SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Lancaster View Post

Yes Trizzard. Jay made the call and has selectively closed out a majority of the hedges.
    I know it stings !! but we are moving forwards, focussing all our energy and resources on getting clients to new equity highs asap. (and then onto taking advantage of this heightened volatility to put in some real performance for the year)
    So I listened to the interview.

So am I right in thinking that Jay will now start to trade more actively his "normal style" AND now there is a intraday other style? IS the intraday other style this Gold thing that happens a couple of times a month that everyone is talking about? Was the Gold discussion on the interview i can't remember it, where is everyone getting this information from?

Is he planning on closing out some GBPUSD hedged sells lower and some buy higher or just closing out the hedges at the same price like today?

Comment

• It hurt but it had to be done at some point. It started hurting with equity going down and when we locked it in with hedges anyway. Not much changed when he closed the trades.

"Gold sniper" is the name of the new style and that's what they were talking about for some time now, I think it was already mentioned that it was gold trading and now it was just confirmed. You must have missed it before. I don't particularly like gold trading from taxation stand point so not sure how I'll go about it. Even if it's incredibly profitable when they take 40% away from you it doesn't take much to make it not profitable anymore. Plus the hassle of declaring those profits differently.

A few years ago this loss would be easily made back, not so sure about now unless he can really work some magic with this increased volatility. Best thing to do is to buckle on and see what transpires I suppose. His track record is good so we should be fine.

Comment

• Wow, that hurt.

Can anyone advise if they're actually making money with Forex?

After several years here, I find myself having gone backwards by a considerable amount and after almost a decade of trying forex, I'm beginning to think this doesn't work over the long term except for maybe some short term gains which get eroded over the long term.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by saint023 View Post
            Wow, that hurt.

Can anyone advise if they're actually making money with Forex?

After several years here, I find myself having gone backwards by a considerable amount and after almost a decade of trying forex, I'm beginning to think this doesn't work over the long term except for maybe some short term gains which get eroded over the long term.

Comment

• Comment

• I have made money over the last few years, followed some of nicks traders in the beginning and learnt a lot, now becoming a signal provider the most important aspect of lasting long in this industry is to manage risk, leverage and drawdown, also it helps to have a large enough account in order not to need to run signals or mams higher then necessary, forex unfortunately is seen as a get rich quick option, but it's totally the opposite, the idea of getting rich slowly and safely is the best direction, well that's just my 2 cents

Comment

• We had good rotation back in the day. When one signal failed there was always another one that was good and worked for some time and unless you were playing set and forget then it was possible to leave the failing signal before too much damage was done. Now it's different. Nick's business model changed and we're down to just Steady. Things have gone quiet in here, Steady is doing what he can, we can't diversify and if you don't also trade yourself then you're out of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
                    ...we're down to just Steady.
                    Viper is still trading - just not on Forexsignals. there's been quite a drawdown over the last year but he's managing his way out. I've made around 20%. Unlike Steady he doesn't try to ramp up the trade size when in drawdown. But the amount I've lost on Steady is much more than that unfortunately.

Comment

• Viper has been hedged forever and it costs money. His trading is horribly inefficient, has been from the start and now it's even worse. But his equity is indeed close to making a new high. I'm not interested in MAMs PAMMs or whatever else is out there. But I'll take a good signal any day to complement Steady.

Comment

• All the signals I have tried on here / simpletrader eventually blew up, the question really was whether I got out whilst still in profit, at 30% dd or the account blew.

This one is so far looking like a 30% bust one. I guess it's possible it could recover, will need to see some trading happen first.

I have one signal I haven't been in long enough to decide, but is looking good so far.

Comment

• Someone did write this somewhere before. Nick did try hinting it but I will be more explicit. Look at SC performance graph line. If you do know a bit about trading then you know that nothing goes up forever, take the sp500 for example. This loss was eventually going to happen one way or another, Nick called it 'the result of outperforming the market.' Following this rule that nothing goes up forever, this is either a good time to join or it is the beginning of a correction to outperforming the market Nick mentioned.

Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tame788 View Post
                            Following this rule that nothing goes up forever, this is either a good time to join or it is the beginning of a correction to outperforming the market Nick mentioned.
                            Buy low - sell high. If you believe in SC, this is the perfect moment to join and/or deposit more money, like Nick did.
                            You should never join a system when it's on an all time high.

Comment

• one definitely can make good money in fx, but most people crank up the risk too far and loose their wad.

this is one thing i keep telling people over and over, one needs to see it long term. rome was not build in one day either.

if one wants to find truly good systems, they can be found.

and after listening to jays last report i am sure impressed. he has experience no question, but after all we are all human and can make mistakes.

i sure made a few myself along the way
                              Last edited by reinerh; 02-13-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cris47 View Post
                                Nice interview Nick, thank you for organising it.
                                I do hope that the new strategy isn't yet another martingale style one, bcz I just had enough of them all. There wasn't a single team trader in all this years trading smth different, holding back from adding to loosers, averaging his way out and hoping that the market comes back to his entry.And we all know what was the outcome...

In all these 4y since I've been a subscriber, following all team traders you advertised (beside Kili TA )my results were disastrous, a profit of minus 15k Euros. If I add another 1K thanks SC's "mistake", that's a little fortune...I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to recover this amount following you traders and with my 9k account size, but I'd really love to see a trader trading patterns, or any other damn strategy where he just places a trade once in a while with TP targets at least double than the SLs
                                Reality is that , an exstremely small % who make money directly from trading ...The winners in trading selling cources offer monthly fee for some services ..

Comment

Working...
                                X