Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kilimanjaro - Who wants to climb the FX mountain together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chooch View Post

super duper smart
    What the **** dude.

You used to be really cool in the trading chat room. Seriously what happened? Did you lose money following someone and now it's a vendetta I don't get it man.

Chooch got me pregnant is what we all used to type.

I'm not sure if it makes you feel good to always be negative, but I don't know man why be hating on things if you're not subscribed?

I mean good luck to whatever business you are setting up. But not sure why you have to do it like this. Your choice.

Comment

• Nope didnt lose money, and not setting up any business. I just think kili is a joke.

Comment

• He has some issue with ForexSignals for some reason. Just let him get on with it, seems to keep him happy.

Comment

• What's you plan with audnzd? Your DD is getting worse as this pair continues to sink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi Guys, there's been a major development with Kilimanjaro.

Phil has now teamed up with a fellow former bank trader and they're emulating a trading desk through the use of Skype to combat the isolation of trading alone. They sit on video chat for most of the day and discuss opportunities as they come up. From this point forward you'll see a blend of trades from both traders, with each accountable to the other.

Phil has also decided that the world of signals isn't for him, and no longer wants to deal with the expectations of retail traders. He'll continue trading the accounts with a view to showing the returns he knows he's capable of, and once successful the strategy will be available to investors. Either through a MAM or to private clients (we'll cross that bridge when we come to it).

He asked me to thank everyone who took a punt on him and followed along, particularly in the early days. The shift from trading for a bank to trading alone was a lot harder than he first thought but he's still confident that he's got what it takes to make money over the long run.

Perhaps coincidentally, the strategy has just had it's 2nd best month of all time with +2.17% and an additional 0.8% floating profit.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Please let me introduce our latest trader

Kilimanjaro!

I'm pleased to confirm that I've secured the talents a truly outstanding trader to join our team here at ForexSignals.com.

Kilimanjaro is a 100% manual strategy administered by a gentleman by the name of "Phil". Phil is the former head of FX Trading at JP Morgan Australia and has been trading currencies for the best part of 14 years for various Investment and Commercial banks. Earlier this year he cashed in his corporate job, bankrolled himself and is now a self funded trader working from his home office in New Zealand.

I've been spending the past couple of months getting to know Phil while also watching his account in action. I have to say I've been incredibly impressed with what I've seen. He is very active, normally trading several times per day, I think you guys are going to love it.

What I think you'll love most about Kilimanjaro is he cuts losers quickly and most trades have a fixed stop loss

Yes! He actually uses stop losses! I've observed a number of occasions when he's loaded into a position only to see it crash into a fixed stop loss without causing major damage to his account or his mental state. This also has the added advantage of avoiding extended drawdowns that drag on for weeks at a time. He's normally in and out of the market fairly quickly.

Phil has graciously funded an MT4 account specifically for us to use to submit signals to you guys (with a lazy $100k in it).

Due to the relatively short amount of history we'll be doing an extended trial. I'm hoping to release this signal early next year which should give you all of us plenty of time to understand his style and the associated risks before jumping aboard.

Phil - Welcome to the site, I'm personally ecstatic about having you as a member of our community.

Edit 19th November

Drawdown limits explained.

Phil obviously comes from an institutional background where drawdown is treated a little differently to that of Myfxbook.

It's all about the maximum drawdown during a day and during a month.

As he mentioned, the most he'll risk on any particular day is 5% of his account equity.

The most he'll risk on a particular month is 15% of account equity. However there may be occasions where he might borrow some of following months drawdown limit if an opportunity presents it's self. An example of this would be:

Month 1: Drawdown hits 15%, however he identifies a great trading opportunity and wants to capitalise so he extends to 20%
              Month 2: Assuming the 20% mark was hit in month 1, his new drawdown limit for the month 2 is 10%.

You can also follow my account following on the trade copier - http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Nick...alscom/1097372

Edit 8th October 2015 - I recently conducted a full interview with Phil to give you guys a bit more of an insight into how he trades and what it's like working as an FX bank trader.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=S6jyfhPhe-g
              With all the respect to get some profit like 3% a month one would need to risk 10x more. Risking 10x more would bring DD over 100%. I am trying to say profit vs DD ratio is not good.

Comment

• Stop being butt hurt vontogr.

If your systems are that good invest your own money in them.

Getting boring now

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dupapa View Post
                  Stop being butt hurt vontogr.

If your systems are that good invest your own money in them.

Getting boring now

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
                  Dear Dupapa,

you are a bit offtopic. Perhpas you have no arguments so behave childisly but lets be adult and talk to the topic.
                  Topic is Kilimanjaro
                  My point is why is this old system with rather week parameters still here? Why it was not replaced by something better?

BR

Tomas

Comment

• Originally posted by vontogr

Dear Dupapa,

you are a bit offtopic. Perhpas you have no arguments so behave childisly but lets be adult and talk to the topic.
                    Topic is Kilimanjaro
                    My point is why is this old system with rather week parameters still here? Why it was not replaced by something better?

BR

Tomas
                    Actually that's not the point.

The point is a signal provider that spams other threads when he realises his way of making easy money off people has been affected.

It's quite simple really. If your systems are good and have longevity then put your money where your mouth is and put 3k in them.

What the moderators of this site are doing is truing to stop providers that have no skin in the game just rehashing signals that show great performance for 12-14 weeks then take a loss therefore losing people money and potentially scaring them away from the site due to their own lack of due diligence. A newbie doesn't know how to pick out when someone is just making an EA putting 1k in 10 accounts with slightly different settings and cherry picking the best one to sell for $99 a month with only $1k in the account.

We see no logical reason why a provider making good money of multiple signals can't top up his accounts? Is the money tied up in the next product churn? Who knows but it's increasingly becoming my suspicion with your recent behaviour on multiple threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post

Actually that's not the point.

The point is a signal provider that spams other threads when he realises his way of making easy money off people has been affected.

It's quite simple really. If your systems are good and have longevity then put your money where your mouth is and put 3k in them.

What the moderators of this site are doing is truing to stop providers that have no skin in the game just rehashing signals that show great performance for 12-14 weeks then take a loss therefore losing people money and potentially scaring them away from the site due to their own lack of due diligence. A newbie doesn't know how to pick out when someone is just making an EA putting 1k in 10 accounts with slightly different settings and cherry picking the best one to sell for $99 a month with only $1k in the account.

We see no logical reason why a provider making good money of multiple signals can't top up his accounts? Is the money tied up in the next product churn? Who knows but it's increasingly becoming my suspicion with your recent behaviour on multiple threads.
                      Big River Man
                      Dude. I did deposit my systems to meet new criteria the very next day.
                      Still you are offtopic.

Comment

• Killimanjaro had been doing ok for some time. He is heavily biased on NU short yet the trend keeps going against him. He has virtually given up all his progress in a few weeks. It is a shame. I really wish him the best although I think he needs rules and needs to stick to them. He puts stop losses down and then removes them.

Comment

• Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
                          Killimanjaro had been doing ok for some time. He is heavily biased on NU short yet the trend keeps going against him. He has virtually given up all his progress in a few weeks. It is a shame. I really wish him the best although I think he needs rules and needs to stick to them. He puts stop losses down and then removes them.

Did he turn the risk up 10x?

Comment

• Originally posted by RedRhino View Post
                            Did you forget about your "16% equity protection always",
                            i think you should stick answering comments on your thread.

Comment

• I think killi goes crazy with lot size. It looks like revenge trades.
                              if you look at DD, one day it was 7%, next 28%. he too insane risk. As always he was up & down, but this difference was not big, maybe a 1%-2% a day. now 21% made difference.

Comment

• Kilimanjaro - who wants to fall off the FX cliff together?

Comment

Working...
                                X