• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Averaging ~ Martingale
    2. Increasing volume = Martingale
    3. No SL at any trades = 100% DD
    4. Hedging = 100% DD

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Infinity DD = trading without SL = 100% DD finally
      Increasing volume without proportional increasing of balance = Martingale
      Z-Score = 99.9% ~ Martingale.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by whey View Post
        1. Averaging ~ Martingale
        2. Increasing volume = Martingale
        3. No SL at any trades = 100% DD
        4. Hedging = 100% DD
        1. Incorrect
        2. Incorrect
        3. Correct, however his trades all have a stop on them, so this doesn't apply to SteadyCapture.
        4. Incorrect
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Whatever you call it. This is signs of unprofitable strategy and in most cases dangerous. You experienced all those issues more than 5 years with many traders.
          Last edited by whey; 04-16-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whey View Post
            Whatever you call it. This is signs of unprofitable strategy and in most cases dangerous. You experienced all those issues more than 5 years with many traders.
            We sure have.

Over the past 5 years we've found more strategies that don't work than most, which places us in good stead to identify those that do.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

You guys should give Nick a break, okay he runs a business and we are all here to make money, its not like he gets a good call or feeling running a business that for instance Steady has hit a bump or 2... No one has forced you to invest. Just saying. If you think the strategy isnt good, dont invest, just watch it for your own sake and see whether you was right or wrong in the end. End of.

Comment

Alot of times trading strategy will not work once market conditions changes, this is especially true on the bigger picture from the global shift of money, such as monetary policy and so on.

As much as trading are done technically, the bigger picture are mostly driven by fundamental aspects and key economic indicators such as interest rates, qe, inflations and so on.

I think traders or investors should have know that all mechanical or manual trading strategy has its flaws and requires an upgrade to fit onto the existing market's motions.

I saw the steadycapture losses are much attributed only the last few months when GBP and other pairs strengthened too quickly..

I give an example..

After eurchf drop to 0.90 level, the overall trend is actually back up but took 3 years to reach back this level at 1.2

It's like when fxviper choose to scalp at 1.03 level that was his mistake and had caused him a 10% hedging loss and unable to function back to his own self due to bigger than expected dd.

Just like every strategy, if it don't have a good edge of cutting loss early or less than 100 pips, the overall portfolio maybe biased in the wrong direction. When it's on the right direction, everyone is happy but once it is wrong. it suffers.

And no matter how many years of trading records they all happen. Either u end up earlier or seriously, have to scale it out over-time.. Emotions can be really hard especially managing for other people's money.

I guess SC already knew that, every experienced trader knows the downside of their own strategy and system. But now, he's making recovery, then leave him be.

The investor are willing parties, so be it.. And over the years, all strategies have flopped over-time but of course there are times it makes money. Question is don't tank when it's not working anymore.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

1. Incorrect
                  2. Incorrect
                  3. Correct, however his trades all have a stop on them, so this doesn't apply to SteadyCapture.
                  4. Incorrect
                  I must say, this looks like averaging to me average.PNG

Comment

Can you define "averaging" so that we get on the same page to start with?

Comment

Not closing loosing trades, but instead add positions in the same direction as long as the markets goes against you, even though it's no longer a correction but a trend running against you.

Comment

Is it important how and when individual trades are closed?

Comment

You know what they say,

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"

It is the very definition of averaging.

Comment

Mammalogy is a different field of science

Comment

The same hedging strategy keeps going on again selling many positions and hedging I am afraid this is going out of hand again. If the same happens I am definitaly out.

Comment

One hedge is opened; another loss is coming.... bye bye monthly profits (sh....)

Comment

Working...
                                X