Big Changes Planned For ForexSignals.com - Have your say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by primi View Post
    Signals are what put you on the map. With MAMs I would have walked right past. Stability is the key for me and I feel I'm not getting it anymore. So sad.
    Maybe I am an advanced user, even a tech geek, but I will never join a MAMM in the forecastable future, whatever the broker

I don't have any interest in the trading room too but, of course it doesn't annoy me

Nick, I am happy to hear that nothing will change for existing subcribers and existing VIP signals + Goldstar but I would like to know if it is still possible that a new trader could become a VIP trader in the future

in other words: actual existing VIP subscriber will be able to follow as signal NEW VIP master traders that will be discovered in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by BMM View Post
      Maybe I am an advanced user, even a tech geek, but I will never join a MAMM in the forecastable future, whatever the broker

I don't have any interest in the trading room too but, of course it doesn't annoy me

Nick, I am happy to hear that nothing will change for existing subcribers and existing VIP signals + Goldstar but I would like to know if it is still possible that a new trader could become a VIP trader in the future

in other words: actual existing VIP subscriber will be able to follow as signal NEW VIP master traders that will be discovered in the future?
      Yeah it's likely. We're going to be building up the VIP section for US clients, so existing VIP clients will fit in with that. Any trader that is added would be heavily heavily vetted though and we don't have anyone currently on the radar.
      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Hi Nick,

Good to hear all existing subs and VIP subs can continue their signals undisturbed.

Once the subscriptions are no longer available to new clients in the future, Will the existing subs of Goldstar and Smart2 ,Steady Capture and Kili be able:

for Non-US Subs:

1/ Change the subscription term from eg; Monthly to 6 monthly or visa versa VIP or Not ?

2/ To join the VIP if the existing sub wasn't a VIP prior to the cancellation of the subscriptions (Big Changes) ?

3/ Can a Non-VIP suspend the subscription service and resume within a few months ?

4/Can an existing VIP sub who was eg: subscribed to only Smart2 prior to the cancellation of the subscriptions.
        Are they able to add , Remove and Re-subscribe at a latter time to any of the other VIP traders as long as the account remains as a VIP account?

5/Is there a $ cap on these subscriptions for subs joining today but before the cut off ?
        5a/ Is the cap based on Balance or Equity ?

Any additional info you can add would be great.
        Thanks
        Last edited by genki7; 04-18-2016, 06:32 AM.

Comment

My only suggestion to Nick is to have a flexible approach to signals offering - e.g. if I, as someone with a current signals account running say, Smart2 on AUD, decide I want to setup a 2nd account on Smart2 using USD, I hope I would be able to obtain a second signal rather than being told no because that would be considered a new account.

Also if new traders are found to create MAMs, I hope veteran members can still obtain their standalone signal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Yeah it's likely. We're going to be building up the VIP section for US clients, so existing VIP clients will fit in with that. Any trader that is added would be heavily heavily vetted though and we don't have anyone currently on the radar.
            this YES is a great relief for me because it means that forexsignals.com is not killing itself betting on a different thing where most of us are not interested to

I hope MAMMs will help you to find new customers but I am also happy that you are wise enough to not destroy your core business

well done Nick!

Comment

Lots of people have their emotions raging because all this is too personal and involves money.
              I am not a signal provider or a subscriber at the moment. In fact I am quite new to this community, so my prospect might be new.

People clearly want thinkhuge/forexsignals to be a platform rather than a service provider offering handpicked traders. They seem to be less concerned with paying 30% in success fee. They want to adjust risk (which is very strange to me), choose broker (but they might still trust a single broker if Nick is running it) and move from one trader to another without incurring any cost or wasting time.

Nick, you can either go service provider route (MAMs) or the platform route (advanced MAM like darwinex). Service providers are always limited in what they can achieve by their own capability, a platform provider is limited only by imagination of its users and has potential to grow widely. You have the revenue, the clients, the employees, the brand and most of the technology to shoot for the stars, then shoot for the stars. MAM might not quiche your thrustor justify the potential your companies have. Unless, of course you have the next step planned already

Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by breaststroke View Post
                Lots of people have their emotions raging because all this is too personal and involves money.
                I am not a signal provider or a subscriber at the moment. In fact I am quite new to this community, so my prospect might be new.

People clearly want thinkhuge/forexsignals to be a platform rather than a service provider offering handpicked traders. They seem to be less concerned with paying 30% in success fee. They want to adjust risk (which is very strange to me), choose broker (but they might still trust a single broker if Nick is running it) and move from one trader to another without incurring any cost or wasting time.

Nick, you can either go service provider route (MAMs) or the platform route (advanced MAM like darwinex). Service providers are always limited in what they can achieve by their own capability, a platform provider is limited only by imagination of its users and has potential to grow widely. You have the revenue, the clients, the employees, the brand and most of the technology to shoot for the stars, then shoot for the stars. MAM might not quiche your thrustor justify the potential your companies have. Unless, of course you have the next step planned already

Best of luck to everyone!
                Thanks Breastroke,

I agree, everyone here wants to keep the flexibility signals offer and enjoy open source nature of the copier, but I'm sad to say that history shows us that it is the exception rather than the rule. The broader market want something simple to understand and easy to use.

Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about.

Imagine an operating system that was completely free, totally optimisable and customisable , and ran twice as efficiently as anything else on the market. Then compare it to a competing operating system that was expensive, CPU intensive, regularly needed to be updated at a cost, but was simple and intuitive to use.

Linux have 1.7% vs Windows at 70%+

I used to dream of world domination by getting thousands of clients using our signal copier and benefiting from our traders, but I've now realised that while it might be what you or I like, it's not what the majority of people that have an interest in investing in.

It's also worth noting that since I've announced this there's been almost no uptake in subscribers which is a little telling in my view...

I do really appreciate the positive comments and encouragement to take this to the next level, but I'm not making this decision lightly. Right now we're niche and due to the nature of what we do we always will be, but if we can offer investors a legitimate way to make 50% per year and we can explain how it works within a single sentence, the sky is the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Thanks Breastroke,

I agree, everyone here wants to keep the flexibility signals offer and enjoy open source nature of the copier, but I'm sad to say that history shows us that it is the exception rather than the rule. The broader market want something simple to understand and easy to use.

Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about.

Imagine an operating system that was completely free, totally optimisable and customisable , and ran twice as efficiently as anything else on the market. Then compare it to a competing operating system that was expensive, CPU intensive, regularly needed to be updated at a cost, but was simple and intuitive to use.

Linux have 1.7% vs Windows at 70%+

I used to dream of world domination by getting thousands of clients using our signal copier and benefiting from our traders, but I've now realised that while it might be what you or I like, it's not what the majority of people that have an interest in investing in.

It's also worth noting that since I've announced this there's been almost no uptake in subscribers which is a little telling in my view...

I do really appreciate the positive comments and encouragement to take this to the next level, but I'm not making this decision lightly. Right now we're niche and due to the nature of what we do we always will be, but if we can offer investors a legitimate way to make 50% per year and we can explain how it works within a single sentence, the sky is the limit.
                  Although majority of people are currently taking up the mamm option at present is it possible a mamm may fail and people look to signals to control their own risk settings.

I am not a business man but i believe diversity is a key driver to a successful business.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
                    Although majority of people are currently taking up the mamm option at present is it possible a mamm may fail and people look to signals to control their own risk settings.

I am not a business man but i believe diversity is a key driver to a successful business.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
                    I'm one of those people who has lost six figures with a MAMM. So I won't be going anywhere near them for the foreseeable future.

Though some people here have said that the signals is mainly for the geeks this is not true, I myself prefer the signals because it gives me options. I'm a trader myself and I enjoy trading my own strategy whilst having a few signals with controlled risk growing my portfolio. This is not possible with MAMM's -you are completely at the mercy of the trader.

I believe that the MAMMs are for passive investors, whereas trader-investors prefer to have some control over their destiny.

So I guess for all us traders/private portfolio managers there's still something missing and this void is yet to be filled.

I'm a businessman and I've built numerous successful startups.

Nick, I'm sure you've done your homework regarding the MAMMs however, I don't believe the signals business is dead. It just needs a rethink and to allow it to evolve.

Comment

Originally posted by genki7 View Post
                      Hi Nick,

Good to hear all existing subs and VIP subs can continue their signals undisturbed.

Once the subscriptions are no longer available to new clients in the future, Will the existing subs of Goldstar and Smart2 ,Steady Capture and Kili be able:

for Non-US Subs:

1/ Change the subscription term from eg; Monthly to 6 monthly or visa versa VIP or Not ?

2/ To join the VIP if the existing sub wasn't a VIP prior to the cancellation of the subscriptions (Big Changes) ?

3/ Can a Non-VIP suspend the subscription service and resume within a few months ?

4/Can an existing VIP sub who was eg: subscribed to only Smart2 prior to the cancellation of the subscriptions.
                      Are they able to add , Remove and Re-subscribe at a latter time to any of the other VIP traders as long as the account remains as a VIP account?

5/Is there a $ cap on these subscriptions for subs joining today but before the cut off ?

Thanks
                      Hi Nick,

Are you able to let me know on these questions.

I would like to know how flexible things are going to be before deciding to add some signals.
                      Thanks
                      Last edited by genki7; 04-19-2016, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious View Post
                        I'm one of those people who has lost six figures with a MAMM. So I won't be going anywhere near them for the foreseeable future.

Though some people here have said that the signals is mainly for the geeks this is not true, I myself prefer the signals because it gives me options. I'm a trader myself and I enjoy trading my own strategy whilst having a few signals with controlled risk growing my portfolio. This is not possible with MAMM's -you are completely at the mercy of the trader.

I believe that the MAMMs are for passive investors, whereas trader-investors prefer to have some control over their destiny.

So I guess for all us traders/private portfolio managers there's still something missing and this void is yet to be filled.

I'm a businessman and I've built numerous successful startups.

Nick, I'm sure you've done your homework regarding the MAMMs however, I don't believe the signals business is dead. It just needs a rethink and to allow it to evolve.
                        With respect, you didn't lose six figures because you were in a MAM. You lost it because you followed a losing system.

You're correct in thinking that MAM's are for passive investors but they're also for traders who prefer to watch instead of actively participate in the market.

The signal business isn't dead, but social trading and trade copying will only ever be a tiny niche in this industry. There just isn't enough money in it to encourage top traders to participate, the only reason you see them on this site is because they've joined (for the most part) with the hope of leveraging their popularity into managed accounts and making performance fees.

I feel like I'm constantly defending myself here.... this is good for you guys from where I sit. You're the last of a generation that will be able to follow these top quality traders and make uncapped returns for a relatively low monthly fee.

Before anyone else chimes in about why we should keep signals, consider the problem that we're trying to solve.

Users here want:
                        - A product that allows users flexibility to set their own risk
                        - A product that allows the creation of portfolio's of signals
                        - A product that allows users to manipulate or add individual trades at their discretion
                        - The option that lets the user select a broker of their choosing

The traders want:
                        - To earn performance fees on the income generated for clients
                        - Not to have their intellectual property stolen
                        - Not to have to deal directly with clients freaking out when they're in drawdown

We want: (in addition to the first two points under the traders section above)
                        - To have the largest, most profitable community of forex traders/investors on the internet

Comment

Originally posted by genki7 View Post
                          Hi Nick,

for Non-US Subs:

Thanks
                          1) Yes
                          2) Yes (but you can't go back)
                          3) No
                          4) No
                          5) Yes (balance)

Comment

Hi Nick, to quote " It's also worth noting that since I've announced this there's been almost no uptake in subscribers" - the overall direction of announcements seems not encouraging to new signals signups & may well discourage it, esp. any new members, as the future looks a bit uncertain for this, apart from existing clients & given the future preference announced for MAM accounts. The broader market you refer to seems to be investors who don't necessarily have a Forex background which could be seen as a decline in signal interest. Those investors as you rightly say are not interested in the steep learning curve of vps & managing risk/signal providers on their own MT4 which involves some Forex related experience. It seems to me your future direction will actively discourage new signal interest, which would leave you heavily dependent on MAM interest from non Forex background investors as it seems the current members are more weighted towards signals from the feedback here.

Comment

i think the MAM is the best way to go, just invest and let it run for couple years

Comment

Also making "uncapped returns for a low monthly fee" is to some extent offset by capping maximum balance for team traders so those wanting to trade with larger balances either join MAM or take out an extra sub for the signal or in the case of VIP open an extra VIP account - must be better for forexsisgnals.com business I would imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                X