No announcement yet.

Smart Scalper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am checking with your trade log and the third GBPNZD trade were not copy to my account (the one that was in profit). What you think that happened?

Comment

• You should ask your broker about that
      I had three trades on GBPNZD:
      - 57.5 pips
      + 15.4 pips
      + 73.3 pips

Comment

• wow, bad news for me. Any person here had operating with FXCM had the same or similar problem?

Comment

• There was a server outage gmontes. Contact them and see if you can get compensation.

Comment

• thanks, I will do

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
              Hey Victor,

i updated it few times after the heavy loss we have taken.

first i made the change to take trades at 30, 40, and 50 pips and so on

later i have included volatality aspect, (so the previous modification is overwritten) depending on how strong the trend is the difference between the next trades is calculated. this is to avoid big DDs. Also i have included the lot sizing based on this gap, otherwise it wont be complete. why do u say there is not dynamic distance at all? 42 pips is the dynamically calculated difference. Second trade difference might be slippage or something, thats why the diff is 44. in the previous GA trades the difference was 60+ pips and the lot size was 0.03 and now 42/44 and the lot size is 0.06. its dynamic right?

Comment

• i deliberately wanted it that way. My trades do not stay for days, max 1 or 2 days. so not much will change from the time of entry to exit. so i am fixing the distance and the lot sizes before hand. it will become really complex if you keep on adjusting your distance and the lot sizes. Sometimes after a big move, there will be low range periods, that doesnt mean the volatality is low. we shouldnt be adding additional positions at shorter distances and increase or decrease the lot sizes, that will screw up the average price of our trades and in turn our TPs.
                Last edited by SmartTrader; 10-16-2014, 11:22 AM.
                Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                  i deliberately wanted it that way. My trades do not stay for days, max 1 or 2 days. so not much will change from the time of entry to exit. so i am fixing the distance and the lot sizes before hand. it will become really complex if you keep on adjusting your distance and the lot sizes. Sometimes after a big move, there will be low range periods, that doesnt mean the volatality is low. we shouldnt be adding additional positions at shorter distances and increase or decrease the lot sizes, that will screw up the average price of our trades and in turn our TPs.
                  Very well Vijay, that's what I wanted to know ensured... I thought maybe adding the next position at a longer (not shorter) distance, if suddenly the price reacts violently after the previous entry, could be a good idea (obviously longer distance would imply lower lot size and shorter distance bigger lot size)... But yes, you are right, I suppose it would be very difficult to properly implement in a positive working way for all possible different cases.

Comment

• A hedge? That's a first. It was a few pips away from hitting the tp just nice. Sigh

Comment

• Wow... this is totally NEW... so now you also Hedge, Vijay?

Also, what a beautiful level to insert the Hedge... Why not before at a higher level?... I really hope is not the result of something emotional
                      Last edited by VictorTous; 10-22-2014, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• its news move so i hedged to minimise risk
                        Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Is just that I thought trades must be placed before high impact news like: MPC Asset Purchase Facility Votes & MPC Official Bank Rate Votes.

(And it totally changes your SmartScalper system, and what to expect from it).
                          Last edited by VictorTous; 10-22-2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• But wasn't the hedge placed after the news?

Comment

• 10 minutes after the news...

Comment

• hey victor looks like u and me have same signals...May u share ur total DD the moment? mine is -21% on DF viper and vijay.

Comment

Working...
                                X