Need help with my supply and demand trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my supply and demand trading

Hi, Im looking someone to help me out with my supply and demand trading.
    daily.jpg
    The picture above I look at the daily for the trend and who is in control for either supply or demand. In this instance its supply in control and the trendline is telling us the trend is down, so I'm looking for shorts.
    Then I go to the H4 chart and look for the extremes there for the pull back i.e over bought and oversold in the attached picture.h4.jpg
    H1.jpg
    So in the pictures it looks great in the real world but I have found problem is defining away how to filter the bad pull backs to good ones! I was wondering anyone on here has any input that could help me with finding the best setups and the strongest setups? The only thing I can think of is say in this scenario is lining up resistance from the daily to the 4h time frames...
    Would love someone who knows a better way I could master this simple strategy as its been doing my head in for such a long time.
    Mathew

Originally posted by matty_65 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1724[/ATTACH]
    The picture above I look at the daily for the trend and who is in control for either supply or demand. In this instance its supply in control and the trendline is telling us the trend is down, so I'm looking for shorts.
    Then I go to the H4 chart and look for the extremes there for the pull back i.e over bought and oversold in the attached picture.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1726[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1725[/ATTACH]
    So in the pictures it looks great in the real world but I have found problem is defining away how to filter the bad pull backs to good ones! I was wondering anyone on here has any input that could help me with finding the best setups and the strongest setups? The only thing I can think of is say in this scenario is lining up resistance from the daily to the 4h time frames...
    Would love someone who knows a better way I could master this simple strategy as its been doing my head in for such a long time.
    Mathew
    Hi Matty,

Thanks for the post.

One issue I see here is that you're using Stochastics to identify overbought and oversold opportunities.

Stochastics, RSI or a similar indicator's don't give you an indication on what's really happening. Price can remain "oversold/overbought " for long periods of time, I used to use them in the early days of trading, but found them to be incredibly unpredictable.

You're better to use standard support and resistance levels coupled with a longer term trend following criteria (which you're already incorporating to a degree).

I'll also say that you should try and include some fundamental bias in your trading instead of just using indicators. Why is a price moving? It's not because of a moving average cross, it's because something in the global economy is pushing it, if you can understand how these fundamental drivers interact with technical levels you've got a much better chance of success.

Good luck and let us know how you go
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by matty_65 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1724[/ATTACH]
      Then I go to the H4 chart and look for the extremes there for the pull back i.e over bought and oversold in the attached picture.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1726[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1725[/ATTACH]
      Mathew
      Hi Matty, the level you took doesn't seems very fresh for me but it still work out though. It would be better if it's the first retest. Using candlestick pattern for confirmation is another good option instead of rely solely on the break of trend line.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaTrader View Post
        Hi Matty, the level you took doesn't seems very fresh for me but it still work out though. It would be better if it's the first retest. Using candlestick pattern for confirmation is another good option instead of rely solely on the break of trend line.
        I totally agree about the candlestick analysis. I've been using candlestick analysis for years now, combined with Moving Average and Bollinger Bands and I haven't needed anything else to trade. That strategy gives me very viable signals, it's simple and easy to understand.

Also, when two different time frames are giving you two conflicting signals it's best, in my opinion, to listen to the signal on the larger time frame.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X