SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by finanzaonline View Post

It's not difficult to predict a drawdown. Bravo!!!
    Nothing's changed. SC will get new equity high.
    Too easy to come here and throw shit here and there. With the right amount of time SC will get new profits.

I didnt just predict the DD, I gave detailed predictions and explanations of whats coming. Go back and read my posts. If it was so easy to predictthis happening, why was I the only one and why was everyone attacking me and administrators banned me from posting? Can you explain that? At least try, I would really like to hear what explanation you will come up with

Best case scenario is the account will get back to equity highs in 24-30 months and even that is a very optimistic prediction if strategy stays the same.

This was/is a simple grid strategy hoping and holding the trades with bad money management. Current DD is 20% and average monthly profits 0.75%. That is ridiculous and its an embarassment for SC and ForexSignals. I dont understand how they had the nerve to offer this to their investors. It should have never been marketed.

Its funny how nobody from SC or ForexSignals is giving any updates, they are probably trying to come up with some bull**** excuse and promise of a new miraculous strategy which will be highly profirable all of the sudden.

They will try to tell you that what just happened is a part of trading and that its normal. That is actually true in part but the way it happened is problematic. It would be understandable if a 20% DD had happened with a monthly average of 5% or even 3% but at 0.75% monthly profit this is just silly.

What I am writing now is nothing new, I have said the same thing 4 months ago so its not some revisionist history. Hopefully now people will come to their senses, pull out and invest their money elsewhere.

Comment

We need to wait 21 of this month. Jay said this. Gold strategy works on live fed conference, so 7/8 times a year.
      ... and before trading we need the right planets alignment, good weather, comet in the sky, the full moon etc. etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by fxtradefx1 View Post

I didnt just predict the DD, I ...
        Bla bla bla.... all Pro trader with words here! Jay's statements are facts!
        Have a nice week end and bye bye

Comment

• Originally posted by toddys2k View Post

... and before trading we need the right planets alignment, good weather, comet in the sky, the full moon etc. etc.
          You dont understand my friend. Jay said they need to wait until 21st, then all will be good. If Jay said it then it must be true

Comment

• Originally posted by toddys2k View Post

Patience is the difference between amatour and pro trader

Comment

Bla bla bla.... all Pro trader with words here! Jay's statements are facts!
              Have a nice week end and bye bye
              Apparently you didnt read my posts. It seems you are too lazy to do it and that laziness just cost you money. If you did some research yourself, you wouldnt be in this situation now.

And the irony is that I didnt need to be a pro trader to predict in detail what is going on and whats about to happen. The trading was conducted by amateurs and now you see the results.

If you want to debate, we can do it but you arent capable of having a real discussion. You havent said anything except repeating what Jay said. Do you think its smart to still trust a guy with your money after what just happened?

And btw, patient pro trader just blew 20% of the account and is making a whopping 0.75% monthly. You are unbeliaveble my friend, really amazing.
              Are you familiar with Einsteins quote about 2 things that are infinite? You should look it up, it describes you perfectly.
              Last edited by fxtradefx1; 03-09-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

We need to wait 21 of this month. Jay said this. Gold strategy works on live fed conference, so 7/8 times a year.
                I hope he wont go all in there ...

Well, Jay has been trading well till this cable fcked up really. The risk reward ratio was absolutely ridicilous.

We need him to explain WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PLAN (Levels etc...) Or anyone from the FS. Is this really the way forward? 5 trades a month targeting 0.5% and risking 20%? Seriously?

Comment

And btw, patient pro trader just blew 20% of the account and is making a whopping 0.75% monthly. You are unbeliaveble my friend, really amazing.
                  Well, I have a strong suspicion that you don't really understand how this works. He blew 20% of his account but he IS making 0.75% monthly on average. It's a positive figure you see. And it includes that 20% loss. So it should be clear to you that he's not actually making 0.75% monthly and then going down 20%. He's making more monthly and then he goes down 20%. There's a difference and you're misrepresenting facts here.

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post

Well, I have a strong suspicion that you don't really understand how this works. He blew 20% of his account but he IS making 0.75% monthly on average. It's a positive figure you see. And it includes that 20% loss. So it should be clear to you that he's not actually making 0.75% monthly and then going down 20%. He's making more monthly and then he goes down 20%. There's a difference and you're misrepresenting facts here.

He has been making more than 0.75% before, it was about 1%. He is now making 0.75% on average. So how is he not making 0.75% on average? Is the loss not included in the overall performance? If thats your logic, I am the best trader in the world and as I can discard all my losses LOL

Anyway, this is beside the point. Even if he was making 2% on average, the results would still be terrible.

Amazing how some people are trying to find excuses to make themselves feel better. You keep telling yourself what you need to get you through the day. I am sure it will help you convince yourself that everyting is great and you will be a millionaire in no time

Comment

• I have always kept my mouth shut until now so that I don't offend anyone here including Nick and Jay. Nick seems to be a really nice guy and I think he is a genuine guy. But i think we have to to admit the performance isn't great. Perhaps this gold strategy will improve things we don't know.. maybe it's really hard for Nick to find good traders to represent his site otherwise he would have found them already?

Comment

• RISKING 20% TO MAKE 0.75%!!!! . Is that right?

If that's the case then this boat is sinking. Get out before it's too late.

Within a month he has wiped out 14 months of profits. That's just wreckless trading. No regard for risk management whatsoever.

If he is able to get back to equity highs by the end of this year then that would be one hell of an achievment.

However with his trading style I think the odds are stacked against him and I anticipate another crash.

Sad to say that SteadyCapture is another failure on the forexsignal list of traders.

Take your monies and run.

Last edited by Balboa; 03-09-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• As mentioned before it would be good to hear from the management team. In saying that it would be interesting to know what the "big" money in the USD 21 million fund are saying (as Idoubt very much "we" make up the bulk of that investment). Are they to disgruntled, what are their ideas going forward.....? Because as we have heard the markets are improving, volitility is improving but yet no capitalising of this. I dont envy J or the SC team with the current staus quo...............

Comment

He has been making more than 0.75% before, it was about 1%. He is now making 0.75% on average. So how is he not making 0.75% on average? Is the loss not included in the overall performance? If thats your logic, I am the best trader in the world and as I can discard all my losses LOL
                            He is making 0.75% on average and you indeed did not and don't understand. And you're supposed to be the smart one here.

Originally posted by Balboa View Post
                            RISKING 20% TO MAKE 0.75%!!!! . Is that right?

If that's the case then this boat is sinking. Get out before it's too late.
                            Not sure why you're so surprised. And some others. Max allowed DD was known from the start and in this line of business it's widely known that sooner or later you reach it. And 20% max DD for example is not just some imaginary never to be reached number somebody came up with one fine day drinking coffee. It means you lose 20% when it's reached. And it is reached and exceeded on a regular basis. To the credit of SteadyCapture it has to be said that his max DD% was not exceeded (so far). In other words - he is operating within agreed parameters and that counts for something in my book because every single trader I subscribed to in the past broke that rule.

Now about performance. It's not stellar. It's not. But the only guarantee you'll ever get is how much you can lose. And we're still some way to get there. Nobody guarantees performance. Not in FX.

Relax if you intend to stay, get your money out while you can if you intend to leave. And then we can debate future results at the end of the year when they are actually known and all of you guys that are leaving come back to check on those that stayed. It doesn't take a genius to predict another DD period. That always happens. What we're interested in is how much we can make and if the way it's made suits our own goals, efficiency standards and risk tolerance. He is making 0.75% monthly on average (recent losses included!).

Comment

• Originally posted by trizzard View Post
                              SC trader simply do not KNOW how to unhedge trades. So he choose to cut loss.

It's the end of Forex Signals if he does not recover the losses ASAP.

hedging is admission to having screwed up. it makes the initial position save, no more going into deeper dd.

but here is the problem, its a false sense of security, now you pay swaps every day and the real problem is when to release the hedge, its simply next to impossible to hit the timing right.

fx viper is in the same position for a very long time and so is goldstar i believe.

in vipers case he does not care, every trade he places he gets paid and goldstar as well, padding. so he still marches ahead albeit very slowly. and i am quite sure he will not release the hedge at once, he might take pieces here and there, thereby keeping the equity curve flat.

jay i feel strongly is still the better trader, but he made a booboo, we are human we all do.

but still the overall profits are measely considering the dd encountered along the way.

and seeing that lots of folks often increase their multiplier to increase their gains, not taking into account that the possible dd is also multiplied by a huge factor. often beyond the point of a viable recovery for the trading account.

so the key number to always keep in mind is gains to dd which equals the pain encountered along the way and is the simplest of all formulas to evaluate whatever system.

Comment

• Investors who had a loss of around 27% in Jan 2017 with Gold Star were advised to move to SC. Now with around 35% loss in Jan/Feb 2018 won't break even for years.
                                Last edited by House1; 03-09-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X