Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Golden Boy" was the name of Seinfield favorite shirt which he lost to dry cleaning and he was all upset about it. It is symbolic of the things we love in life. Be it people, animals or even that favorite shirt which you lost to shrinkage as in the case Jerry. It reminds us all of the things which we hold so dear and near. Thats why I named it Golden Boy because it reminds me of things in life which are important to all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by tqforex View Post
      "Golden Boy" was the name of Seinfield favorite shirt which he lost to dry cleaning and he was all upset about it.

I laughed when I saw the name of the strategy originally, but now I know this I love it
      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        I laughed when I saw the name of the strategy originally, but now I know this I love it
        Thanks. Looking forward to when you will have account attached to me.

Now there is a GBPJPY trade in there. This is a trade I dont understand at all on why the algo has taken it. Sometimes a system takes a trade which is contrary to what you as a person sees and thinks. It had happened earlier too when it took a long eurjpy trade i believe. Roll back the posts and you will see my surprise at that trade. But algo won the trade when it mad 2% off it.

So lets see whats it upto with GB PJPY.

Mind you the system is already up 4% today with hardly any major trends. Imagine what it will do if there is a trend to be picked. Those on live....i know you guys are making some money. Those on demo, get some confidence going with your demo days before switching to live.

Comment

Thanks. Looking forward to when you will have account attached to me.

Now there is a GBPJPY trade in there. This is a trade I dont understand at all on why the algo has taken it. Sometimes a system takes a trade which is contrary to what you as a person sees and thinks. It had happened earlier too when it took a long eurjpy trade i believe. Roll back the posts and you will see my surprise at that trade. But algo won the trade when it mad 2% off it.

So lets see whats it upto with GB PJPY.

Mind you the system is already up 4% today with hardly any major trends. Imagine what it will do if there is a trend to be picked. Those on live....i know you guys are making some money. Those on demo, get some confidence going with your demo days before switching to live.
          Algo saw widening spreads amid volatility and closed trades.

Comment

Hi Gab.

Just connected

Will be interesting to follow. Sounds almost too good to be true. I am also VIP subscriper on this site and my account is up over 200% this year - following 5-6 traders on different risk levels.
            Will let you know how things goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hs2013 View Post
              Hi Gab.

Just connected

Will be interesting to follow. Sounds almost too good to be true. I am also VIP subscriper on this site and my account is up over 200% this year - following 5-6 traders on different risk levels.
              Will let you know how things goes.

Well done. What was your DD across these 5-6 traders.

Comment

it went to 45-46% at the most. Now reducing risk as the account growing bigger. Usual DD 30%.

Comment

Dont worry about number of trades etc. Sometimes there are 9 and sometimes 1. Even if there are 9, you will notice that algo will not ever wait for stops to hit if things are turning against. If a long trade closes for three consecutive bars below a "pivot" line, then the trade is closed even before stops are hit. Vice versa for short trades. Massive amount of protection inside the algo. But once it picks a trend, boy it will make some cash before it leaves the trade.
                  i am curious if you can tell a little about how its been performing in the years past ?

it seems to me you been running this for a number of years.

so whats the average monthly pips gains approx ?

and max dd encountered ?

Comment

Originally posted by reinerh View Post
                    i am curious if you can tell a little about how its been performing in the years past ?

it seems to me you been running this for a number of years.

so whats the average monthly pips gains approx ?

and max dd encountered ?
                    No its not been running for many years. developed last nov for a major client. 6 months later our NDA has lapsed allowing us to use the system for our use. Since 1st May, we have put the trades for analysis. Trades since Jan are available and performance has been similar but clients agreement means I cannot put trades earlier than 1st May on the site. Performance is constant. Sometimes very high and sometimes regular at 10%. depends on the trends it can catch over 11 symbols.

Comment

Its not a magical system. This is a very common system on institutional trading desks. In fact this is the simplest of the variety. All it does is identify a trend, catch it and play it with trailing stops and exit it.
                      The difference between this and others is that this system puts a huge amount of stress on moving stops over "time" and "price action". Stop mgmt is its secret.

Comment

note yesterday there was a EURAUD trade it took. It was trying to latch on to a 100 pip move but because the 100 pip to 1.464 was not coming easily, it exited and entered it again and finally exited it when it was not able to catch it clean. Yesterday was not a easy day to trade. EURUSD was breaking out of some stiff resistance. If it stays above 1.2425 it could move quite a bit higher and algo went long as well. However it has been tightening stops since then.

Similar thoughts with GBPAUD yesterday. It started to get in but once it found that the trend was not happening at its entry point, it exited the trade.

Comment

The algo does not care if EURUSD is going to 1.22 or 1.26. If it is headed 1.26 it will go long and if it trends down to 1.22 it may catch a short at 1.2390 or so. Just stick to the trend and dont listen to anyone. Not even draghi. Sometimes draghi says dovish things and eurusd goes up. Thats forex.

Comment

The algo does not care if EURUSD is going to 1.22 or 1.26. If it is headed 1.26 it will go long and if it trends down to 1.22 it may catch a short at 1.2390 or so. Just stick to the trend and dont listen to anyone. Not even draghi. Sometimes draghi says dovish things and eurusd goes up. Thats forex.
                            When I joined as a freshman out of college to a major trading desk, the first thing we were taught was stop management. Stops are what makes a traders. If a trader even if he is down, can demonstrate an ability to take losses at predefined levels (which can be either be based on support/resistances OR defined as risk % of a portfolio), he will normally become a good trader over a period of 5 years. The average guy will make it to head the team in 7 to 8 years. But a person who shows indecision in having stops or does not believe in stops, will never ever make it. They are normally filtered out of the desk in 6 months and they will join the corporate bank sales team or something like that.

Retail traders here should take one lesson from me: LEARN TO KEEP STOPS. HAVE A METHOD BY WHICH YOU KEEP STOPS. NEVER MARRY INTO POSITIONS.

This is the greatest lesson I have learnt in my life and I will give this lesson to all of you. Its ok if your portfolio takes 5 or 6 or 10 stop out. Each stop out may result in 1% loss at max and therefore at consecutive 10 stop out, all you lose is 10%. For 10 stop outs to happen, markets really bad for you. But generally you will have a 5 or 6 stop in a row but even that does not harm you much. but imagine you dont keep a stop and the trend shifts, then you are toasted. For example, EURUSD is still downtrend, but nothing prevents it from going to 1.27. So if you short at 1.2350, then close the trade at max at 1.2450. Similarly for GU. Stops are the most imp part of your trading aresenal never ignore them. I personally like a stop method based on ATR.

Comment

As i was browsing this site, there have been some fair number of failure as well. If you look back to why these traders failed, it was because they did not allow a loss making position to be closed at predefined level while the trend shifted. For example its wrong to be long AUDUSD at .8800 or .8900 etc. Trend has shifted down long back. So no point holding long. Play the trends but be flexible to get out at the slightest change in direction. Be very careful of it. EURUSD is one pair which is refusing to go down. This is something that needs to be watched. Is it readying for 1.26 ot 1.27? Downtrend is safe but within a large downtrend, these pairs can rally 200 and 300 pips. So its always good to play both sides of a trend.

Comment

My thread has no stars. How do I get 5 stars? I think this thread has been quite clean and useful and I will try to put in informative posts which will be useful to everyone. But 9 pages later, I just noticed that other threads have 5 stars and I have none. Not fair.

Nick what needs to do be done to get 5 stars?

Comment

Working...
                                X