Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oportunis
    replied
    Yes it could go higher, but not at his TP level. So I am just closing them at small profit. The rally already happened and since I think FOMC was good and even September hike is on the table I think EU will go down and break Brexit lows, so that is why I'm closing trades. If it goes more up I will lose some of profit, but better to have small profit than get hit on SL.

Leave a comment:

• Vidster
    replied
    It could continue higher but probability is not that large in my opinion. My intention was to expose the issue I have seen over the past few months. We need giant news for this type of trades (late entry)

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    Yes I also think EU will go down, that is why I closed all at small profit, but I see trades are opening again, so once at BE I will close them.
    Last edited by oportunis; 07-27-2016, 07:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vidster
    replied
    This kind of euro trading can't work if news isn't spectacularly good/bad. Such an FOMC event only causes bad entries and will probably stop us out sooner rather than later.

Leave a comment:

• Mike O
    replied
    Originally posted by ales View Post
    Every pair is risky... the problem we have is the bad risk rewarding ratio. You can risk 200 pips but you gotta adjust your size accordingly to avoid risking months profits in one single trade...
    so saying that you are looking for pairs with better r:r ratio is really nonsense.

risk:reward ratio alone is meaningless without considering the probability of a trade. A high risk:reward ratio does make sense if the probability of the trade is high.

expected return = (probability of win) * reward + (probability of loss) * risk. Historically the pairs that Sam have selected have a good return accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• TitanTrader
    replied
    Now I have adjusted my accounts and diversified all my accounts. I have three signals at simpletrader.net

1. Scalpinghero trades all my asian pairs , all my asian session arsenal in one account. 1% risk per 100 pips.

2. AtlasFX trades the same principle as titantrader but different pairs and have more filters to prevent bad entry.

3. My titan account where we have had big DD severel of months. Made some changes and now the asian trading is more comfortable.

Cheers

Sam
    Last edited by TitanTrader; 07-27-2016, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TitanTrader
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunther View Post
    What if you keep the eurusd trades as they are and make the changes you have mentioned above. As far as I can see the main issue with the DD are the Asia trades not the EURUsD trades. Just a thought but I'll go with what you think is best
    Note that the changes will not affect the Eurusd trades! I'm confident with the changes I have made now but keep in mind that the profits will not be the same as before because of less pairs equal less risks equals less profit.

Leave a comment:

• ales
    replied
    Every pair is risky... the problem we have is the bad risk rewarding ratio. You can risk 200 pips but you gotta adjust your size accordingly to avoid risking months profits in one single trade...

so saying that you are looking for pairs with better r:r ratio is really nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ales; 07-27-2016, 05:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gunther
    replied
    What if you keep the eurusd trades as they are and make the changes you have mentioned above. As far as I can see the main issue with the DD are the Asia trades not the EURUsD trades. Just a thought but I'll go with what you think is best

Leave a comment:

• trytry
    replied
    Sounds like a plan. Getting rid of the risky pairs is a good idea, I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• freddy250
    replied
    Thanks for the update.

Will you keep the US session euro dollar trading the same as before?

Leave a comment:

• TitanTrader
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vidster
    replied
    Originally posted by TitanTrader
    Hello,

I will look into this DD and see what I can do. I will make changes.

Sorry for the losses this month, I will do my best to recover to small loss this month.

Regards,

Sam
    Thanks for having this as your top priority. However, please do not do anything stupid such as trying to recover the loss with one trade or something similar. This usually make things worse or a lot worse.

We'll be patient as this loss is still not life threatening or anything.
    Just make some changes please. Especially regarding R:R as many others said before.

Leave a comment:

• Mike O
    replied
    Originally posted by Vidster View Post

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to be rude or anything. I am just just pissed off a bit when one is searching for excuses in market conditions.

No problem. I know how frustrating this shit is.

Leave a comment:

• Vidster
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike O

You still don't quite get it. 80% loss is strong evidence of crap risk management, so the answer is definitely NO. But even a historically winning strategy can never guarantee that there won't be losing trades. There will always be losers. The stop loss for Titan has always been around 2.5%. It has just been lucky that it was not hit often. But due to randomness, you will eventually get several of those SL hits within a short time frame. It's pretty much guaranteed by randomness to happen at some stage. By the way, the current drawdown for Titan is normal. Look at August and September 2015.
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to be rude or anything. I am just just pissed off a bit when one is searching for excuses in market conditions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X