Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low risk trading

Hello everybody.
    I have been a member at ForexSignals for a long time, since 2013. I am an active subscriper to signals to build up my account alongside my own trading. I have been profitable following these signals, with of course ups and downs, but good profit as well as my trading getting better.
    Trading forex is just one of my investments. I have also invested in properties, stocks/shares etc. From various seminars and lectures that I have taken, I have developed my own profitable trading system. The system is based on simple rules and by sticking to these rules, it is profitable. It can be used on all timeframes, but the higher timeframes seems to work best, specially the Daily.
    I have been using this system on my account for the past 2 years with good results. But you have to be very patient with this system as it takes few trades - it has very low DD and I am risking 0.5% of the account on each trade. When I get a signal, my EA opens 3 trades. Every trade with itīs own TP and SL. So the total risk is 1.5%.
    I did not have any history for this system so I opened a special account in November last year. Started with 0.25% risk pr trade and increased it to 0.5% pr trade in December.
    I know that this system works and I am patiently waiting for a longer history as my account has had various other signals running on it and different systems.
    Since November, the gain is +2.3 % and the DD 1.48%.( Nov: 1.67%, Dec: 1.23% and Jan is now -0.54% ).

As I said, this is not an active system and the criterias for opening a trade are strict. Patience is the key here and it became important to me as my account grew bigger. I started my FX journey with taking high risks and willing to have high DD. The gains were good but the risk were too high. Therefore I scaled down my risks as my account became bigger. This system can of course have loosing trades, that is just normal, but by keeping the risk on acceptable level, I just let it run and do itīs thing. Easy does it

The trades have different targets and when the first 2 trades have hit TP, I move SL to BE on the 3rd trade, and let it run itīs course. I never manually close the trades or intervene.

Feel free to follow the journey on myFxbook: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/HB_...w-risk/2352122

Wish all of you the best in your Forex journey

The month of January ended with -0.11%. Total gain +2.81% and DD 1.48%.
    As I mentioned this is a quiet system and I want to show that you can gain with this type of trading. Show patience and wait for the right setups

Comment

Good start to the new month. Already up 0.94% with 2 trades hitting their TP; gbpchf sell 0.75% and eurusd sell 0.19%.
      Still have 2 eurusd trades open with different targets.
      Total since start +3.78%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 2nd Eurusd hit TP today; +0.26%.
        (Should have been +0.44% but I am slowly depositing into this account also Total for February +1.3% and total +4.15% from start in November.
        Still one eurusd sell trade open but it is a “free” rider as SL is now moved to BE @1.23982 and TP at 1.2155.
        The system also opened sell on euraud, let’s see how that plays out.

Comment

Hi mate!

I have read your previous posts and I like the way you think and trade.
          I see you have stopped updating and that march was a little bit harsh for you but in april you rocked !

I would encourage you to update us on a monthly basis how is it going.

And stick to Daily timeframe mate as you noticed by yourself, it is the best
          Take care,

Comment

Yes, March got hit with some losses; 3 trades hit SL, -4.48% but got back on track in April with 2.11% gain. Still has one EURJPY buy trade open. SL is at BE (130.95) and targetting 1% gain, but right now the TP (133.95) seems far away. The price got up til 133.49 but then started to reverse.
            This is quite easy going system with few trades now and then. But I like systems with fixed SL and fixed risk. This is the first time I am running the system for itself. It has on average 5 trades pr month, average win rate: 60%, maximum drawdown has been -10.4 % (when risking 2% pr trade - here I am risking 1.5%, first 2 months were 0.75% risk) and yearly profit has been ranging from 10% - 22%.
            This is the result from other live account. But as I said, that account was running many other signals. But letīs just see how it runs SOLO and what it brings. I have full confidence in the system after watching it running the past 2.5 years.

Comment

Not much activity in May. The EURJPY closed at BE. The system opened AUDJPY buy trade and the first 2 trades hit their TP giving 0.54% gain to the account for the month. Still one AUDJPY trade open. SL is now at BE at 81.91 and we are targetting 82.95, around 1% gain.
              Now just sit back and wait

Comment

Good luck. Yah March seemed to hit you hard in relation to other months.

I somehow missed this thread when it started. Will keep following

Comment

The last AUDJPY hit TP giving 0.71% gain and total 1.24% for this month.
                  Only one trade opened so far in May.

Comment

With only risky 0.5% of your money on each trade, i think your EA was save. What logic that use for your EA?

Comment

The EA uses the great potential of candlestick patterns and itīs visual clues about the marketīs direction. There are more than 30 different candlestick patterns but this EA trades only the highest probabililty reversal patterns and also uses few other indicators to aid itīs profitabilty and probability.

I divide the entries into 3 parts to try to get the most out of the movement. Stop Loss and entry price are the same for the three orders, but the Take Profit is different.
                      Each order is risking 0.5% and total 1.5% for the 3 orders.

This system is running on 16 crosses including Gold. As I said before, it takes very few trades as I have very strict settings. This month only 1 trade so far; AUDJPY buy. I also got a signal on CADJPY - but the order did not get filled ( 2 pips )

Comment

Cadchf buy opened but hit SL on all 3 trades. Let’s see if we get another trade this month.

Comment

The month of May ended with -0.11%. 3 trades this month. Audjpy did well; cadchf hit SL and eurgbp still open.

Comment

Low risk trading is equal to low profit..

Comment

Only one trade opened in June and profit 0.39%.

Low risk, low profit. It all depends on the account and how much risk you are willing to take

This is a reversal system which tries to spot exhausting trend.

Let’s see what July brings us

Comment

Working...
                              X