Pivot Point calculator
Not sure how to find Pivot Points on your chart? Use our advanced Pivot Point Calculator and find the significant support and resistance levels in a matter of seconds.
How does the pivot calculator work?
First, traders can select from five different Pivot Point calculation methods: Floor, Woodie, Camarilla, Tom De Mark's and Fibonacci.
The difference between these methods is the number of levels considered and displayed:
For instance, let us calculate the Pivot Points for GBP/USD for the next trading session using the Standard (Floor) method.
High price: Here we will type in the highest price that the GBP/USD pair reached on the previous trading session, for example 1.30452.
Low price: Now, we will type in the lowest price that the GBP/USD pair reached on the previous trading session, for example 1.24651.
Open price price: Here, we type in the closing price for the GBP/USD pair on the previous trading session, for example 1.25255.
Close price: Finally, we type in the closing price for the GBP/USD pair on the previous trading session, for example 1.26254.
* This is an educational tool and results should not be construed as investment advice.
Understanding Pivot Points
The floor Pivot Points, also known as Classical Pivots and are the most basic and popular type of pivots used in Forex. These floor Pivots are price-based support and resistance levels and are calculated using a prior period's high, low, and close prices.
R1 = (2 x Pivot Point) - Low (previous day)
S1 = (2 x Pivot Point) - High (previous day)
R2 = Pivot Point + (R1 - S1)
S2 = Pivot Point - (R1 - S1)
R3 = Pivot Point + (R2 - S2)
S3 = Pivot Point - (R2 - S2)
Woodie's Pivot Points are a unique type of Pivot Points made up of multiple key levels and calculated from past price points, in order to frame trades in a simplistic manner.
They vary from the floor pivots in a way they are calculated as they give more weight to the Close price of the previous period.
R1 = 2 x Pivot Point - Low (previous day)
S1 = 2 x Pivot Point - High (previous day)
R2 = Pivot Point + High (previous day) - Low (previous day)
S2 = Pivot Point - High (previous day) + Low (previous day)
R3 = High (previous day) + 2 x [Pivot Point - Low (previous day)]
S3 = Low (previous day) - 2 x [High (previous day) - Pivot Point]
R4 = R3 + High (previous day) - Low (previous day)
S4 = S3 - High (previous day) + Low (previous day)
Camarilla Pivot Points is a versatile indicator that comprises of eight profitable levels which resemble support and resistance values for a current trend. These pivot points are super popular as they help traders to set the right stop loss and profit target orders.
R1 = Close (previous day) + [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/12
S1 = Close (previous day) - [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/12
R2 = Close (previous day) + [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/6
S2 = Close (previous day) - [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/6
R3 = Close (previous day) + [(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/4
S3 = Close (previous day) - [(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/4
R4 = Close (previous day) + [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/2
S4 = Close (previous day) - [High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.1/2
Another popular method of calculating the pivots to forecast the future of the trend is Tom DeMark's Pivot Points, which are not pivot points exactly, but are the predicted lows and highs of the period.
If Close > Open: X = 2 x H + L + C
If Close = Open: X = H + L + 2 x C
R1 = X / 2 - L
S1 = X / 2 - H
Fibonacci Pivot Points are one of the most popular types of forex indicators used to find support and resistance. It works by calculating the pivot points starting with a base one and using Fibonacci series of numbers. The most popular levels monitored by the traders are the 38.2% and the 61.8% retracement levels.
Resistance 1 = Pivot Point + ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 0.382)
Support 1 = Pivot Point - ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 0.382)
Resistance 2 = Pivot Point + ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 0.618)
Support 2 = Pivot Point - ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 0.618)
Resistance 3 = Pivot Point + ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.000)
Support 3 = Pivot Point - ([(High (previous day) - Low (previous day)] x 1.000)
Why are Pivot Points important?
Pivot Points are considered to be one of the leading indicators to traders due to their predictive qualities. They serve as an indicator of the overall market trend and help traders determine how prices could potentially turn.
This is extremely important as the price fluctuations are the backbone of Forex and essentially trigger one's buy or sell decision.
There are no rules as to what kind of trader uses the Pivot Points. In fact, we say PIVOT POINTS FOR ALL as understanding the Pivot Point analysis is undeniably a valuable addition to your trading tool box.
Check out our other free forex trading tools
Our economic calendar showcases relevant events to help you trade these markets too.
Use our profit calculator to calculate the possible profit from a trade you're considering to take.
Lot Size Calculator
Calculate the correct lot size for your trade depending on your desired risk.
Currency Heat Map
Use our free currency heat map to determine the strongest and the weakest currencies on the market today.
Pivot Point calculator brought to you by the most advanced Trading Room
Join ForexSignals.com and let our educational lessons, daily live streams and community help you understand the financial markets.Watch demo
Switch between light and dark mode
Experienced traders by your side
Our team of trading mentors is there for you. Leverage the 55+ years of their experience and finally crack the markets.Chat 24/7 with our pro mentorsExperienced in the main financial marketsEvery question will be answered
- 30+ years trading experience
A former trader in the London pits in the 80's, now successfully trading on the screens. Andrew's a veteran with 30+ years of forex trading experience.Forex / Futures / Stocks / Bonds / Options Technical / fundamental analysis
- 15+ years trading experience
Mark is a Certified Financial Technician (CFTe) with over 15 years of trading experience. He is logical, detailed and focused on precise execution.Futures / Forex / Stocks Technical analysis
- 10+ years trading experience
Max started his trading career at the age of 19. He excels in both technical and fundamental analysis and focuses on high-probability trading.Forex / Stocks / Commodities Fundamental / Technical
Don't take our word for it
This is what other traders have to say about us...
- Forex TradingAs usual, Andrew was his excellent self, using his expansive knowledge and experience...2021-05-12
- ForexSignals.com is the best trading…ForexSignals.com is the best trading education platform I have found after 4 years of...2021-05-09
- Great platformGreat platform, very informative, I would highly recommend it for Forex traders, love...2021-05-04
- Best Forex education for newcomers!Forex Signals provides some of the best education for people new to Forex and trading...2021-05-04
- this is by far the best trading room…this is by far the best trading room ,so much help . if you are a learner or experie...2021-04-20
- its a unique communityits a unique community very helpful to all kind of traders, be it beginners or pros...2021-03-31
- Have learned a lotHave learned a lot. It's simple and easy to understand. I'm hoping to earn better in...2020-05-05
- Super helpfulSuper helpful. Actually amazing contents, requires nothing else but attention God bl...2020-05-04
- AmazingAmazing, learnt so much from the free videos sent. Would recommend anyone who wants t...2020-05-04
- Excellent Mr LockwoodGood one Mr. Lockwood the teaching was excellent and very explanatory infact I used t...2020-05-04
- Strong and preciseGood one Andrew, Very informative and well established. i really found it very help...2020-05-04
- It is amazing how I clearn and...It is was amazing how I could learn and understand much within a short space of time....2020-05-02
- ForexSignals is worth every penny!The guys at ForexSignals are so helpful, I myself follow Andrew and listen daily to h...2020-01-23
- My best portal everMy best portal ever. I was try many portal, but ForexSignals is the best portal. And...2020-01-18
- BEST FOREX TRADING EVERThe mentors of forexsignals are so very help full, I highly recommend this to whom go...2020-01-17
- Best in the world!!Best in the world!!! Great teachers, i have learned a lot. Thanks!!!2020-01-16
- I strongly recommend You Get This If…I strongly recommend You Get This If you are a complete Beginner And do not know wher...2020-01-15
- A great community with great mentors…A great community with great mentors who are available to guide you. Forex Signals su...2020-01-13
- The Best I had ever seen in my 5 years experienceI am writing my review after 3 months of my membership with this great provider . I...2019-12-22
- The live streams are brilliant and the…The live streams are brilliant and the training videos have also been absolutely fant...2019-12-16
- Best Mentors with good understanding…Best Mentors with good understanding how the market works! Feel free to try free tria...2019-11-20
- Great site for trading signals and trainingI´ve been a member of this site for over a year and half, and I must say that they´...2019-11-01
- The Best of Forex!Andrew's passion, wisdom and years of experience are obvious in his videos. I love hi...2019-10-15
- Amazing Trading CommunityGreat trading community to learn and improve your trading ideas Its academy is also...2019-10-15
- Trading signals and trainingI´ve been a member of this site for over a year and half, and I must say that they´...2019-09-29
- You cant go wrong with this serviceBeen with these guys for two years and this should say it all. Andrew Mark and Max go...2019-09-13
- Very knowledgable mentors who are willing to assist always.Joined 7months ago as a novice .I am now able to cherry pick profitable trades. With...2019-09-10
- Enlightening!Been with the company for more than a year and I must say they've helped me bring my...2019-07-04
- Excellent trading room with strong educational supportForexSignals is by far the best trading room I have come across, and the only one I s...2019-07-04
- briseisI've been a trader for many years and this has also helped me because of the 24hr liv...2018-08-11