Simple yet effective trading strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple yet effective trading strategy

Hey everyone Kichie here I wanted to share with you all a very simple yet very effective trading strategy that I came up with using a trend system based off of 1hr and 4hr time frames.

This system I have tested myself for sometime now and found a very high win rate with small losses.

As I mention, this system is a trend trading system so when the market is ranging its probably a better idea to stay clear of this.

Using a 4hr and 1hr time frames we want to plot on a 6 EMA (Aqua) and a 13 EMA (Yellow) with MACD settings on 12,26,9 (standard) and also add Heiken Ashi to your bars.

As we can see from the 4HR EURUSD picture the Heiken Ashi bar has turned blue while both EMA's have crossed over and also the MACD has crossed upwards direction also. This would be our buy entry point.

(Note that we do want all signals to line up before we take our trades. So if we see the EMA's cross but the MACD hasn't crossed yet, best to wait until it does cross to the upwards direction before buying.)

Again in the 1hr picture of the EURUSD we have a sell position in place. MACD has crossed downwards, both EMA's have crossed and also our Heiken bars have turned red, this would be an ideal set up for a sell position.

Now where to we close?

You can play this two ways. You can close after gaining a certain amount of pips you're happy with or you could wait for the EMA's to start squeezing together (as seen in the circled black high lighted area)

This is just a simple technique that I hope can help some fellow traders looking for a easy strategy to follow if they aren't yet comfortable trading support & resistance levels or patterns just yet. As I mention this has given me some really good results and I'm choosing to implement it into my everyday trading as a result.

Thanks for reading! Please leave some feedback or message me if you have any questions at all!

Thanks all,

Kichie
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Thanks Kichie, I will give this a trial over the coming weeks.

Comment

Give it a shot! But I would suggest trying it yourself on a demo first just to be sure its right for you Good luck!

Comment

Taking the advantage of the opportunity, I would like to add one more point: Take notes. Study your success and failure.
        An analytical approach to trading does not begin at the fundamental and technical analysis of price trends, or the formulation of trading strategies. It begins at the first step taken into the career, with the first dollar placed in an open position, and the first mistakes in calculation and trading methods. The successful trader will keep a diary, a journal of his trading activity where he carefully scrutinizes his mistakes and successes to find out what works and what does not. This is one of the most importance forex trading tips that you will get from a good mentor.

Comment

Originally posted by vpsmalaysia View Post
          Taking the advantage of the opportunity, I would like to add one more point: Take notes. Study your success and failure.
          An analytical approach to trading does not begin at the fundamental and technical analysis of price trends, or the formulation of trading strategies. It begins at the first step taken into the career, with the first dollar placed in an open position, and the first mistakes in calculation and trading methods. The successful trader will keep a diary, a journal of his trading activity where he carefully scrutinizes his mistakes and successes to find out what works and what does not. This is one of the most importance forex trading tips that you will get from a good mentor.
          Just reminded me i need a new journal actually

Comment

looks simple trading strategy. I hope, this can be very effective for earning profit. I like this moving average related strategy. This type of strategy works well on trendy market situation.

Comment

I hope the 2 ways you provide can be put into practice.

Comment

Working...
              X