No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We trust your judgement here, no gambling, we can wait and stay safe.

Comment

• Hi Steady Capture,
      It has been quite a different trade behaviours with what you might have done last year. I noted that trade win are bigger margins now. Positions are lesser in recent 3 weeks.
      May we have an update of Steady Capture if he has changed his update of strategy and trades. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artrader View Post
        Hi Steady Capture,
        It has been quite a different trade behaviours with what you might have done last year. I noted that trade win are bigger margins now. Positions are lesser in recent 3 weeks.
        May we have an update of Steady Capture if he has changed his update of strategy and trades. Thanks.
        The past 3 weeks have been quiet, but rest assured nothing has changed with the strategy. As soon as the odds shift in our favour with the markets he'll be pulling the trigger.
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• I agree with Nick. I see nothing changed in Steady style. It how he is trading for last 2 years. Sometimes he can get quick DD in case market move against, but fortunately he always was able to get out with decent profit. i think its about getting used to the trader style.

Comment

• Hi SC, what is your plan for the last gold trade still open in profit?

Comment

• Take a look at the average range in the major currency pairs over the last two weeks. Keep in mind that during this period the market absorbed enough data and Fed speak that the Fed Funds Futures moved about 14 basis points higher. Can anyone remember a time when the futures moved that much and yet the major currency pairs stayed in this tight of a range? I can't either.

I think what's going on is Big Institutional money is pricing in the possibility of a change in US "strong dollar" policy and it's working against fundamentals. Trump is an X-factor to the markets right now and it's dangerous and inappropriate to cruise along in the same old fashion for certain types of trades. Many of my trade types for this account involve using a larger stop than a target. I need certain advantages and a lot of confidence to take those trades because if it goes against me I need to know enough to be able to cut it loose. It's not just a matter of price moving against me a certain amount. I cut things loose when it's the right move to make and I'm confident it won't go positive again. For that I need solid information and insight. Look at my history and you'll see it's not just about booking lots of winners, it's about consistently making good decisions. I've made no fundamental strategy changes I simply don't have enough information about a lot of trade types in order to enter.

That being said I did like the improvements in intra-day price action I saw this past week and I have started entering more pending orders. Things are definitely starting to move better even though the best moves are still very dependent on news headlines.

As far as the Gold position goes I'll know what to do. It's drifting up for good reason and there's a lot more potential upside depending on how things go but I won't make specific predictions , I have to stay flexible.

Comment

• Dear SteadyCapture,

Thank you for sharing the insight. I respect your views and follow your observation.
                Over last 4 weeks, the price ranges, in most FX pairs. Swing has been bigger than before. I can only say the market has moved and probably trade patterns,

Not about this account or trades,
                May you share public source of information with respect to the views from institutional trades in FX. Thank you so much.

Comment

• Thanks for explanation SC, gold and all the rest.

Paolo

Comment

• I don't want to learn trader how to trade, but why don't we close Gold trades now on Viper's continuation MAM? We are 0,7% over the line. I assume it's copier problem master->continuation account (trades closed on MAM might be re-opened because of presence on Master?) I'm just curious. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by goral123 View Post
                      I don't want to learn trader how to trade, but why don't we close Gold trades now on Viper's continuation MAM? We are 0,7% over the line. I assume it's copier problem master->continuation account (trades closed on MAM might be re-opened because of presence on Master?) I'm just curious. Thanks.
                      It's because we opened the gold trades at the current market price when we flipped across in November last year and we're now seeing the benefit.

The trades are being managed and if Jay decides he'd prefer to close them prematurely then he's able to do that, but right now his expectation is that we'll continue to see a rise, and therefor more profits on horizon

Comment

• Overall February has had some pretty tough action. It's been a tentative & nervous market. I keep an eye on a lot of different kinds of market action and this month has been tougher than normal by many metrics. It's still been profitable, with some trading types doing well & significantly better than others but it's really been the type of month to be careful and stay disciplined.

This can't last forever. Sometimes when market conditions like this persist it can create pent up energy for really good action in the future. I'll be looking for improvements in March and with a highly anticipated US Fed meeting coming hopefully things will open up a bit more.
                        ---------------------------

Gold I'm not worried about. It's not the type of position where it's been under water for a while and I'm just happy to manage the 'in between' moves for profits and get out at flat on the original. This one is longer term with more potential for profit. I'm positioned just how I want to be at this time.

Comment

• Hey guys, I've just posted some correspondence on our blog from Jay that you might find interesting.

Check it out: https://www.forexsignals.com/blog

Comment

• Comment

• Can someone explain to me (again) how the MAM performance fees are calculated?
                              A performance fee was paid 3rd February to cover period to 31st January.
                              3rd February was the HWM on my account and the account balance is still some way below this figure over a month later.
                              I have just paid another performance fee for February which is about 60% of the value of the small February profit.
                              As my account balance is still several hundred GBP below the HWM of end January why have I paid a performance fee and why does the fee appear to be about 60%?
                              Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by airedalejoe View Post
                                Can someone explain to me (again) how the MAM performance fees are calculated?
                                A performance fee was paid 3rd February to cover period to 31st January.
                                3rd February was the HWM on my account and the account balance is still some way below this figure over a month later.
                                I have just paid another performance fee for February which is about 60% of the value of the small February profit.
                                As my account balance is still several hundred GBP below the HWM of end January why have I paid a performance fee and why does the fee appear to be about 60%?
                                Thanks
                                It's because you're looking at the balance figure, not the equity in your account.

If you compare the actual money in the account (which is the equity) you'll notice that month on month it's grown, that's why you see the performance fee applied.

If you send us an email at support@forexsignals.com with your details we're happy to explain the specifics on the fee applied to your particular account.

Comment

Working...
                                X