Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanriopurin
    replied
    If Friday trades have been shown to be consistently and historically catastrophic, how about reversing them?

We will risk only 0.5%+ of loss, maybe quite a few of them, but once in a while... BAMMM 10-15% gain.

Leave a comment:

• aheart
    replied
    Decided to cancel all signal services and do only manual trade myself, I feel safer. Take care guys.

Leave a comment:

• Vidster
    replied
    Originally posted by ales View Post
    Nah... none knows where is it going or better to say everyone might have an idea where is it going and its upto each trader how he will place his trade accordingly (meaning - your entry, target and stop). Institutional or retail. Doesnt matter.
    Institutional trader (and i have been one for 10+ years) had been allocated a risk capital he can play with, open position limits, hard monthly stop set up etc ...

The myth of banks can move the markets is also wrong. Markets are much much much more deeper than one ticket can really move the whole market, believe me.
    Could not agree more! Institutional traders are right 40-45% of trades. What is remaining 55-60%? Losses. But their risk management is crucial.
    Anyways, hopefully Smart comes out of trouble and don't do the same mistake over and over again. I state this as a mistake because if it's part of the strategy we should run.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Close MT4 and wait what will happen.

Leave a comment:

• Sherif
    replied
    Now second aususd buy .. not perfect timing .. maybe after the news could have been better ...

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ales
    replied
    Originally posted by Anton123 View Post
    In fact, not exactly. Institutional traders simply DO KNOW where the currency will go.
    They have access to insider information the retail traders haven't.
    And they have enough money from their banks to move markets where they want it to be.
    Nah... none knows where is it going or better to say everyone might have an idea where is it going and its upto each trader how he will place his trade accordingly (meaning - your entry, target and stop). Institutional or retail. Doesnt matter.
    Institutional trader (and i have been one for 10+ years) had been allocated a risk capital he can play with, open position limits, hard monthly stop set up etc ...

The myth of banks can move the markets is also wrong. Markets are much much much more deeper than one ticket can really move the whole market, believe me.

Leave a comment:

• Anton123
    replied
    Originally posted by Vidster View Post
    Retail traders are right in 60%+ trades and still they lose. Institutional traders win 40-45% of them and they take majority of the money.
    Where is the difference and why?
    Simole answer. They admit and take the loss when necessary. Period.
    In fact, not exactly. Institutional traders simply DO KNOW where the currency will go.
    They have access to insider information the retail traders haven't.
    And they have enough money from their banks to move markets where they want it to be.

Only Kilimanjaro is doing this among all other FS traders. He is least profitable but he cannot blow like others can.
    Unfortunately, Kili is almost impossible to follow with trade copier. Slippage will kill already small profits. I tried to follow him, but had to unsubscribe...

Leave a comment:

• Vidster
    replied
    Originally posted by primi View Post
    Don't take it as an investment advice but this is the level where you start looking for shorts not closing them.
    I agree with you, however it can only be a correction in an upcoming uptrend. Be careful holding it for too long. Or use protective stops.

On the other hand I understand going short usdcad at the bottom. Trend has better odds of continuing rather than reversing. But when it's clear factors are pointing higher prices, why not admitting and close out?

Retail traders are right in 60%+ trades and still they lose. Institutional traders win 40-45% of them and they take majority of the money.
    Where is the difference and why?

Simole answer. They admit and take the loss when necessary. Period.

Only Kilimanjaro is doing this among all other FS traders. He is least profitable but he cannot blow like others can.

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    yes, too bad smart opened shorts at bottom and we don't have any more manoeuvring. Scalper is left with 1 trade and losses are bigger than 25% there, so even if this one goes to TP we are still in huge loss considering we didn't recover from the last hit in November...

Leave a comment:

• yvancoronado
    replied
    Originally posted by primi View Post
    Don't take it as an investment advice but this is the level where you start looking for shorts not closing them.
    Learned my lesson too many times adding to losing positions, and it's the same as the current floating drawdon. I'll just re enter the same or bigget lot size at a better entry level and ride the correction to recover some losses,

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• primi
    replied
    Originally posted by yvancoronado View Post
    Oh well. I just closed the trades and took the loss.. will manually short later on top with tight SL hopefully to recover some los..

Leave a comment:

• aheart
    replied
    Closing the trade, don't feel good at all . Usdcad is very unpredictable pair . Wanted to close this trade earlier , now regret big time for not doing so.

Leave a comment:

• Vidster
    replied
    Originally posted by goral123 View Post
    Just to be sure- are we waiting now for reversing of this uptrend?
    Vijay said he is watching the market closely. Only watching it doesn't help anyone. Being afraid of stopping out or hedging it makes just bigger losses. It can work if you are lucky but luck shouldn't be part of trading story.

It doesn't make sense in doing good performance if you blew it all up on one single bad trade.

Leave a comment:

• yvancoronado
    replied
    Oh well. I just closed the trades and took the loss.. will manually short later on top with tight SL hopefully to recover some los..

Leave a comment:

• goral123
    replied
    Just to be sure- are we waiting now for reversing of this uptrend?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X