Pivot point calculator
Not sure how to find Pivot Points on your chart? Use our advanced Pivot Point Calculator and find the significant support and resistance levels in a matter of seconds.Go to calculator
How does the pivot calculator work?
First, traders can select from five different Pivot Point calculation methods: Floor, Woodie, Camarilla, Tom De Mark's and Fibonacci.
The difference between these methods is the number of levels considered and displayed:
For instance, let us calculate pivot points for GBP/USD for the next trading session using the Standard (Floor) method and adding the previous period's data.
High price: Here we will type in the highest price that the GBP/USD pair reached on the previous trading session, for example, 1.30452.
Low price: Now, we will type in the lowest price that the GBP/USD pair reached on the previous trading session, for example, 1.24651.
Open price: Here, we type in the closing price for the GBP/USD pair on the previous trading session, for example, 1.25255.
Close price: Finally, we type in the closing price for the GBP/USD pair on the previous trading session, for example, 1.26254.
* This is an educational tool and results should not be construed as investment advice.
Understanding Pivot Points
The floor Pivot Points, also known as Classical Pivots and are the most basic and popular type of pivots used in Forex. These floor Pivots are price-based support and resistance levels and are calculated using a prior period's high, low, and close prices.
R1 = (2 x Pivot Point) - Low (previous day)
S1 = (2 x Pivot Point) - High (previous day)
R2 = Pivot Point + (R1 - S1)
S2 = Pivot Point - (R1 - S1)
R3 = Pivot Point + (R2 - S2)
S3 = Pivot Point - (R2 - S2)
Woodie's Pivot Points are a unique type of Pivot Points made up of multiple key levels and calculated from past price points, in order to frame trades in a simplistic manner.
They vary from the floor pivots in a way they are calculated as they give more weight to the Close price of the previous period.
R1 = 2 x Pivot Point - Low (previous day)
S1 = 2 x Pivot Point - High (previous day)
R2 = Pivot Point + High (previous day) - Low (previous day)
S2 = Pivot Point - High (previous day) + Low (previous day)
R3 = High (previous day) + 2 x [Pivot Point - Low (previous day)]
S3 = Low (previous day) - 2 x [High (previous day) - Pivot Point]
R4 = R3 + High (previous day) - Low (previous day)
S4 = S3 - High (previous day) + Low (previous day)
Camarilla Pivot Points is a versatile pivot point indicator that comprises eight profitable levels which resemble support and resistance values for a current trend. These support points serve as a great indicator and are super popular as they help traders to set the right stop loss and profit target orders.
R1 = Close (previous day) + [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/12
S1 = Close (previous day) - [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/12
R2 = Close (previous day) + [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/6
S2 = Close (previous day) - [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/6
R3 = Close (previous day) + [(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/4
S3 = Close (previous day) - [(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/4
R4 = Close (previous day) + [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/2
S4 = Close (previous day) - [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/2
Another popular method of calculating pivot points to forecast the future of the trend is Tom DeMark's Pivot Points, which are not pivot points exactly but are the predicted lows and highs of the period.
If Close > Open: X = 2 x H + L + C
If Close = Open: X = H + L + 2 x C
R1 = X / 2 - L
S1 = X / 2 - H
Fibonacci Pivot Points work as one of the most popular types of forex indicators used to find support and resistance. It works by calculating the pivot points starting with a base one and using the Fibonacci series of numbers. The most popular levels monitored by the traders are the 38.2% and the 61.8% retracement levels.
Resistance 1 = Pivot Point + ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 0.382)
Support 1 = Pivot Point - ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 0.382)
Resistance 2 = Pivot Point + ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 0.618)
Support 2 = Pivot Point - ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 0.618)
Resistance 3 = Pivot Point + ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.000)
Support 3 = Pivot Point - ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.000)
Why are Pivot Points important?
Pivot Points are considered to be one of the leading indicators to traders due to their predictive qualities. They serve as an indicator of the overall market trend and help traders determine how prices could potentially turn.
This is extremely important as the price fluctuations are the backbone of Forex and essentially trigger one's buy or sell decision.
There are no rules as to what kind of trader uses the Pivot Point system. In fact, we say pivot points for all as understanding the Pivot Point analysis is undeniably a valuable addition to your trading toolbox.
Use Forex Signals tools for more in-depth analysis
Our economic calendar showcases relevant events to help you trade these markets too.
Lot Size Calculator
Calculate the correct lot size for your trade depending on your risk appetite. Enter your entry price and check your risk tolerance.
Use our profit calculator to calculate the possible profit from a trade you are considering taking.
Currency Heat Map
Use our free currency heat map to determine the strongest and the weakest currencies on the forex market today.
With our free pip calculator you can calculate the pip value in the currency you want to trade in and manage your risk before entering a trade.
Currency Strength Meter
Our free currency strength meter gives you a visual guide to determine the strongest and the weakest currency pairs on the Forex market in real-time.
Monte Carlo Simulator
Simulate your potential returns with our advanced Monte Carlo Simulator developed by internationally-recognised Forex trading coaches.
Support Resistance EA
Download our Support & Resistance EA for MetaTrader 4 (MT4) developed by internationally-recognised Forex experts.
Forex Margin Calculator
The Forex margin calculator can help you calculate the exact margin needed to open and hold your trading position with ease and trade with confidence.
Calculate the Compound Annual Growth Rate of your investments with our easy-to-use CAGR Calculator.
Pivot Point calculator brought to you by the most advanced Trading Room
Join ForexSignals.com and let our educational lessons, daily live streams and community help you understand the financial markets.Watch demo
Experienced traders by your side
Our team of trading mentors is there for you. Leverage the 55+ years of their experience and finally crack the markets.Chat 24/7 with our pro mentorsExperienced in the main financial marketsEvery question will be answered
- 5+ years trading experience
Nick has been trading since 2008. He has experience trading equities, fixed income and commodities. However, his preference is spot market foreign exchange, his style is big picture macro position trading in CFD’s and currency futures contracts.Forex / Equities / Fixed income / Commodities Technical / fundamental analysis
- 10+ years trading experience
Shain is based in the USA and has over 10 years of experience in the markets.Forex / Crypto / Stocks Fundamental / Technical
Trading alone is boring...
Never trade alone again. Join thousands of happy forex traders inside the Trading Room.
- I like the live streams they doI like the live streams they do. They are very informative and is a great learning to...2023-03-04
- very informativeI just started the course. it`s so informative and great thank you so much2023-02-28
- I'm just at first curious of what isI'm just at first curious of what is trading in market about and how it is like to ha...2023-02-24
- EducationalI must admit there was a period of turmoil, where the platform was going through rest...2023-02-08
- True education for traders in for the long gameWhen I first began Forex trading, I had very little understanding of fundamentals and...2023-02-07
- Introduction to Forex TradingIt's so easy explanation and very informative that zero knowledge will easily underst...2023-02-01
- Motivated and enthusiasticThe presentations make the process a lot less daunting. My confidence as trader had s...2023-01-23
- The Best Challenge for Fund ManagerThank you for being given the opportunity to take part in the Free Challenge.An inter...2023-01-12
- Insightful and SimpleThe platform provides detailed information, explaining broad and technical concepts w...2023-01-12
- This is academy is god gift through theThis is academy is god gift through the Santa, please keep it with you till the end....2023-01-01
- Great trading and learning serviceFirst, I like the user interface of the system. There is an amazing trading learning...2022-11-23
- I like trading but it seems like I justI like trading but it seems like I just jumped into it, with too much loses I have ex...2022-11-02
- Great members of staffGreat members of staff, especially Juliet, the one who had managed to help me with my...2022-08-13
- Best Trading Mentorship in the World.There is no better place to be, there is something for everybody depending on your sc...2022-08-03
- I have been following for a while nowI have been following for a while now and I must say, howtotrade knows their trade fr...2022-08-03
- It's been awhile following theIt's been awhile following the dashboard of learning how to trade. It perfect for beg...2022-08-03
- It's been an amazing journey with Howtotrade.com.Thank you so much @ howtotrade.com. It's truly been an amazing experience with you gu...2022-08-03
- Great trading strategy, don't need anything else.I really enjoyed the training I got from Scott. He helped me with every question I h...2022-05-26
- learning to tradeSo far my experience with the room has been good. I have plenty of exposure to a vari...2022-05-16
- Live Trading and Video Education Second to NoneThe experienced team provide live trading for each of the trading time zones and the...2022-05-15
- how to trade has teach me a lot ofhow to trade has teach me a lot of things since i have stated leaning trading from no...2022-05-12
- Easy to understandEasy to understand I have followed these guys for a while now and each has a differe...2022-05-12
- Rating howtotrade.comI receive markets updates everyday which makes it much much easier to choose which p...2022-05-12
- Such a great platformSuch a great platform. Been a subscriber on and off in how to trade.com for about 3 y...2022-05-12
- I'm very impressed with HOW TO TRADEI'm very impressed with HOW TO TRADE. Especially the amount of live trading/ teaching...2022-05-12
- Great !!!Great team. Attend the webinar about Howtotrade and to be honest one of the most clea...2022-05-12
- Excellent learning platformI am a complete novice when it comes to trading but have always been fascinated with...2022-05-12
- Very informative webinarVery informative webinar, lots of value given where the strategy looks superb and ver...2022-05-12
- Learn how to trade properly.Properly learning how to trade the financial markets How to trade and the trading hel...2022-05-12
- How to Trade is the BestI have been join the HowtoTrade team on trail last week amd to be honset i have learn...2022-04-03
Are you ready to take your trading to the next level?
Whether you're starting off with Forex trading basics or you are an
experienced trader, we've got what you need. Start your 7-day
free trial today and find out how we can help you.