• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie questions

Hello

I am new to trading with EA.
    I just subscribed to AMplified, and have some questions:
    - if I run two instances of MT4 with the EA attached: will an EA order be executed twice on my account?
    - if the EA opens a position, and I close it manually: what happens when the EA tries to close it. Nothing, or is the reverse order executed?
    - if the EA opens an order which is executed in my account, but then MT4 is down when the EA closes the order: what happens? I assume I have to close the order manually?

Many thanks

1- don't know
    2- nothing will happen, it is safe to do so
    3- yes close it manualy or when your mt4 comes online it will be closed at current price

from your questions i think you are not planning to use a vps, which i highly recommend to avoid issues like points 1 and 3
    running another mt4 on your home pc to monitor your account and control the trades manually will be fine and you don't need to run the ea on it since the VPS is handling it

Comment

Thanks Okda.
      The first question (two instances of mt4) was to save the money for the vps. i would run it from two locations (home and work) and would have some kind of high availibility for the ea.

Comment

i remember someone else asked the same question before but i don't remember the official answer, i advise to contact support and ask them directly to be on safe side, also pleae remember to share the answer here with us for future members

Comment

Originally posted by manuel999 View Post
          Hello

- if I run two instances of MT4 with the EA attached: will an EA order be executed twice on my account?
          - if the EA opens a position, and I close it manually: what happens when the EA tries to close it. Nothing, or is the reverse order executed?
          - if the EA opens an order which is executed in my account, but then MT4 is down when the EA closes the order: what happens? I assume I have to close the order manually?

Many thanks
          1. it will open two trades as two instances of simple trader EA is running. You can open the another mt4 and not run the simple trader EA on it, safely.
          Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

Originally posted by manuel999 View Post
            Hello

Many thanks
            You'll always be risking a double trade. However if you are adamant about avoiding a VPS then I would recommend running both EA's and set the signalto half risk. Your lot sizing will screw up occasionally because not every trade will be duplicated, however the relevant trades will always be closed if one (or both) of your computers are connected.
            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X