No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got all the losers and not the winner, that pretty much sums up the SC trades for me in the last few months. And one else catch the one good trade. ****ing spillage

Comment

• NICK and JAY, you better clarify the losses! This is from bad to worse. ForexSignals is time to close shop!

Comment

• I had it firmly disabled but checking his master account it seems like he did get a good long at the end. Overall then it's down 0,8% for the whole event. Can't remember without reading his comments but was this new strategy as described or not? I mean not considering the outcome obviously as that can never be guaranteed. Tight stops, position size as declared etc?

Comment

• Comment

• Position size was okay, risking ~1%/trade. But if you lose 3 trades in just minutes, the DD expands fast.

Comment

• Wow, this was crazy. And now back to sleep till next FOMC meeting, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by finanzaonline View Post

You are speaking too early. At end of the day you will eat the hat
                Sir, the game is over for the day. The loss is 4,7%

Comment

• Originally posted by primi
                  I had it firmly disabled but checking his master account it seems like he did get a good long at the end. Overall then it's down 0,8% for the whole event. Can't remember without reading his comments but was this new strategy as described or not? I mean not considering the outcome obviously as that can never be guaranteed. Tight stops, position size as declared etc?
                  he describe the sizing few hours before event.
                  SteadyCapture is over. Bad trading since november.
                  He expected 2% on this event. He made minus 0.8

Last edited by ste3fan; 03-21-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• If this was some kind of volatility breakout strategy then that's how it works really. And that's why I'm not very interested in those strategies. Not that they're bad but because you absolutely must catch all trades to catch those few winners that really go far. SFE works slightly differently I think with so many smaller trades but even that I don't really like much (and am not involved).

The problem here is the situation that we're in with the recent GU fiasco. And the expectations were really high but I feel that introduction of this new strategy was perhaps slightly rushed and certainly not presented properly. I'm a signal subscriber so I am at liberty to start/stop copying as I like and disable certain pairs if I want to and I took full advantage of that. Those with MAMs are not so lucky. Nobody saw any analysis concerning this new strategy. It should have been handled better in this regard.

This situation also shows that people are really not ready for tight stops. They bemoan poor risk reward and wide stops but the moment they are hit with the common reality of tight stops they freak out. Again, the recent GU fiasco just make the whole thing looking much worse than it really is. I mean, 0.8% loss is really not an issue at all. Or it shouldn't be. But we were completely in the dark about the strategy. How many losses does it take in a row normally. Or perhaps how many does it take for the trading to stop for the event? Nobody knows but Jay and Nick. And there are other considerations as well.

Comment

• Running SC on 1x, I lost 3.2% on one account and 4.1% on another.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by toddys2k View Post

Sir, the game is over for the day. The loss is 4,7%

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by taruh View Post
                          Running SC on 1x, I lost 3.2% on one account and 4.1% on another.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
                          That could be slippage. If stops are tight even small slippage can be a large percentage of the original stop. But not sure if all of it can just be slippage as it seems quite large for 1x risk. Can you check your SL level and closing price of your trades? That could shed some light.

Comment

• And indeed trading costs? I have no experience with gold trading so not sure about that. But Toddys2k, you're missing a ton of pips on your winning trade and you lost many more pips on your losing trades.

Comment

• This "new strategy" is made to fail. There is no room for error and because its trading in the middle of the event, there is always possibility of a large slippage. With events like this you take a small trade, position yourself well and limit the risk. If it hits the stop, you are done and wait for the next one. If not then you have a couple of % profit. This is how I understood the explanation but it looks like it was totally different. Just opening trades with no purpose and plan is not a strategy. This guy is a bull**** artist.

I have a feeling this might be "our" trader in a bit different setting

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunther View Post
                                Got all the losers and not the winner, that pretty much sums up the SC trades for me in the last few months. And one else catch the one good trade. ****ing spillage
                                I disabled SC after the 3 losses and missed out on the winning trade too. Just our luck I guess...

I think waiting several months at a time for one potential winning set up (which is also by no means guaranteed) would really turn people off, and as Gunther mentioned you could easily lose a lot if things go wrong.

I still appreciate the $18K SC has made for me since 2016, but I have decided to move on and will just stick to SFE PA and SFE NS from now on.

Comment

Working...
                                X