No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your account needs to have more than 10k to receive a trade on gold.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

I can answer the first question for you there 3827.

The minimum investment remains at $5k. Jay does occasionally trade much smaller, however it's very infrequent and the positions aren't generally co-dependent to his basket (as we see with the Gold positions right now). So clients who have less than $18k invested will simply miss these trades (instead of taking on additional risk, as has been the case with some signal copiers in the past).
      Nick Could you confirm what is the min. deposit to receive trades from Steady at IC markets MAM x2 risk (ex Viper 3x risk). Before with Viper we had much lower initial deposit. I started with 1k, than he switched to lower lots and the min. to receive trades was 3k. Also what is the max. DD cut off.
      Last edited by oportunis; 11-15-2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post

Nick Could you confirm what is the min. deposit to receive trades from Steady at IC markets MAM x2 risk (ex Viper 3x risk). Before with Viper we had much lower initial deposit. I started with 1k, than he switched to lower lots and the min. to receive trades was 3k. Also what is the max. DD cut off.
        SteadyCapture's strategy isn't as linear as Viper's, so he'll trade different lot sizes depending on the probability of the set up (which I love). The higher the chance of success, the bigger the trade size.

With $1k invested you'll still get 80% of the trades, however $5k is the minimum I'd recommend to endure you get the majority. I know some of you don't have these gold trades on your account due to the size, don't stress too much about it. As I mentioned before he's buying gold as a long term fundamental play and it's not related to his other FX trades, so your performance shouldn't be heavily effected.
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
          I don't have any trades on IC MAM x2 risk (ex viper 3x risk). What is the min. deposit required there? Also what is the max. DD on this MAM? Before it was 60%.
          It's 40%.

So you're returns should be significantly higher with a much lower worst case scenario. You can see why I'm so excited to be bringing you guys this strategy

To pick up all three gold trades you would need $20k invested, however as I've said earlier. These gold trades aren't a big part of his overall strategy. He makes his money trading FX pairs primarily, and you'll get the full benefit of these.

Comment

• You guys should have your first trade live now. AC long

Comment

• Anyone myfxbook link with the Steady Capture managed account balance please (not the master account)

Comment

• Same question as above. Old Viper's managed acc is not updated but some orders are opened.

Comment

• Here are the new MAM links:

Steady Capture Continuation MAM 2x (IC Markets): http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Thin...mam-2x/1861738

Steady Capture Continuation MAM USD (AxiTrader): http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Thin...am-usd/1861782

Steady Capture Continuation MAM GBP (AxiTrader): http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Thin...am-gbp/1861785

Steady Capture Continuation MAM AUD (AxiTrader): http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Thin...am-aud/1861790

Also, I thought it might be interesting for you guys to see how Jay has handled AUDCAD over the past year. It's been one of his favorite pairs for a while.

The graph and stats have gone a little crazy due to the custom analysis, but the key thing to look at here is the profit of $29,229 from AUDCAD alone!

Capture.PNG

Comment

• Aud employment out today could be the kicker for these aud cad trades one way or other. I've been doing a bit of custom analysis on different pairs also Nick on SC, interesting results with some pairs dropped out (hindsight = 20/20 vision)
                    Last edited by littlemax; 11-16-2016, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Thank you Nick for the links.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I've just published an audio interview that I did with Jay earlier in the week.

Apologies for the awkward pauses, we had to copy and paste it together from different audio sources because the original wasn't up to scratch.

Click here to listen

I'm keen to hear your thoughts after listening to it.

Comment

• 1. steady is a very composed man, one of the important characteristics of consistently profitable trader. (just like how he name his nick)

2. i like the point that he said going into a trade expecting and ready to manage drawdowns, another character of a consistent trader with positive pnl!

chucky.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Comment

• Could someone tell me the max drawdown where all positions are cut? If there is one?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by freddy250 View Post
                              Could someone tell me the max drawdown where all positions are cut? If there is one?

Thanks
                              30% at risk one

but he has not got close to that in recent years,

but yes WCS = 30% at 1 x risk

Comment

• Dear Jay,

Can you please give us some details about the recent drawdowni audcad is falling for the last 2 days are you expecting a big bounce ?

Comment

Working...
                                X