No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about this? 6,5% DD and 21% profit.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Slightly worse, but still there. 6% DD and 12% profit.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I know this is irrelevant to SC but because some people mentioned fxviper, you should know that fx viper deleted all his systems from myfxbook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balboa View Post

I wouldn't invest in this guy and I am a successful trader. Listen to the wise guy. .

Arent you the same guy who was posting trading results based on a demo account 1 year ago ???????

Balboa defeats steadycapture , Viper fx on a demo account ???
          Last edited by MrMcmahon; 05-07-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcmahon View Post

Arent you the same guy who was posting trading results based on a demo account 1 year ago ???????

Yes, that's correct, the thread was called "Balboa steps into the ring" He stopped updating after some very poor results.

Comment

It's very correct. Wise guy indeed.

Wise guy definiton
              1. a wiseguy, a highly ranked individual in a crime family
              2. wiseguy, a smartass/Jackass

From the first moment Balboa popped his head up again I have essentially ignored it. Another jackass with an opinion and agenda and no proof. Laughable that the demo account guy is actually trying to GIVE ADVICE to a company and trader that has traded millions. Thing is I feel sorry for people that don't know his history. These days it's just too easy to get on a keyboard and outright slander people. Very misleading.

Back onto Jay and his trading. I look forward to seeing the update before I reserve any judgement. But put put this way a successful trader that has actually made it (like a proper gansta wise guy made it) has the grit and psychology to continue to be good. My thoughts are that Jay has been so successful and will have the determination and nous to be able to adapt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drcdp View Post

Yes, that's correct, the thread was called "Balboa steps into the ring" He stopped updating after some very poor results.
                Lol, I remember that as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Hey guys, an update from Jay:

Hey Nick,

I just wanted to let you know that I expect live trading to resume the week of
                  May14th 2018. I have all the new approaches and concepts outlined and many of the rules for the new trading mandate. I will give you a set of the updated account guidelines that you can give to the clients by that time.

Cheers

Jay
                  Most traders need month, or even years to develop a good strategy, and you do it in a couple of weeks, and you are confident that it'll work?
                  I have mixed feelings about this...

Comment

• Originally posted by Amadorian View Post

Most traders need month, or even years to develop a good strategy, and you do it in a couple of weeks, and you are confident that it'll work?
                    Where did you get that idea ???? If you are using discretionary system then yes but not for systematic models

Comment

• It's easy to make up some entry and exit rules, bur that doesn't make it a profitable strategy. A lot of backtesting and live testing is needed to see the real potential. Or else everyone would be a master trader after 2 weeks.

Comment

It's easy to make up some entry and exit rules, bur that doesn't make it a profitable strategy. A lot of backtesting and live testing is needed to see the real potential. Or else everyone would be a master trader after 2 weeks.
                        still gotta give the man a chance , he has been profitable for atleast 7+ years in public domain . zulu and forexsignals.com combined , few bad months doesnt makes him a bad trader . Happens to everyone
                        We all lost money but is there anyone more capable than him to make the recovery ??? i dont think so .

Last edited by MrMcmahon; 05-08-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

still gotta give the man a chance , he has been profitable for atleast 7+ years in public domain . zulu and forexsignals.com combined , few bad months doesnt makes him a bad trader . Happens to everyone
                          We all lost money but is there anyone more capable than him to make the recovery ??? i dont think so .
                          Do you even read before commenting? What did i say apart from being worried that the comeback comes too fast? It just feels rushed and kind of desperate to me.
                          I wish you all a fast recovery, but i truly don't believe that it will happen.

Comment

It's not an entirely new strategy, he's adapting what he already has and setting some different rules in place to reduce these long drawdowns as well as allowing winners to run longer.

If it was anyone else I'd be concerned, but Jay is the most diligent and professional trader I've ever worked with. I do honestly believe if anyone is going to salvage a trading career and dig clients out of this hole, it's him.

Despite all that's happened, he's still the only trader I trust with my money.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• From what i understood hes basically changing from a "wide stop, tight tp", to "tight stop, wide tp" strategy, right? I'd call this a completely new strategy.

Jay had a buy at the high, sell at the low approach most of the times. With tight stops, i don't see how this can work out. So he must've changed the entrys too.
                              And then there is this extra pressure, already being in a big DD, and now having more trades hit the SL.

But let's just wait and see.

Comment

From what i understood hes basically changing from a "wide stop, tight tp", to "tight stop, wide tp" strategy, right? I'd call this a completely new strategy.

Jay had a buy at the high, sell at the low approach most of the times. With tight stops, i don't see how this can work out. So he must've changed the entrys too.
                                And then there is this extra pressure, already being in a big DD, and now having more trades hit the SL.

But let's just wait and see.
                                If he has changed the approach to LARGER TPs and SMALLER SLs whereby the Reward:Risk ratio is greater then 2:1 then we are now seeing a transformation for the better.

But I still think that he should not be trading client funds until he has demonstrated that he can trade this strategy profitably for at least 6 months.

A strategy with high Reward:Risk ratio requires a very strong psychology as you could be losing around 50% to 60% of the times although the losses will be far smaller then the gains.

Comment

Working...
                                X