SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks SC,

Also I see you have loaded into kiwi and cable keen to see how this plays out

Comment

• NZDUSD should be fine. GBPUSD if we wont see any hard brexit news - the same.
      USD started to getting weaker in recent days and it might be mid term move

in general, Steady Capture is doing really good. I am happy to be your follower and i got used to your bigger first entry

Comment

• Hey guys, I know this basket might be getting a little hot for many of you and I just wanted to jump on here and help alleviate your concerns.

When price moves away from our initial position we almost always end up making more money in the end. Take the AUDCAD basket as an example.

I know many of you look at the floating equity and are a bit taken back, but please let the whole thing play out and I'm confident the result will be similar to what we observed during the first half of this month.
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Very surprised to see today's GBP longs, but SC should be able to manage it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick
            Hey guys, I know this basket might be getting a little hot for many of you and I just wanted to jump on here and help alleviate your concerns.

When price moves away from our initial position we almost always end up making more money in the end. Take the AUDCAD basket as an example.

I know many of you look at the floating equity and are a bit taken back, but please let the whole thing play out and I'm confident the result will be similar to what we observed during the first half of this month.
            Nick, the problem with this pair is it's volatility over Brexit talks. And we know the ATR on the GBPUSD is double that of the AUDCAD. That in itself makes this whole basket unnerving and precarious. I would prefer he gets us out of this ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• And we've seen what happens when you keep loading up on positions and price goes against you. You only have to go back a few weeks with Goldstar for that little reminder. So please spare me the rhetoric about making more money as price moves against us. We know it doesn't always work that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• As soon as I saw the GPB trade I knew it was a ridiculous trade and back up with 5 more stupid trades.

Comment

• the thing is, steady already this way for almost 2 years with success.
                  only what i can complain is going both NU long and GU long the same time. Its doubling the risk - in my opinion.
                  in case USD will go stronger it will bring both pairs down.

Comment

• I'm disappointed as it's the inauguration of the most divisive president ever that we decided to trade USD in this week at all.
                    But I'm not the trader. Obviously a chance was seen and assumed would be out prior but I can't see the risk worth it.
                    Otherwise trading has been great but this just makes for a stressful week. This could be a whipsaw fest.
                    Anyhows it only helps to support Jay in moments like these as opposed to negative comments. We are all capable of disabling pairs. From now on I will use my own discretion. Same as I would of done for Gold between Xmas and NY. I just didn't believe Hans would trade then, and I wouldn't of believed Jay would trade USD now. So I'll no longer take anything for granted. Hopefully we all get out and Jay handles this as well as he has handled everything else which is as a matter of fact very very professionally and well. Happy to sit back and watch a good trader steer us through this intense time.
                    Can you guys imagine the gaps this weekend after any weekend Trump tweets? Eeeeeeekkkkk!!!

Comment

• Gbpusd: we entered long on a local peak of a downfall trend, while we where nearly flat and Teresa "Maybe" is finally sure on hard brexit and Macho Man Donald is tweetting with no self control...
                      Meh!

Comment

• Being managed very well. Slight reduction in exposure as we gradually make profits.
                        Full closure of AC basket.
                        Potentially even out pre Trump.

Comment

• Yes, I agree.
                          SC did right and I was simply overconcerned.
                          Now I sit back and drink my tea waiting for next week trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by sloozefx View Post

As soon as I saw the GPB trade I knew it was a ridiculous trade and back up with 5 more stupid trades.
                            And this is why you don't trade professionally....

Over the next few months you should start appreciate Jay's trading style more. He often goes in big with the direction of short term strength looking to grab 20-30 pips, it normally works and when it doesn't he averages into and out of the position.

The majority of retail traders would short at a point of heavy resistance, expecting a bounce, however Jay isn't your typical retail trader.

Success comes from doing things differently.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• @Nick..Do you think SC will ever be available as a signal again? Even for a short time so members can get a chance to join SC as a signal subscription.

Thanks

Comment

• I have a high tolerance for volatility when I feel I have a good grasp on the major factors affecting a trade. This past week was an example. I didn't anticipate the magnitude of the moves but I knew them for what they were as they occurred. I view fear as an emotion to be avoided as much as hope or greed. I like data and analyzing the information as it becomes available and assessing it's value. There were compelling reasons to fade USD strength last week and signs that it's strength was likely to be short lived. There is a reason last week ended strongly in favour of GBP strength.

I like how things are setup here and think it likely we will be out of everything profitably this week. Even if some is left over because of continued volatility I think it will be navigable to our benefit.

Comment

Working...
                                X