No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steady Capture is already part of FX Fusion.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by taruh
      Steady Capture is already part of FX Fusion.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Yup .. i know that .. but i would prefer him only trading my account as it seems other traders of fx fusion r not performing as good as him this year specifically. .
      Maybe the market conditions this year is against thrir strategies or something. . But its quiet obvious

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever fund I'm managing the goal for me is always the same. Consistently positive returns with relatively low DD and be sure to make money for the clients.

Fusion was designed with a little different objective. Maximized and diversified returns within acceptable risk levels. Nick and Dom may tinker with the ratios to achieve that goal of course, but over time the returns should be diversified and strong.

----------------------------

July turned out to be a consolidation type month. The smaller sizes and longer duration of trades this month were normal for the circumstances. I'm looking forward to things picking up again. It'll be interesting to see what the market brings over the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
          Whatever fund I'm managing the goal for me is always the same. Consistently positive returns with relatively low DD and be sure to make money for the clients.

Fusion was designed with a little different objective. Maximized and diversified returns within acceptable risk levels. Nick and Dom may tinker with the ratios to achieve that goal of course, but over time the returns should be diversified and strong.

----------------------------

July turned out to be a consolidation type month. The smaller sizes and longer duration of trades this month were normal for the circumstances. I'm looking forward to things picking up again. It'll be interesting to see what the market brings over the next few months.

Hi Jay,

2 things.

First of all I want to say nice trading and thank you.

Secondly I just noticed that you put a TP of 139.00 on the GJ long. Are you planning to take that loss if it hits the TP or are you still planning on keeping it longer term? I only ask as with the positive swap in my own account I am happy to weather the storm per se. So if you do plan to stick to it I may just add a buy stop of the same size at that price. My position sizing was off so for me that trade is unfortunately quite large. I have fixed this issue by going to lot size multiplier now and it's much better. But yeah main question is if you plan to accept that loss, if yes absolutely no stress at all I will just add my own. Even in if takes me a full year I don't actually care. Pound will recover I am sure of it. Most solid currencies do. Please let me know I would really appreciate it! Good luck for August mate. Cheers BRM

Comment

BRM,

Thanks.

That position won't be re-hedged or adjusted for a higher TP. However, the dynamics affecting it have changed enough that I can comfortably manage it unhedged now. I've only been looking at it from an equity basis and there is no loss from that POV, it was actually nicely profitable. It only appears so on a balance basis because of how the hedging and rolling in and out worked.

At this point it is better for the Master account to clear it away sooner rather than later but for those like yourself who feel comfortable managing it for more profit on your own, feel free.

I just can't take that longer term route anymore since it could block out normal GBP/JPY trading for any newer clients.

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
              BRM,

Thanks.

That position won't be re-hedged or adjusted for a higher TP. However, the dynamics affecting it have changed enough that I can comfortably manage it unhedged now. I've only been looking at it from an equity basis and there is no loss from that POV, it was actually nicely profitable. It only appears so on a balance basis because of how the hedging and rolling in and out worked.

At this point it is better for the Master account to clear it away sooner rather than later but for those like yourself who feel comfortable managing it for more profit on your own, feel free.

I just can't take that longer term route anymore since it could block out normal GBP/JPY trading for any newer clients.

Hi Steady, for me the trade size for GJ seems to be abnormally large. With that TP I will take a 5% loss. Does that equate to about what you will expect on your master account?

I have since gone to follow you via lot multiple copier as it will be accurate. I think there must of been a copier issue, unless you are expecting a 5% loss on that GJ?

Comment

Okay I have compared with you master. Your GJ trade is 0.01, and your GA trades are 0.03 and 0.04.

On my account the GJ is the same size as my GA trades. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Now I understand why you are happy to let it go it will be less than a 1% loss.

This sucks I will have to add my own trade or something.

Nick is there anyway that I can continue copying trades but not have the GJ trade closed out? From my experience over past few years i am almost certain that the answer is a definitive no.

Bugger.

Comment

What about disabling the pair from inside the control panel, will this close the current trades?
                  If no then your problem is solved
                  If yes then you can still do that and reopen the trades again at same price of close so you will lose the commission only

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
                    What about disabling the pair from inside the control panel, will this close the current trades?
                    If no then your problem is solved
                    If yes then you can still do that and reopen the trades again at same price of close so you will lose the commission only

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                    I've tried that in the past. Disabling the pair will prevent any new trades, but will not affect the management of open positions.
                    So when the Signal Provider closes the trade, the clients trade will also close, even if the pair is disabled. Been there, done that!

As Okda says, you can just close the trade and immediately re-open an identical one to manage yourself, if you are convinced the price will recover.
                    The effect is exactly the same, your loss is already there, painful as it is to admit, just a question of whether it shows in equity or balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                      Okay I have compared with you master. Your GJ trade is 0.01, and your GA trades are 0.03 and 0.04.

On my account the GJ is the same size as my GA trades. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Now I understand why you are happy to let it go it will be less than a 1% loss.

This sucks I will have to add my own trade or something.

Nick is there anyway that I can continue copying trades but not have the GJ trade closed out? From my experience over past few years i am almost certain that the answer is a definitive no.

Bugger.

Sorry BRM, you can't.

Just looking at my accounts it looks like the GBPJPY position is dis-proportionally large as well.... It seems like when the strategy trades or partially closes out 0.01's it can really screw up the basket, particularly on small accounts.
                      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

Sorry BRM, you can't.

Just looking at my accounts it looks like the GBPJPY position is dis-proportionally large as well.... It seems like when the strategy trades or partially closes out 0.01's it can really screw up the basket, particularly on small accounts.

Yeah bummer. Chances are we aren't the only ones with this problem. Maybe you should do the lot multiplier too from now on?

But yeah it'll be a 5% hit. I am still decding what to do. I am happy to be GJ long by myself as long as it is paying positive swap and its a small position size I could hold it for a year and not care. Tough call. Maybe AJ is a better option personally. Hmmmm....the fact that pound has been pounded so much though makes me think it's upside in a years time has more potential. It's a shame that Jay's strategy here won't work for some of us. But that's not his fault and understand why he would close. But yeah just a pity.

Comment

I apologize for the difficulties some have experienced with the GBP/JPY position. It was unforeseen and unintentional. Hopefully those with exaggerated DD experienced larger gains on the hedges on the way down. If the equity difference experienced by some is still large I suspect that the synthetic hedges were overly complicated for comparison purposes to the Master account. If the ratio's were off a little, it could have eventually made large differences from the Master over time.

I'm considering changing my policy of using synthetic hedges to mitigate difficulties like this in the future. Normal hedging would be easier for follower accounts to monitor and make sure it's balanced properly. I also understand from Nick that the majority of clients have access to accounts that allow hedging anyways. I used to have a lot of US based followers in the past who didn't.

If there are some followers who do not have access to hedging accounts please speak up in the forums here or send a message to administration. Around Labor Day I'll check the results and decide which hedging policy to use going forward.

Comment

all I will say steady is your synthetic hedges when using lot multiplier work lovely, (sorry to hear some getting caught out here) but in terms of signal and risk. by changing your hedging style means to me you are a totally different signal going forward, actually got used to your unique way of limiting damage to the account and now if you change it begs the question will your performance still be the same

hate seeing trader "change" style half way through, could be a negative thing (of course could be good) but bottom line its "change" and that make me nervous considering you have always used synthetic hedges from the start, what id rather see as a client is you stick to your current working formula but advise all follows to use lot multiplier from now on to stop this issue from returning

Many thanks

//Ben

Comment

Originally posted by dupapa View Post
                              all I will say steady is your synthetic hedges when using lot multiplier work lovely, (sorry to hear some getting caught out here) but in terms of signal and risk. by changing your hedging style means to me you are a totally different signal going forward, actually got used to your unique way of limiting damage to the account and now if you change it begs the question will your performance still be the same

hate seeing trader "change" style half way through, could be a negative thing (of course could be good) but bottom line its "change" and that make me nervous considering you have always used synthetic hedges from the start, what id rather see as a client is you stick to your current working formula but advise all follows to use lot multiplier from now on to stop this issue from returning

Many thanks

//Ben
                              I have just changed my follower account to lot multiplier.
                              Thanks for the information
                              Last edited by BillHuppert; 08-04-2016, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Just to clarify:

The choice of synthetic hedges or normal hedges would have zero effect on future performance or strategy. They are two methods of accomplishing the exact same thing. The only difference would be a slight savings in commissions when using 'normal' hedges since you accomplish the same thing as a synthetic with about 1/2 the commission costs since you only need one currency pair to do it versus two for synthetics.

A synthetic hedge is not a trading strategy on it's own, it is simply a way of flattening your exposure temporarily in a position the same way normal hedging is. It is only used in extremely volatile situations to reduce exposure when it is preferable to closing the position completely. I have used synthetic hedges since the beginning of my track record for the benefit of US based clients who could not be long and short the same currency pair at the same time because of US brokerage rules. Instead, I would be long one pair and use two other pairs to be short the same amount, effectively creating a perfect 'synthetic' hedge.

No future trading opportunities would be missed or changed by switching to 'normal' hedges when they are needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X