No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been an interesting month with "the calm before the storm" followed by Brexit and the aftermath. A month like this can potentially be scary but it's another example of market volatility creating opportunities for unbiased short term trading. Many trading professionals love months like this and a few I know did quite well. Most of my profits came from stock markets this month but even with the tighter risk management and lower leverage rules around Brexit it's been another good month and quarter for Forex trading.

Forex brokers have started returning margin levels to pre-Brexit norms and I expect more normal trading to resume in July. The recent volatility should continue to produce good opportunities as well.

I hope everyone made it through the first half of the year safely and profitably.

Cheers,

SC

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyCapture
      Most of my profits came from stock markets this month but even with the tighter risk management and lower leverage rules around Brexit it's been another good month and quarter for Forex trading

SC
      Jay, am I missing something?
      Your equity is down by 2-3% in this quarter. What is so "good month and quarter" in this?

I made 4.2% on big accounts today while still no losing month in past 2yr so I know something about the good or bad period and I don't understand what is the purpose of such statement?
      Should we be glad you didn't lose more? This question is provocative but previous one wasn't. Please reply what piece of puzzle I don't see.

Comment

Your question is based on bad information sir. The quarter is up by @ 2.5% on an equity basis and I am at all time equity highs. All 3 months were decent for trading this quarter and though I had to bail on a position because of circumstances in April there was nothing wrong with the opportunities that month. In normal circumstances I'm sure it would've been a profitable month.

Your inquiry about losses??? Puzzling is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidster View Post

Jay, am I missing something?
          Your equity is down by 2-3% in this quarter. What is so "good month and quarter" in this?

I made 4.2% on big accounts today while still no losing month in past 2yr so I know something about the good or bad period and I don't understand what is the purpose of such statement?
          Should we be glad you didn't lose more? This question is provocative but previous one wasn't. Please reply what piece of puzzle I don't see.

Ok.... I think it's time I called bullshit here.

If you really are as experienced and worldly as you claim, you should be able to read a simple equity chart.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Stea...e-live/1211446

Unless you can produce evidence that you indeed haven't had a single losing month in 2 years (as is your claim) then I think we can put you in the same basket as all the other haters, doubters, bullshit artists, backseat traders and trolls that we get on here.
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyCapture
            Your question is based on bad information sir. The quarter is up by @ 2.5% on an equity basis and I am at all time equity highs.
            You are correct! My mistake, I had broken chart as it was zoomed in for whatever reason. Your quarter is up and I apologize for stating wrong figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick

Ok.... I think it's time I called bullshit here.

If you really are as experienced and worldly as you claim, you should be able to read a simple equity chart.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Stea...e-live/1211446

Unless you can produce evidence that you indeed haven't had a single losing month in 2 years (as is your claim) then I think we can put you in the same basket as all the other hates, doubters, bullshit artists, backseat traders and trolls that we get on here.
              I apologized to Jay as I was checking chart on phone and made "finger error".

Mr. McDonald, what is the point in showing you my tracks if I publish longest track record ever published on myfxbook, highly profitable (~3% avg) and you delete my post right away?

With my Big Bullet system I've been making what I said.
              I won't repeat what is my strategy and why I am changing brokers as I already said that on this forum. Changing brokers doesn't allow me to publish single track. But I will do my best to show you trading at least for this year to ease off some of your frustration. I will give you access to one small account (60k) so you can watch it if you like and start waiting for mistake to put some rage on me. Could be a long wait though. Following this type of trading as a signal copying isn't and won't be possible so it isn't ruining SteadyCapture thread in any way.

Btw, past few months were total crap. I expect much more in coming future if only broker doesn't start showing weakness for my type of trading.

This was big bullet, "low" risk.

High risk is below. And account size wasn't so small either.

I am waiting on your question now where is 2yr track. Correct?

The only reason why I'm paying quite large amount of money for your traders is that I would like to make money even when I am not trading. My way of trading produces only a few opportunities per month if at all. And there's no fun in searching for brokers all the time.
              I don't need to make 5% with your guys as I made fair amount in past, but I hate seeing them when they are gambling big events. Ok, this has nothing to do with Jay and his thread.

Comment

Good Reward:Risk ratio on the high risk strategy Vidster. will be interesting to see how it plays out in the months ahead

Balboa

Comment

Originally posted by Vidster View Post

I apologized to Jay as I was checking chart on phone and made "finger error".

Mr. McDonald, what is the point in showing you my tracks if I publish longest track record ever published on myfxbook, highly profitable (~3% avg) and you delete my post right away?

With my Big Bullet system I've been making what I said.
                  I won't repeat what is my strategy and why I am changing brokers as I already said that on this forum. Changing brokers doesn't allow me to publish single track. But I will do my best to show you trading at least for this year to ease off some of your frustration. I will give you access to one small account (60k) so you can watch it if you like and start waiting for mistake to put some rage on me. Could be a long wait though. Following this type of trading as a signal copying isn't and won't be possible so it isn't ruining SteadyCapture thread in any way.

Btw, past few months were total crap. I expect much more in coming future if only broker doesn't start showing weakness for my type of trading.

This was big bullet, "low" risk.

High risk is below. And account size wasn't so small either.

I am waiting on your question now where is 2yr track. Correct?

The only reason why I'm paying quite large amount of money for your traders is that I would like to make money even when I am not trading. My way of trading produces only a few opportunities per month if at all. And there's no fun in searching for brokers all the time.
                  I don't need to make 5% with your guys as I made fair amount in past, but I hate seeing them when they are gambling big events. Ok, this has nothing to do with Jay and his thread.

Thank you for the info. It at least gives us an idea that you are trading a decent chunk of money, however I'm still not convinced you have a 2 year track record of unbroken returns, but regardless, I do appreciate you addressing the question.

The problem we all have with you is that you comment on the traders with an incredibly condecending tone, as if you're opinions and views are gospel and that anyone who trades differently is an absolute fool.

The fact you subscribe to the traders here indicates that you aren't a troll and that you do value the work we do, so I'd ask that you please reread your posts in future, and ask yourself if an an anonymouse alias on the internet asked you these questions, how would you react?

I can tell you the answer to 90% of your posts to date gets the audible reply from myself and every other trader here along the lines of "What the....? F&#k off...I hate this forum"

If that's not your intention, then you need to change the way you ask the questions.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Has the hedged GBP trade ratio changed? I now only have a 0.08 GBPJPY Buy and 0.04 GBPJPY Sell

Comment

I have similar issue 0.02 buy and 0.01 sell. I put an additional 0.01 to balance the hedge. I think is copier issue.

Comment

Originally posted by saint023 View Post
                        Has the hedged GBP trade ratio changed? I now only have a 0.08 GBPJPY Buy and 0.04 GBPJPY Sell
                        it's a rounding effect due to very low size used by SC

I suggest to mirror Jay only by lot multiplier setting an integer multiplier, i.e. x1 , x2 etc and NEVER x0.6, x1.5 etc

Comment

Yes if you have the hedge it should be evenly balanced. Best method is to partially close the oversized half so the position can still be closed by the copier.

The hedge has done it's job and the whole legacy position has been nicely profitable so anyone wanting to close it now at it's very small size will not be missing much. GBP/JPY may still provide opportunity to roll out of it profitably which I'm watching for but I won't be re-hedging it again - it's in close only mode now.

This really has been an unusually drawn out situation for a hedge which won't be common. I know it's been a little higher maintenance but the choice to manage it this way ended up being more profitable than closing it earlier.

Comment

Hi jay - Just curious on what your plans are with the GBP/JPY hedged positions? Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

If I don't find an opportunity I like to roll out of the hedge within the next 3 weeks it will just be closed.

Comment

Hello,

Any mam plan with SteadyCapture ?

Comment

Working...
                                X