No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've discussed things with Nick and we have decided it is best to use a normal hedging policy going forward instead of synthetic hedges. The use of hedging to temporarily flatten a position is not common in position management even though I used it for an extended period this year. That was unusual. It normally comes up maybe once or twice a year and is over quickly.

I appreciate that signal followers and forex investors have enough challenges on their hands so less things to worry about is good. I want to give you my word that this change is for the best and will have no effect whatsoever on future returns or strategy. In fact if anything it is a more efficient way of doing things when it is needed.

I hope the change has been adequately explained and I'm looking forward to some good trading months ahead.

Cheers

Comment

SC, I notice this year many positions can left open for multi months. We just close all the GBPJPY with small loss. Now we have XAUUSD which is left hanging. I see some activity in AUDCAD that u try to close. What is the holding period for a position you had in mind? The longer a position is kept open the more subject to broker issue such as changing server, reduce leverage during special event etc.

Comment

Yes, the odd position can last for months. Some, like the current XAU/USD position are intended that way at entry. Unfortunately I had a pending buy order that just missed by a couple bucks on the recent down move before the upswing. It happens.

Other times like GBP/JPY from January, they are originally intended to be short term but responding to extreme volatility can extend that to months which was the cost of hedging and making it profitable.

Then there are times when I adapt to market conditions such as we had post-Brexit when the market consolidated and I was looking more at larger indications and longer term moves that would likely take more than a week, like AUD/CAD and GBP/AUD for example. As market volatility and volumes increase, trade duration generally goes down closer to the long term average which for general forex trading is about 15 hours.

For trades that I know can last months the sizing is kept small enough that broker leverage adjustments shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Jay, just in case you missed my proposition in the other forum.

How long have I been saying that everyone needs to have SteadyCapture in their portfolio? Bloody hell... +$133,000 good job!

For those that are unaware, we're stopping the FX Fusion portfolio this month at Think Huge Investments and instead running SteadyCapture by himself at 1x risk.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
            Jay, just in case you missed my proposition in the other forum.

How long have I been saying that everyone needs to have SteadyCapture in their portfolio? Bloody hell... +$133,000 good job!

For those that are unaware, we're stopping the FX Fusion portfolio this month at Think Huge Investments and instead running SteadyCapture by himself at 1x risk.

Any chances of ic markets mamm .. i would be interested ..,😀

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Tapatalk

Comment

+ interest from me. i'd like to see a mamm option too, although hard to tell if it can work well if minimum lot sizes on ~35000 can be as low as 0.01. but if there is a workable solution, I'm all for a PAMM or MAMM option.

Comment

Steady - you just started some kind of hedge?

Comment

I'd follow Steady Capture in a x2 MAM.
                  It would be good to see all the trades closed occasionally although I guess it is his strategy to be in the market constantly (keeping 3% or more p/m).
                  Knowing Max DD on 1 trade is 10% and Closed , nice to see the return lifted a bit (for recovery).
                  But great trading to date without to many scares looking at the Myfxbook.

Comment

Congrats Nick on the $133,000 mark - You'll hit your million yet!

And Mexico eh? If you're not careful I'll expect a nice trip every $133k

-----------------------------

Looking forward to servicing the MAM clients with Think Huge Investments. I fully believe in Nick's philosophy of making money only with the clients. Obviously it's discouraging for the Fusion guys to be under water right now but I know it's only a matter of time before you're riding highs again. This month marks the beginning of my 6th year of riding equity highs in public fund management and I have every confidence of continuing that tradition.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that we're now offering SteadyCapture under our ASIC regulated entity Think Huge Investments.

If you would like to invest with this strategy please visit the website here: https://www.thinkhugeinvestments.com...steady-capture

Congratulations Jay, forex is a war of attrition and I'm pleased to say that you're now part of a very elite unit of money making revolutionaries achieved through years of perseverance.

With your help, we're going to make a lot of people in this community a lot of money over the coming years and change their lives for the better.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Wow, this is fantastic news. Truly inspired by your performance SC. This is the site where lots of traders including myself see our fortunes happening. So news like this and performance like this is what we need. Keep up the good work SC.

Comment

Do you offer 2 x MAM SC ? Many would be interested

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

There is not currently a 2x MAM but we'll see what the future brings.

My trading is very adaptive to market conditions and as the market becomes more active my returns generally go up. In the right kind of environment they could easily be more than double what the trailing 12 months was. The last year has felt a little lean to me compared to other times in the past.

One issue with a 2x MAM is that trading in a very active, volatile market (which could happen at any time) could push many outside their comfort zone compared to my 'normal' trading during recent average activity levels.

I feel that the current 1.2x MAM gives a solid growth potential especially since I remain suspicious that the market may go into higher volatility phases in the coming 12 months.

Comment

Update for Fusion account holders:

We have modified the Fusion MAM's to "close only mode" on the legacy Kilimanjaro AUD/NZD trades. No new trades from that signal will be accepted going forward.

I will also keep an eye on the position in case of increased market volatility.

Comment

Jay, can you please give us some commentary on the AUDNZD as some of us who aren't on the MAM but instead subscribe to the signals have disabled Kilimanjaro but we still have those open positions which we are managing ourselves.

I know your picking up the pieces from another trader and it doesn't benefit you in the least but it would help some of us in the community to get your perspective, maybe where to take some further positions in order to close this basket at minimum loss or breakeven.

We've already suffered significant losses with Smart2 and Kilimanjaro this month and last month so if there is anything you can do to assist us to minimize any further losses on this basket would be most appreciated.

I hope I'm not asking too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X