Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

Hi FXtradefx,

You're coming in at the tail end of a 6 year journey. On this journey our one and only mission is to make money trading the forex market.

You're right that there are strategies on myfxbook, zulutrade, mql5, signalstart, darwinex, ect that have delivered far greater returns over the past year or two. No doubt.

However.

And this is the kicker....

They won't be here in 2 years from now, let alone 5.

How do I know this?

I have been invested with a trader who you would be happy to have managing members funds and has a 2 year trading history. You said I am the only one not making money... Well, I have been making better average monthly returns than your PAMM accounts on about 7x lower risk. I compare all other managers to mine and thats why I said I was not impressed to what you have to offer.
    If you think he will not be around in a few years, follow the guy. Besides, its not hard to be around for 6 years if you are making 1.3% per month on 30% risk. Almost anyone who knows FX a bit can do that...

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by fxtradefx View Post

I have been invested with a trader who you would be happy to have managing members funds and has a 2 year trading history. You said I am the only one not making money... Well, I have been making better average monthly returns than your PAMM accounts on about 7x lower risk. I compare all other managers to mine and thats why I said I was not impressed to what you have to offer.
        If you think he will not be around in a few years, follow the guy. Besides, its not hard to be around for 6 years if you are making 1.3% per month on 30% risk. Almost anyone who knows FX a bit can do that...

That sounds really good. Is this manager on here and is it possible to see his performance? If its true what you are saying, he might want to show his performance on this forum. I am sure there would be a lot of interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by georgTT View Post

That sounds really...SPAM.
          That sounds really...SPAM
          Free adv

Comment

• Comment

• Err, apologies to Steady, but I am quite attracted to a signal with 7x Lower risk and similar returns.

Looking forward to fxtradefx posting the MyFXBook (or other) link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westie View Post
                Err, apologies to Steady, but I am quite attracted to a signal with 7x Lower risk and similar returns.

Looking forward to fxtradefx posting the MyFXBook (or other) link.

Comment

• I dont know why they didnt reply but they always reply to me. Havent talked to them in a few days though...

Comment

• Well why didn't you send myfxbook link instead so he can compare email doesn't show statistics... Unless they are not on myfxbook, than they can hide something. Results need to be veified by 3rd party...

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                      Well why didn't you send myfxbook link instead so he can compare email doesn't show statistics... Unless they are not on myfxbook, than they can hide something. Results need to be veified by 3rd party...
                      I am just their investor, not trying to market anything. I can only provide their email if I am asked but thats about it. And results are verified by 3rd party...

Comment

• so if they are on myfxbook send the link together with email, shouldn't be a problem You can send to me also, so I can check. Maybe I even know the PAM you are mentioning...

Comment

• Last edited by Neptune; 11-22-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• What is the plan with the sterling trades steady.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yes as Neptune mentioned new GBP trades are being used to close the old hedged position. I'm using this method instead of rolling in and out of the hedge because it is easier to keep the positions balanced and allows new money or clients to join at any time. The current GBP short entered at 1.33994 will likely be closed next week or possibly the week after. Once flat I will use this tranche of profits to close a proportional amount of the hedged trades again. It will go like this periodically in tranches until it's gone. I have structured the final tranche to target a little bit higher point than our previous equity high and don't really foresee a problem with GBP being able to provide the opportunities or fund this itself. I may modify the duration of this methodology based on market activity or may just keep it going if the action is there for a while.

It should be mentioned that it doesn't really matter how far up or down GBP ventures from the original hedged level and I don't care which way it goes. The only thing affecting equity levels are the unhedged 'in and out' GBP trades or positions in other currencies. A good thing to do is to check your original GBP hedges which right now is everything EXCEPT the 1.33994 sell (which is unhedged). What you want to see is an equal total amount of GBP/USD buys and sells meaning you are hedged flat. If there is an imbalance the way to fix it is to REDUCE the larger half using partial closes until they are equal. You CANNOT add to the lower half because this won't be properly tied to the trade copier and could risk an un-intended imbalance later on. In order to perfectly follow the Master do this verification every time an original hedged GBP tranche is closed.

AUDNZD has also had some recent volatility and came close to a final exit level this week. As it is within striking distance I won't do additional trades in it until I see a specific reason or catalyst to act so I'm giving it more time to do it's thing which I would like to see before year end. Other unrelated trades in different currencies will come and go in the meantime.

December can be a difficult month to predict. The last few weeks saw a little bit of slower 'holiday trading' action but this week has been better. With potential testimony against Trump, Brexit negotiations and a US Fed rate hike coming this month I'd like to see a few good quality trades materialize before year end. It really wouldn't take much to finish the year at equity highs which of course I always like to do. In either case it shouldn't take long, I think there's enough happening right now to keep decent action coming for a while.

Comment

• Thanks for the update.

I love how calm you are! Always such great measured responses. Great to hear the intended plan (even though this obviously changes with conditions). I luckily closed out the hedge sequence as I closed out the original massive short. So all these extra trades are like candy popping in my mouth. Think a few of us here have the same situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X