X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pearcey2
    replied
    Originally posted by idempotent View Post
    That's only a profit model if the subscriber accounts are opened with TQforex (or anyone) as the IB. The FXBlue copying technology is completely independent of where the account is operating.

As far as I can tell, TQforex gains nothing financially from this little exercise at this point. From our point of view as potential subscribers, with about 10 minutes worth of work you can get trades rolling into your demo account (or live if you really want) for some period of time. Perfect! No better way to do zero-cost due diligence.

I'm riding this for all it's worth. If the trades stack up to my risk profile, I'll go live, but I am in no rush.
    You're right I assumed it was more like the myfxbook autotrade
    Looks like I may have got a little over excited on this one. I'll be keeping an eye on it

Leave a comment:

• idempotent
    replied
    Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
    my guess is the spread is marked up or the latency is so slow that slippage becomes noticable
    That's only a profit model if the subscriber accounts are opened with TQforex (or anyone) as the IB. The FXBlue copying technology is completely independent of where the account is operating.

As far as I can tell, TQforex gains nothing financially from this little exercise at this point. From our point of view as potential subscribers, with about 10 minutes worth of work you can get trades rolling into your demo account (or live if you really want) for some period of time. Perfect! No better way to do zero-cost due diligence.

I'm riding this for all it's worth. If the trades stack up to my risk profile, I'll go live, but I am in no rush.

Leave a comment:

• tqforex
    replied
    I think trends are realigning. I was watching the algo screen and a host of messages are being displayed on how for all 11 symbols, trends are flattening. I guess that is why positions have been flattened out.

The other feature in the algo is the fact that it only trades during specific hours of a day. There are 11 pairs being traded and each pair has a specific hour of the day when its trend is recognized. Only during those hours, will entry be honored. Normally this may be 1 hour after London opening or 1 hour after london closing. Each pair has its time. That I believe is innovative for forex trading as I have never seen that being used anywhere else yet. Its quite amazing that this concept is not yet developed as an indicator on retail platform whereas many large clients of ours always use this feature about "time of day" concept. It works quite well. Another example is AUD trades between 030000 and 050000 has a very chance of being stopped out no matter which way you trade it.

Leave a comment:

• tqforex
    replied
    Originally posted by Davide24 View Post
    I had the chance to be one of the earlier adopters of this system..the copier is working fine although I hope Gabby will go with Simpletrader as I'm sure he can get a ton of subscribers here (I'm also a simpletrader client by the way)
    I get the same trades and the very same profitability as displayed in myfxbook (I already asked Gabby to get it verified)
    This system performs extremely well whenever it detects an aggressive price action so it amazingly catches the movers of the day...what also impressed me is the very contained DD in choppy markets (adverse conditions to trend systems)
    I strongly encourage you to try it!
    Thanks David. Yes the plan is to use Simpletrader when we have decent number of subs. I dont think there is a competition to simpletrader right now. Its the best. But leaving aside the copier talk, this week was amazing for trend catchers. I made some decent money with TQForex as well as I normally dont trade too much but given yesterday FOMC, i personally put some money to trade as well on TQForex Auto with my smallish personal account. I normally dont trade given I dont have too much money anyways and secondly its difficult to trade and manage subscriptions all the while having a day job where I am a programmer. Lets hope all this trends continue which ever way it wants trend.

Leave a comment:

• BMM
    replied
    Why this free service is on simpletrader's forum without showing any interest to use simpletrader as copier?

Moderators are really permissive in this case

PS ...and with a not verified myfx account
    Last edited by BMM; 11-20-2014, 11:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Davide24
    replied
    I had the chance to be one of the earlier adopters of this system..the copier is working fine although I hope Gabby will go with Simpletrader as I'm sure he can get a ton of subscribers here (I'm also a simpletrader client by the way)
    I get the same trades and the very same profitability as displayed in myfxbook (I already asked Gabby to get it verified)
    This system performs extremely well whenever it detects an aggressive price action so it amazingly catches the movers of the day...what also impressed me is the very contained DD in choppy markets (adverse conditions to trend systems)
    I strongly encourage you to try it!

Leave a comment:

• tqforex
    replied
    USDJPY trade closed @ 118.87.

This trade will give a glimpse into what tqforex is doing.

USDJPY was longed at 117.97. The target one was 118.51 and target 2 was 118.98. Target 1 was hit clean. But Target 2 was missed because feed highs was 118.977. So 118.98 was missed by a whisker. The stop management algo kicked in immediately and moved stops to 118.87. Thus no way was the broker going to have the last laugh in missing a 100 pips winner by a whisker. The trade was closed at trail stop at 118.87 about 11 pips below original target and yet 90 pips winners. This is one feature of the system where trail stops move dynamically so as not to miss big winners by a few pips.

Leave a comment:

• tqforex
    replied
    In my mind anything that offers the same service (eg signal copying) is a competitor

And you say free but my guess is the spread is marked up or the latency is so slow that slippage becomes noticable
    Oh Ok. I didnt think about it.

Moderator, please respond if this is an issue if we use the free fxblue copier for now ? I didnt intend in any way to use a competitor product. I believe simpletraer is a good copier and fxblue copier will in no way create a dent in simple trader members. Simpletrader has far more features and also the fact that so many good traders like viper and others are on it. The only reason we used was it was free and we didnt have a large number of subs to take the effort to put it on a paid copier.

On slippages etc, it is possible. Those are risks. But these risks will exist with paid as well imo to some extend.

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    Originally posted by tqforex View Post
    Its got nothing to do with competition. I didnt even know fxblue was competing with this site. Arent they completely different? The copier is free so using it. No other reason. A copier is not such a great technology. All it does is copy signals and fxblue free version is doing a good job. So no great technology behind it. B ut if the number of subs rise to a high number then we need to use simpletrader or something that is paid.
    In my mind anything that offers the same service (eg signal copying) is a competitor

And you say free but my guess is the spread is marked up or the latency is so slow that slippage becomes noticable

Leave a comment:

• tqforex
    replied
    This how a copier works:
    - Code will cppy MT4 orders and copy them to a common location (file or mysql)
    - Receiver will ping the DB or file for new orders almost every second
    - If new orders, then match price and other filter and open them on receiver MT4.

Frankly this is a very simple thing to do. Fxblue is giving it free because its easy and hardly any server is consumed if the number of subs are low. I have used fxblue quite a bit and they work as well as any copier in the market.

Leave a comment:

• tqforex
    replied
    Sorry I prefer to use this copier since its the most reliable copier I've come across and gives me complete control over my subscription

I also find it quite surprising that you would choose a competitors website/forum to promote your product. I'm also surprised you find no issue with this...
    Its got nothing to do with competition. I didnt even know fxblue was competing with this site. Arent they completely different? The copier is free so using it. No other reason. A copier is not such a great technology. All it does is copy signals and fxblue free version is doing a good job. So no great technology behind it. B ut if the number of subs rise to a high number then we need to use simpletrader or something that is paid.

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    instructions above. Its free. need to send us the fxblue id to email funds@tqforex.com. Follow the step by step instructions above in one of the post and it will work. Many have started using it so its working if am not wrong. No separate subscriptions etc.
    Sorry I prefer to use this copier since its the most reliable copier I've come across and gives me complete control over my subscription

I also find it quite surprising that you would choose a competitors website/forum to promote your product. I'm also surprised you find no issue with this...

Leave a comment:

• tqforex
    replied
    Excellent! So how do I subscribe through the site where you decided to promote your product?
    instructions above. Its free. need to send us the fxblue id to email funds@tqforex.com. Follow the step by step instructions above in one of the post and it will work. Many have started using it so its working if am not wrong. No separate subscriptions etc.

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    The last two days were any trend system wet dream. But even a ood system will end making 5 to7% over the last 2 days. To convert a normal trend system to TQforex system with the ability to make large winners when a trend picks up, you need multi position strategy with stop management system separately managing each positions. See it crosses 15 % return in the last 2 days which is the advantage of multi poisiton trend strategy. It converts a 5% trend into 15% return.

Stop management is what retail traders need to work on. But 99 % of traders focus on getting the entry right and keeping a high win rate etc. But having stop management algorithm will perform very well in all markets. Pay attention to how you manage stops and you will be a successful trader. Ignore stops and you will only have headaches.
    Excellent! So how do I subscribe through the site where you decided to promote your product?

Leave a comment:

• tqforex
    replied
    Looks very interesting I look forward to having a good look once it's connected to ConnectForex.com
    The last two days were any trend system wet dream. But even a ood system will end making 5 to7% over the last 2 days. To convert a normal trend system to TQforex system with the ability to make large winners when a trend picks up, you need multi position strategy with stop management system separately managing each positions. See it crosses 15 % return in the last 2 days which is the advantage of multi poisiton trend strategy. It converts a 5% trend into 15% return.

Stop management is what retail traders need to work on. But 99 % of traders focus on getting the entry right and keeping a high win rate etc. But having stop management algorithm will perform very well in all markets. Pay attention to how you manage stops and you will be a successful trader. Ignore stops and you will only have headaches.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X