Things to maybe help some budding Traders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to maybe help some budding Traders

This is a thread I have been thinking about for years, but never got around to starting it. It is just focused on helping new traders to find something simple amongst IMO all the excessive bullpoo that exists out there, to try and battle thru when you are learning this rocket science. I will be posting with hopefully the help of some distinguished traders.

What this is not; This is not a get quick rich technique, go away if you are not prepared to put hard work in : )
    Some Holy Grail technique, from Paul Tudor Jones level trader.

What this will be; A place to share some sensible ideas, hopefully I can learn from some of the other traders who will be posting, with an aim to focusing on one of the main intentions of this website, to get people profitable and give them a skill, teachin men and womans to fish!

OK just to quickly get something down. Having helped dozens if not hundreds of people here over the years, lol sounds good, but not writing it for that, It is my sincere belief that people overcomplicate all of this basically, I know it IS complicated, but I also know that most successful traders keep things fairly simple.

Were talking; Support/Resistance, maybe 200ma higher timeframes, trend. OK will leave it there for now....please feel free to chime in

Comment

Comment

Cheers for the RANsquawk idea, now on a feed.

Like what your doing here Potter and couldn't agree more, keep it simple guys/girls

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Potter, I'm looking forward to hearing more

How do you approach the market? What are you looking at when you first login for the day?

Do you run through a checklist, or just have a general scout through the charts to see if there are any major levels on the horizon?
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Here is something I use --> https://market24hclock.com/#_ ... I think this has been posted in the chat room before by others. It is the 24hr market clock. Good to see when Market overlap is in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Thanks Potter, I'm looking forward to hearing more

How do you approach the market? What are you looking at when you first login for the day?

Do you run through a checklist, or just have a general scout through the charts to see if there are any major levels on the horizon?
              hmmm great questions, but then you would pose good ones.

OK to get a quick reply back to you. Id say firstly I approach the market as if it is a wild animal ready to tear the shirt off of my back!

When first loging in for the day, probably similar to a lot of traders who use Fundamentals, Technicals & General Market Sentiment.

I like to catch up on the news feed. i.e See whats happened in the session before, and try and formulate some kind of plan that I can see happening, such as threatening risk off situations, then maybe couple that with buy tech levels in gold for example.

Something I would like to stress is that IMO there is no rush. I like the saying "you get paid to wait". So I'd say I never look to rush into something. Hope that helps for now.

A few other good free resources I was looking for I havent been able to relocate atm, but these two sites might be useful to some, of course there is always the whole BabyPips.com course to follow as well, which most would recommend....

http://www.babypips.com/tools/forex-...sitionsize.php
              Last edited by Potter; 04-24-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Potter View Post

hmmm great questions, but then you would pose good ones.

OK to get a quick reply back to you. Id say firstly I approach the market as if it is a wild animal ready to tear the shirt off of my back!

When first loging in for the day, probably similar to a lot of traders who use Fundamentals, Technicals & General Market Sentiment.

I like to catch up on the news feed. i.e See whats happened in the session before, and try and formulate some kind of plan that I can see happening, such as threatening risk off situations, then maybe couple that with buy tech levels in gold for example.

Something I would like to stress is that IMO there is no rush. I like the saying "you get paid to wait". So I'd say I never look to rush into something. Hope that helps for now.

A few other good free resources I was looking for I havent been able to relocate atm, but these two sites might be useful to some, of course there is always the whole BabyPips.com course to follow as well, which most would recommend....

http://www.babypips.com/tools/forex-...sitionsize.php
                That's sounds like a very sensible way to approach the market. But I would expect nothing different :P

Interesting that you highlight tech levels in gold, do you find they hold true more often than FX pairs?

Comment

That's sounds like a very sensible way to approach the market. But I would expect nothing different :P
                  Hmmm thanks for the compliment, I expect its pretty standard procedure, with someone with a bit of experience tho.

Interesting that you highlight tech levels in gold, do you find they hold true more often than FX pairs?
                  I havent done extensive research on the comparison. The level is usually just used as an "odds enhancer" for the trade I have in mind.

Comment

Awesome idea Potter.. Look forwards to contributing to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kichie View Post
                      Awesome idea Potter.. Look forwards to contributing to it.
                      YW guys, hope my idea of the basics will be of some use to people...

Comment

Originally posted by Potter View Post

YW guys, hope my idea of the basics will be of some use to people...
                        What do you think about doing a podcast with Jason?

I'd love to hear it, as I'm sure many people here would.

Comment

What do you think about doing a podcast with Jason?

I'd love to hear it, as I'm sure many people here would.
                          Would like to hear that podcast, great idea

Comment

With how active Potter is in the trade room chat, Im sure you would have a whole lot of info to fill that podcast up. Jason wouldn't get a word in edge ways!!...lol....

Comment

Lol just seen the podcast stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X