in mind that I have been involved in signal providing for more than 5 years now and have had not dozens, not hundreds, but thousands of different followers over the years. A long time ago I got used to the fact that basically every trade I ever take will have some haters, those who don’t like it, don't understand it and even want it to fail. Unlike the professional atmosphere common in our community, the social trading networks I was in could be merciless at times of drawdown. This created in me a strong resolve for my own trading, to be sure of myself and to do my own thing regardless of anyone else's opinion. My track record in this environment was not created by accident or luck, it took a lot of discipline, focus and work.

For those of you experiencing discomfort at counter-trend trading a few points to consider: 1) I have a lot of experience at this. From everything currently I am looking at it’ is not a matter of profitable or not but simply how profitable. 2) It's counter-trend, it is supposed to have DD. 3) The longer duration and range trades often end up paying more than the quick "one and done" plays. 4) Having exposure to a trade type that seems non-sensical to you provides true diversification to your portfolio since you are not capable of such returns otherwise. 5) If trade types that fall well within historic norms are causing too much anxiety perhaps lowering the follower ratio would be appropriate.

I think this post should be on the first page of this thread and in the signal description. That's a perfect description of what to expect in terms of behavior and risk, and of Jay's background. Thanks.

Comment

Jay, do you mind sharing the plan for these 3 trades that open since Jan? GBPJPY, GBPUSD and USDJPY open in Jan, Feb and Mar respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by ktyong
                    Jay, do you mind sharing the plan for these 3 trades that open since Jan? GBPJPY, GBPUSD and USDJPY open in Jan, Feb and Mar respectively.
                    I was about to ask the same.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm not too worried about G/J because it's positioned well and mostly hedged still. I am watching for specific things and am close to acting on it.

I had to put a collar on that one in times of expanding range and volatility so now I need larger moves before I will act. Going into Brexit next month I'm sure the market will provide the kind of moves I'm looking for. If I thought it couldn't be done profitably on an equity basis I would close it right now.
                      -------------------------------

AudCad is obviously a longer than average duration play, but I still have no concerns about it's contributions to profitability.

Enjoy your weekend All

- SC

Comment

Consolidation type action mostly this week so not a lot of trades. Things will pick up I'm sure, and until after Brexit I'm cleanly hedged on GBP.

As I'm sure you are aware, some brokers are lowering available margin in the next few weeks. Something to watch for especially with higher follower ratios.

-Cheers

Comment

Hi there, I don't know what happened but I don't have the same trades opened as master right now. Here is what I got:
                          02.17.2016 18:47 GBPUSD Sell 1.43176
                          03.01.2016 20:22 USDJPY Sell 114.025
                          04.27.2016 04:30 AUDCAD Buy 0.97155
                          04.27.2016 05:01 AUDCAD Buy 0.96487

Jay, any advice on what to do right now?

Comment

I just restarted VPS and the AUDUSD is "out of range".. Should I open it anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by peeper View Post
                              I just restarted VPS and the AUDUSD is "out of range".. Should I open it anyway?

No you shouldn't, if you've got questions on the copier please hit us up on support, the traders don't know the intricacies of the copier.

If you open it manually it won't be managed, "out of range" means that price is outside the slippage parameters. If price returns to entry then the trade will be opened.

Comment

Working...
                              X