Multiple MT4s on same VPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple MT4s on same VPS

I'm trying to install multiple MT4s on my VPS after an upgrade resulted in system resetting. IC Markets MT4 download app automatically installs and doesn't let me select the folder/name to install, so it just re-installs over the same location.

How do I fix this?

Originally posted by Isochronous View Post
    I'm trying to install multiple MT4s on my VPS after an upgrade resulted in system resetting. IC Markets MT4 download app automatically installs and doesn't let me select the folder/name to install, so it just re-installs over the same location.

How do I fix this?
    After you click on the .exe install file>click 'yes I agree'>click 'settings' box on left before you go any further. That lets you change the file destination or create new folder etc.

Comment

Or just copy the folder from inside the program Files and paste it somewhere else as many times as you need

Usually I run my mt4 from a different folder which I backup (including the mql folder) on daily basis to the cloud (Google Drive in my case) so if the vps system goes down, I will have a fresh copy of each mt4 copy with the exact settings

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've done it that way a lot too although I found on odd occasions the mt4 would cross reference to the original mq folder of the copied folder instead of creating a new mq folder, & it kept opening the wrong mt4 account regardless of entering any new account nos. or passwords - only started when Metaquotes messed about with the installation method a while back last year. Also sometimes I want a completely new install to start with clean mt4.
        Last edited by littlemax; 04-16-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X