SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by finanzaonline View Post

I'm with SC since 1 year and it's not unusual that he doesn't trade for one or two weeks waiting for the right setup.
    Xinvestor is just a troll, this is very clear and you can see it reading all his post in this forum starting from is Subscription date.
    We are in good hands, Jay is a pro and he will get us out of this dd, whit the right timing.

In which post am I trolling in your opinion? Dont read my posts if you dont like the truth. I understand you are frustrated with your bad investment with SC and want to blame everyone but yourself for your own bad decision. But you cant go around calling people trolls if thats not true. At least provide some evidence.

Keep telling yourself you are in good hands if thats what helps you sleep at night. I get it, I would be lying to myself as well if I was in your shoes at this point;-)

Comment

• In the last few weeks the lowest risk trades have been in USDJPY. I caught a few but missed entry on some of my other orders. This week I saw more good trades than I took because I didn't like the higher risk with month end flows which sometimes can do funny things.

With GBPUSD I'm running out of patience for continuing to hold it. I felt there was a reasonable chance of another big move or development that would allow me to roll out favorably but if I don't see what I want to this coming week I'll dump it. I see no need to pay interest on the position for an extended time without good reason and I have no interest in my balance figures, equity is all that matters to me.

As things are going it is clear that the 2nd last week of March is where the biggest short term potential lies. There is a real keen interest in markets right now with possibilities for sizeable moves which makes certain types of forex trades riskier, but this has made excellent conditions for day trading. I'm seeing some of the best action I've seen in years in various day session markets. Certain things that have commonly been non-events in years past have garnered a lot more action recently and there is a lot of money flowing around in the daily tug of war. The general trends of better volumes, participation, ranges and price action are evident since the volatility spike in early February. On the 21st of March the new US Fed President Jerome Powell will head his first Fed rate decision. The market is already pricing in a lock on a 1/4 point rate hike but what is really compelling is that the amount of interest in the new President's vision for the path of future hikes and policy is high. Historically the first meeting of a new President always brings in extra interest and participation and this one should be no different. Especially in a year when 2-4 US rate hikes are possible which is more than any in a long time. This has made the bond and stock markets very very interested and sensitive to Fed Speak & Policy Meetings lately which in turn kicks up a lot more action in other markets as extra money is committing and flowing around.

I will be trading the live day session from just after 2pm EST to just before the close on March 21st using spot gold as the instrument of choice which has been moving very well lately and typically does better than average on US Fed Decision days. If action is really good it also improves the potential for normal forex trades later this month. Gold day trades on the 21st will be one at a time in and out with everything closed by the end of the session. No scaling in or out, each trade will be open and closed in one shot. Risk management will be different from normal forex trades in this account in that the stop will be very tight and I will use a jumping trailing stop with larger take profit levels. Even though the overall risk can be the same or lower than what you've been used to this will consequently mean that the average trade size will be much larger. I will be watching this market very closely every day to see what cues I can get which will help me to make the final decision on risk per trade on the day of. I will update you ahead of time here and likely speak to Nick once more before that day to let him know what I'm thinking going into the event.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
        In the last few weeks the lowest risk trades have been in USDJPY. I caught a few but missed entry on some of my other orders. This week I saw more good trades than I took because I didn't like the higher risk with month end flows which sometimes can do funny things.

With GBPUSD I'm running out of patience for continuing to hold it. I felt there was a reasonable chance of another big move or development that would allow me to roll out favorably but if I don't see what I want to this coming week I'll dump it. I see no need to pay interest on the position for an extended time without good reason and I have no interest in my balance figures, equity is all that matters to me.

As things are going it is clear that the 2nd last week of March is where the biggest short term potential lies. There is a real keen interest in markets right now with possibilities for sizeable moves which makes certain types of forex trades riskier, but this has made excellent conditions for day trading. I'm seeing some of the best action I've seen in years in various day session markets. Certain things that have commonly been non-events in years past have garnered a lot more action recently and there is a lot of money flowing around in the daily tug of war. The general trends of better volumes, participation, ranges and price action are evident since the volatility spike in early February. On the 21st of March the new US Fed President Jerome Powell will head his first Fed rate decision. The market is already pricing in a lock on a 1/4 point rate hike but what is really compelling is that the amount of interest in the new President's vision for the path of future hikes and policy is high. Historically the first meeting of a new President always brings in extra interest and participation and this one should be no different. Especially in a year when 2-4 US rate hikes are possible which is more than any in a long time. This has made the bond and stock markets very very interested and sensitive to Fed Speak & Policy Meetings lately which in turn kicks up a lot more action in other markets as extra money is committing and flowing around.

I will be trading the live day session from just after 2pm EST to just before the close on March 21st using spot gold as the instrument of choice which has been moving very well lately and typically does better than average on US Fed Decision days. If action is really good it also improves the potential for normal forex trades later this month. Gold day trades on the 21st will be one at a time in and out with everything closed by the end of the session. No scaling in or out, each trade will be open and closed in one shot. Risk management will be different from normal forex trades in this account in that the stop will be very tight and I will use a jumping trailing stop with larger take profit levels. Even though the overall risk can be the same or lower than what you've been used to this will consequently mean that the average trade size will be much larger. I will be watching this market very closely every day to see what cues I can get which will help me to make the final decision on risk per trade on the day of. I will update you ahead of time here and likely speak to Nick once more before that day to let him know what I'm thinking going into the event.
        It would be really sad to see another big loss from closing the gbusd trades. I'm no expert but the pair has been trending up for some time. Gbpusd is bullish based on fundamentals. If prices retrace back down close the sell trades and keep the long pairs until prices reaches new highs. This has been my view for a long time but i do not want to negatively affect Jay's trading and hopefully he recovers the loss in 2 to 3 months :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Popo7

It would be really sad to see another big loss from closing the gbusd trades. I'm no expert but the pair has been trending up for some time. Gbpusd is bullish based on fundamentals. If prices retrace back down close the sell trades and keep the long pairs until prices reaches new highs. This has been my view for a long time but i do not want to negatively affect Jay's trading and hopefully he recovers the loss in 2 to 3 months :/
          It really doesnt matter which leg of the hedge he closes first. Its all about equity.
          How do you know that once you close the short one, GBPUSD would turn up? Jay doesnt think that will happen.

You can do it on your own tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• So this is the new strategy? Trading once every 2 weeks and making extra 0.1% monthly. At this rate the account will recover in about 2 years. Investors must be really confident...

Comment

• yes. we are confident. but thanks for reminding us

Comment

• Good for you. I would be surprised if the account recovers within 2 years using current strategy. Are you sure you want to wait that long? I would not be willing to wait. The longer it drags on, the more value your investment is losing. Better invest with a more profitable strategy which has the same risk. There are much better options available even on this site.

I am surprised people stick to the same strategy when there are much better options at their disposal. I guess its a matter of pride at this point otherwise it doesnt make any sense.

Comment

• Because most of those "better" options last 1 or maybe 2 years and than disappear together with your money...

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                    Because most of those "better" options last 1 or maybe 2 years and than disappear together with your money...
                    Then you dont know how to evaluate trading systems, its that simple. I can show you 10 better systems than SC of 2+ years track record so I really dont know what you are basing your opinion on...

Comment

• Originally posted by Xinvestor View Post

Then you dont know how to evaluate trading systems, its that simple. I can show you 10 better systems than SC of 2+ years track record so I really dont know what you are basing your opinion on...
                      Please could you share the systems you have identified, I would be very interested in taking a look. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xinvestor View Post

You also said and I quote:

"Until now I havent found one signal or a PAMM account here which is good. Thales was great but its not available as a signal anymore, some others are solid but thats it..."

so it's really no point in wasting to much breath. You don't like anything and to an extent I agree with you but we can only deal with what's available here because Nick is not introducing new team traders. Some of us choose to stay with Steady for various reasons and it's up to him and his future trading if he wants to keep us subscribed/invested. So far I don't think he broke any of his rules so anybody that is acting surprised at the current situation should have planned for this because it was known from the start that it's a possibility. Many if not all of the other traders that I looked into or subscribed to have broken their rules and that's a lot more annoying. Actually, it's unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post

You also said and I quote:

"Until now I havent found one signal or a PAMM account here which is good. Thales was great but its not available as a signal anymore, some others are solid but thats it..."

so it's really no point in wasting to much breath. You don't like anything and to an extent I agree with you but we can only deal with what's available here because Nick is not introducing new team traders. Some of us choose to stay with Steady for various reasons and it's up to him and his future trading if he wants to keep us subscribed/invested. So far I don't think he broke any of his rules so anybody that is acting surprised at the current situation should have planned for this because it was known from the start that it's a possibility. Many if not all of the other traders that I looked into or subscribed to have broken their rules and that's a lot more annoying. Actually, it's unacceptable.
                          I agree with you. All I am saying is this is not the only website where you can find managers. Thats why I dont understand why people are so set to find good systems here when there are none and everyone with half a brain can see it. Why give your money to traders here when you have much better options available? Would you stay in a bad relationship just because you think the person is the only one available?

Come up with your set of rules ( e.g. no scalping, no grid or martingale, track record length....), go to myfxbook, take a few hours, do your research, contact managers and go from there. If any of your parameters are not respected, move on immediately. Also always talk to the manager before you invest, you want to get as much info as possible.

Comment

• Oh well, loss taken. Let's hope Jay's risk management has changed.

I wish Nick had a trader on here that does not average in. Risk management of this style of trading is poor.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Done and dusted. Not happy with the result here. I can only hope Jay learns from this. 2nd loss in 3 years isn't that bad but this dragged on for WAY TOO LONG and has impaired months of recovery. Cannot let that happen again as we have essentially wasted a year. Very disappointing and not enough was done to get us out of it. Can only move forwards and hope that Jay can actually start trading like a boss again and hasn't lost his nerve. 1 bad trade doesn't ruin 6 plus years of history in my book but I won't sit through that again. New equity highs in 3 months? Let's do it!

Comment

• i opened account on 5 nov 2017, my account went into profit with steady capture with 350 GBP, than he took fees as per high water mark .Than trader made sure that it must go in loss
                                and today he closed all trades in loss,i am in loss with initial money ,very sad trader i cant understand which strategy you are following.To cover this loss it will take 6 months .
                                hope you can understand our feeling today .

Comment

Working...
                                X