Ceasar2 signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 8fold View Post
    ... Tomas sees this, implements it as a default closing method for all his hosted accounts and ...
    He does that already. Caesar defines one point in time to close the whole basket. Ask Tomas if you don't believe.

It is not the target to get better fills than the master, target is to get as close as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillT View Post
      I appreciate what you are saying - but you think its our responsibility to effectively adapt Tomas' strategy? Because by this - you are changing his strategy as if he doesn't close the entire basket, then you will have done.

I am wary about offering the ability to change a signal providers strategy as frankly I don't think thats for us to do.
      And I appreciate what you are saying :] That is a clear point of view and I like that.
      And it is now clear for me what to do: looking for own alternatives to handle these baskets.

Comment

• I think in honesty if you want to succeed at this you would be better developing something like FxPhil and not releasing it publically.

As soon as the masses get the same fills - we will see the exact same issue as before. If there was a way to fix this slippage, I'd be all over it - as then I could help Tomas grow the get 1000's of subscribers, but its just impossible.

Comment

I think in honesty if you want to succeed at this you would be better developing something like FxPhil and not releasing it publically.

As soon as the masses get the same fills - we will see the exact same issue as before. If there was a way to fix this slippage, I'd be all over it - as then I could help Tomas grow the get 1000's of subscribers, but its just impossible.
          You are correct I should not be saying anything but that is not my nature.

There are many issues that can causes slippage as measured against the master close prices and time:

1) Liquidity slippage caused by we all close at the same time and our various brokers liquidity providers can't handle the volume, which has not yet been demonstrated to be causing an issue.

2) Different price feed and spread caused by client brokers not having the exact price feed and spread as does ICMarkets. This dual effect will happen all the time if your broker is not ICMarkets. Only way to fix this is to use ICMarkets as your broker.

3) MT4 time slippage due to normal single trade close at a time architecture. This is fixed by the system I developed.

4) Broker time slippage caused by the brokers servers taking too long to do the closes and the price naturally moves away due to the added close time.

5) Trade copier time slippage as in 4 above.

Attached are my solution to issue 3. Note this will close ALL trades very shortly after the signal provider closes the 1st trade. This system uses a Master EA to detect the 1st trade close. It then scans through the list of open trades and assigns individual ticket numbers to each of 8 slave EAs. If there are more than 8 trades to close, the master waits until a slave is finished and gives it another ticket number to close. Needs 1 chart for the master and 8 charts for each of the 8 slaves. When you attach the slave EA to a chart, you need to set the slave number in the input tab to Slave1 thru Slave8. Ticket numbers are send to the slaves via GlobalVariables which you can check to see there are globals for Slave1 thru Slave8 with value of 0. Slave and Master run every 50msec or 20 times a second to check for trades to close.

This process can get messy as the signal copier is also trying to close trades that have already been closed. Expect to see a few error messages in the logs. End result is very rapid closing of Caesar2 baskets.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by FxPhil; 10-02-2014, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Thanks FxPhil for all your help with trying to handle this slippage problem with Caesar2 signal.

Kevin

Comment

you are changing his strategy as if he doesn't close the entire basket, then you will have done.
              Very important to remember this thanks for reminding Will. In difficult or unusual situations with a large basket this can happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by FxPhil View Post

There are many issues that can causes slippage as measured against the master close prices and time:

1) Liquidity slippage caused by we all close at the same time and our various brokers liquidity providers can't handle the volume, which has not yet been demonstrated to be causing an issue.

2) Different price feed and spread caused by client brokers not having the exact price feed and spread as does ICMarkets. This dual effect will happen all the time if your broker is not ICMarkets. Only way to fix this is to use ICMarkets as your broker.

3) MT4 time slippage due to normal single trade close at a time architecture. This is fixed by the system I developed.

4) Broker time slippage caused by the brokers servers taking too long to do the closes and the price naturally moves away due to the added close time.

Attached are my solution to issue 3. Note this will close ALL trades very shortly after the signal provider closes the 1st trade. This system uses a Master EA to detect the 1st trade close. It then scans through the list of open trades and assigns individual ticket numbers to each of 8 slave EAs. If there are more than 8 trades to close, the master waits until a slave is finished and gives it another ticket number to close. Needs 1 chart for the master and 8 charts for each of the 8 slaves. When you attach the slave EA to a chart, you need to set the slave number in the input tab to Slave1 thru Slave8. Ticket numbers are send to the slaves via GlobalVariables which you can check to see there are globals for Slave1 thru Slave8 with value of 0. Slave and Master run every 50msec or 20 times a second to check for trades to close.

This process can get messy as the signal copier is also trying to close trades that have already been closed. Expect to see a few error messages in the logs. End result is very rapid closing of Caesar2 baskets.
                Thanks Phil!

Are you going to look at including the comments filter we talked about?

Comment

• Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                  Thanks Phil!

Are you going to look at including the comments filter we talked about?
                  Is coded. Need to test.

Comment

• Originally posted by FxPhil View Post

Hi FXPhil just to clarify if you use the basket close will it close all trades that are open on your MT4 account or just the caesar 2 trades. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by fabx View Post
                      Hi FXPhil just to clarify if you use the basket close will it close all trades that are open on your MT4 account or just the caesar 2 trades. Thanks
                      Setting it up with both an exclude (do not close this trade) and include (close this trade) text string for the trade comment.

Comment

• Hi Phil,
                        should we only change/set the "ver2" variable to "slave1" (for the first slave) and leave the "GVName" at "slavex", or should it also be changed/set to "slave1"?
                        slave_settings.jpg
                        Last edited by signalfollower; 10-03-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Thanks Phil,

Will wait for the version with comment filter then.

Comment

• Shit. Horrible day! Basket closed because it hit my maximal drawdown of 15% (set in ST). I lost double of all the profit, that I have made ever with ceasar2 (last 2 month).
                            Last edited by signalfollower; 10-03-2014, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by signalfollower View Post
                              Shit. Horrible day! Basket closed because it hit my maximal drawdown of 15% (set in ST). I lost all the Profit and many more, that I have made ever with ceasar2 (last 2 month).
                              15% is way too low. Cesar stops at 33%.

Comment

• Originally posted by signalfollower View Post
                                Shit. Horrible day! Basket closed because it hit my maximal drawdown of 15% (set in ST). I lost double of all the profit, that I have made ever with ceasar2 (last 2 month).
                                I completely agree. You're nuts to set it at 15% - throwing your money away.

Comment

Working...
                                X