SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Mine wasn't either. It was rather "keep going with ForexSignals" or more generally just "keep going".

Originally posted by daileycon
      If I was Nick, I would steer away from these Managed Accounts. You paint yourself into a corner promoting them. I would focus on what works, simpletrader is a great service. Promote that more and the great systems within it. Just my opinion on what I might do but I don't really know how much Nick makes from these Managed accounts, maybe its worth the crashes.
      For once we're in agreement.

Comment

• very very interesting,

this is actually my view on things as well. boat car huge house etc i simply dont need all that, since i prefer to enjoy life to the fullest every day.

need to expand on that a little.

i had a friend with a million dollar house, a yacht which i called a ship since it was like 80 foot long. both were full time jobs to keep maintained, sure he had his people do the work, but his job was to pull all the strings, and it was pretty much taking up all his time, essentially a full time job. he was retired and very wealthy, but none or less who needs such headaches.

after seeing all this i became to realize that all our stinkin possessions weigh us down, they essentially own us and not the other way around. we are simply slaves to our stuff...........................

Comment

• Originally posted by daileycon
          If I was Nick, I would steer away from these Managed Accounts. You paint yourself into a corner promoting them. I would focus on what works, simpletrader is a great service. Promote that more and the great systems within it. Just my opinion on what I might do but I don't really know how much Nick makes from these Managed accounts, maybe its worth the crashes.
          Show me one great system within Simpletrader. There are none. There are a couple of solid ones but no good or even great ones.

Comment

• How does a solid system look like to you, and at what point it goes from solid to good or great?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Sorry guys, today I woke up to the very sobering news that we've just taken another hit...

I have asked Jay to stop trading and take a breather until we can work out a way to move forward. It certainly seems as though the strategy is falling off the rails and I don't want to subject our accounts to further risk.

Personally, I'm also down hundreds of thousands since the start of the year, so please believe me when I say I also feel the pain of these losses acutely.

I have a call booked with Jay over the weekend and will update everyone here with the result and our plan moving forward.

To everyone invested, please feel free to ask any questions and express your concerns here and I'll take them directly to Jay during the call.

I'd also like to politely ask that any backseat drivers without any skin in this strategy to please post your "I told you so's" on the other thread. It's important we have a line of communication with investors and that becomes difficult when the forum fills up with an endless debate loop about how we should have known better.

Thank you for your support up to this point and I'm sorry it's come to this after so many years.
              Any update?

Comment

• Im going to guess what the update will be. You cant tell from a few trades whether the strategy stopped working. You're going to need 4 months to tell if it really broke. Someone said it will make the investors guinea pigs but there is no other way. The only thing Jay can do is lower the leverage and see how the strategy performs. I personally dont think a few trades (ignore the leverage for a minute) is enough to say the strategy is no longer working. It is debatable, I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tame788 View Post
                  The only thing Jay can do is lower the leverage and see how the strategy performs.
                  You could also back test the new strategy ? I'm a big fan of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by toddys2k View Post

Who has invested a lot of money like me can only be confident in a recovery but the cruel reality suggests to me that it will never happen under these market conditions.

The market as it is evident has changed drastically in the last 2 years. Sometimes "meaningless" trends start in one direction with strong manipulation and against any technical and fundamental analysis.

If we are against one of these manipulations we are ruined. UsdJpy can go up without problems even at 120.00 without explanation and without major retracements.

Has anyone heard about "currencies wars"?

Here it is not about the skill of the trader ... the market does not forgive anyone. For this it is NEVER convenient to invest in grid or semi-grid strategies. The only possible strategy is intraday (or swing) trading with SL or it is better to leave the money under the mattress.

After all these years I was hoping you have understood it (see also Smart Scalper, Rayan the clown, Gold Star etc.).
                    I agree, finally someone saying something right, the market is hugely manipulated on a scale people are not aware of. If your trade setup is not right from the initial entry its best to cut the position short for a small loss, if your right on a trade, it is honestly just a matter of time normally in a space of 2 hours whether the trade was profitable. Besides this I believe if SteadyC was to test his strategy, I believe he should be removed from the panel (just my opinion) until he can perform like he used to, having 3 BIG losing months in regards to his 0.50% monthly gains is amateurish in my view. No one should invest their hard earned money in a system that has no performance or to do their due diligence on, it's not fair that everytime Jay has to modify his system and comes up with a new plan investors have to stomach the result of it without knowing the consequence. Grid systems dont work, we should know that by now!

I know Nick only has SC on a MAMM and its evident he is trying his best to keep the interest flowing but surely you cant keep on going like this. Lets hope new traders are on board for investors to have a look at and have a handful to choose from, I can assure you Nick there are many traders out there besides SC. otherwise thinkHuge would diminish soon and sack their staff or be paused until further notice. Thats sad and I would not want that happening. I know Nick is a good guy (a businessman is still a businessman) and I hope all the best for him
                    Last edited by Waleed121; 04-29-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westie View Post

You could also back test the new strategy ? I'm a big fan of that.
                      I have different views on back testing. I think it can be a waste of time because the market keeps changing so who said the new market will work with the strategy? It might be good for marketing but i dont think it really helps in making money.

Comment

• Hey guys,

I just got off a lengthy call with Jay. He's writing an open letter to all investors which I'll make available within the next 24hrs.

The nuts and the bolts of it are to do with the realisation that the strategy needs to adapt. The market is very different to when the strategy's framework was developed back in 2011.

No further trading will take place on his master account for at least another 2 weeks until everyone has had a chance to withdraw if they so desire.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Thanks for the update Nick

Comment

• Thanks for the update, Nick. I would like to thank you for your efforts over the years. I think it is time for me to say goodbye. These gridding/averaging in strategies keep wiping out my profits and I think now is the time to venture on to my next endeavour as I am yet to find one plan on forex signals that utilises gridding/averaging in that makes money long term.

I wish you all the best and good luck with your aspirations to make a million dollars from forex.

Yours sincerely,
                            Darren.
                            Last edited by dazz1975; 04-30-2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• I'm out too. I am still in profit, but only because of Viper. If I check custom date since November 2016 when Steady started trading MAM I'm down about 3% plus performance fees, so 1,5 years of trading and nothing to show for. Luckily I switched from Forex to crypto last year and I'm moe than happy with performance there. Much easier and much bigger profits can be made there.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Please view a copy of Jay's open letter to investors here:

For those that want to continue, I'll let you know once the new mandate/framework is in place before trading resumes.
                                Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X