It means that the proportional lot sizes will be double the master account, which in turn results in the performance being amplified by a factor of 2x. So if the master account generates a return of 5%, you'll make 10% (before fees), conversely the drawdown are also doubles in proportion.
Guide on how to invest with FX Viper Strategy for Australian Clients
FX Viper Strategy Statistics
Total Gross Growth Since Inception
Strategy Inception Date
Compounded Annual Growth Rate
Maximum Historic Drawdown
Rippa! You’ve made a bloody good choice by investing with FX Viper.
As an Aussie, you’re bound by ASIC regulation and will need to join a managed account with our regulated sister company - Think Huge Investments. With our head office in Sydney, we have developed a compliant structure to support the hundreds of other Australians who have invested millions of dollars with FX Viper since our inception in 2012. Most of our investors are just like you, the only difference being that they’re actively building wealth for themselves and their families by investing with FX Viper and changing their lives for the better.
So what's a managed account?
By participating in the managed account you are effectively allocating capital to FX Viper to trade on your behalf. We then split the profits generated on a 30/70 basis (you keep 70%). There are no entry or exit fees and the funds remain in your name at our regulated executing broker, AxiTrader.
How much does it cost?
We only charge a 30% performance fee on a highwatermark basis. There is no management fee, broker markup, entry or exit fee. You are only charged a fee if you actually make money. The high watermark calculation creates a scenario where you are charged a performance fee once your balance has exceeded the previous highest point. For example:
|Date||1st of Jan||1st of Feb||1st of Mar||1st of Apr|
|Net Asset Value (NAV)||$100,000||$110,000||$105,000||$117,000|
|Profit / Loss||-||$10,000||-$2,000||$12,000|
|NAV After Performance Fee||$100,000||$107,000||$105,000||$114,000|
The above example uses the accounts equity amount, not the balance.
How does it work?
Once you've made the decision to invest in the managed account all you need to do is fill out the relevant application forms, sign a limited power of attorney (LPOA) allowing us to trade on your behalf and fund your account. You will then receive a daily statement via email with details on your accounts trading activity.
Here’s how do you get started:
We offer managed accounts at AxiTrader through our ASIC regulated sister company Think Huge Investments Pty Ltd.
- FX Viper risk multiplier: 2x (this means that the managed account multiplies the proportionate lot size of the master account by a factor of 2. This has the effect of doubling the returns and the potential risks)
- Brokerage fee: $3.75 per lot round turn (this is the unavoidable charge placed on us by the broker for executing your trade in the market)
- Performance fee: 30% on a high watermark basis
- Denomination options: AUD, USD, GBP
- Minimum investment: $10,000
Due to Think Huge Investments being regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) to provide managed discretionary accounts, the application process is a fairly detailed to ensure that all investors are aware of the potential risks involved. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to complete and can all be done online.
- Start your application process by clicking here, and selecting the associated denomination at the bottom of the page, then click "proceed".
- Once the application form is complete you will be emailed confirmation and asked to complete a questionnaire to determine your suitability. Rest assured all information given is secure, it's designed to ensure clients have a basic understanding of forex/derivatives and that they fit the profile of an "aggressive" investor.
- Once the questionnaire is complete we send the information to our external compliance team (HLK Group Pty Ltd) for processing.
- An AxiTrader account opening link is then emailed to you that includes an online LPOA for you to complete.
- Once you're approved and your account funded all you need to do is sign the Authority to Proceed and you'll be connected and start receiving trades. The entire process normally only takes 24hrs to complete.
Frequently asked questions from clients:
- What does 2x Risk mean?
- How can I track my investment?
The broker will send you a daily email with detailed activity and the performance of your account, you are also given read only access to the trading account for up to 15mins at a time so you can monitor the positions in real time.
- Are there any upfront fees?
No, there are no entry or exit fees on our managed accounts.
- Can I withdraw my funds at any time?
Yes, you can withdrawal your funds at any time you need.
- Do I have to install software or run a VPS?
No, there is nothing to install or monitor. Once the account is opened the process of monitoring your investment is completely passive.
- Can I trade the account myself as well?
No, once you assign your sub account to the MAM you won't have access to trade the funds yourself. You would need to open a separate account not tied to the MAM if you wanted to trade manually.
Got more questions about Managed Accounts?