Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WillT
    replied
    Just wanted to update further on this. All baskets on our 2 test MT4 and cTrader are working fine.

I know you all want me to say I've found something, but there is no way we are getting delays in the copier itself. If there were delays, I'd be able to replicate them easily and I simply can't. I need a big basket, during high volatility to close out and create a large time delay, as that is when I can look at the test accounts and work out where the delay is coming from.

Until that actually happens, I'm just sat waiting I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• timo
    replied
    @ whiteape - agreed. Anything over 15% slippage is too high for me, and > 30% is getting into outrageous territory :P

The tricky thing about the C2 & C2.1 signals also is that Tomas already had an extensive client base before coming to ST.
    So he has many customers he runs the EA for on his private VPS's. So in terms of execution, they will always get filled long before any of us will here at ST - a similar situation to the Viper / Trusted MAMs.

However, considering the results of his customers on his VPSs are excellent, and some of the subs results here are also excellent, I still feel there is room to increase the performance here. Especially when we're using the identical broker and VPS to Tomas, and the only variable is the ST copier. It doesn't seem to be black and white, e.g. NOT all ST customers have massive slippage. It's mixed, with unpredictable and seemingly random results.

I know Will is working hard on the investigation, and with any luck he might find some gremlin in the copier that can be tweaked or adjusted to deliver us more pips and less slippage.
    Last edited by timo; 08-25-2014, 12:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• VictorTous
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WhiteApe
    replied
    37% slippage is way too high - if it was a MAM it would probably only be 30% fee. Personally I think it is clear that execution suffers when there are too many people following a signal. We saw it with FX Amplified in the early days and it seems Viper signal is or has been at that boundary. Maybe this will improve as brokers continue to compete with each other for best execution times etc., but I think Tomas should consider whether it is sensible to allow any new subs at this stage or otherwise the signal will be a victim of its own success. Its a shame as so few signals are worth following anyway so the ones that are good should be protected.

Leave a comment:

• timo
    replied
    Last 7 days performance:

Missed Trades 0
    Total Pip Slippage -37.1
    Total pips 103.2

On a positive note, C2 is extremely consistent, and continues to pump out the pips without too many scary baskets at all. I'm still a massive fan of Tomas's pride and joy.

However IMHO -37 pips lost every 100 pips is a bit on the high side. I'd love to see that get down to around half that if at all possible.

How did others at ICM do the past week?

Will, do you think ICM might be getting too crowded for this signal perhaps? Or still too early to tell.

Leave a comment:

• ScottFX
    replied
    Originally posted by fabx View Post
    Scott how did your loss compare was it similar if so I guess there is little point in me considering changing broker.
    Regarding 2nd basket.
    ICM Account 1:

ICM Account 2:

As mentioned before, these accounts are sitting on the same server.

Leave a comment:

• fabx
    replied
    Out of interest is anyone using Axitrader or Alpari with this signal and are happy with slippage tolerance compared to other brokers. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteApe
    replied
    Originally posted by ralf View Post
    But too bad, myfxbook shows the time stamps only with 1-minute resolution. That's only of little help I guess :[
    Its the pips that count surely?

Leave a comment:

• ralf
    replied
    fabx,

Nick posted links to 2 test accounts in post #39. They should give you an realistic overview.

Leave a comment:

• ralf
    replied
    Just wanted to analyse Nick's test accounts (cTrader vs. MT4) to see if cTrader really executes faster. There are already 40 trades listed. But too bad, myfxbook shows the time stamps only with 1-minute resolution. That's only of little help I guess :[

Leave a comment:

• fabx
    replied
    Scott how did your loss compare was it similar if so I guess there is little point in me considering changing broker.

Leave a comment:

• ScottFX
    replied
    @fabx I took a loss on the second basket as well with ICM. I find it happens when the master closes at a very volatile time. Overall it doesn't matter to me when taking into consideration the profit for a full month.

Leave a comment:

• fabx
    replied
    On the recent basket I ended up with a loss. I am on a weeks trial FOR Caesar2 but will probably cancel until I can decide upon a more appropriate broker.
    Currently FxOpen UK & STVPS. The basket earlier in the day I did end up with a profit of 28.9. I have heard that ICM, Pepperstone and Global Prime might be more suitable for this signal, if anyone has any experience or suggestions thanks.

-3, 7, -2.3, -7, -8.2 total -13.5
    master
    -2.2, 2.3, -3.8, 1.6, 10.6 total 8.5

Leave a comment:

• WillT
    replied
    Hey timo. Yes recent baskets all closing perfectly for us at the minute. Waiting for a bad close to see where the delays are

Leave a comment:

• littlemax
    replied
    I talked with Angus @ ICM about this - his view was that being closest to the broker server was a safer option during news events when the chance of delays are higher- not necessarily faster (with signal from ST UK) but perhaps a safer & more reliable option- implying that problems were more likely to be from the broker side in this case in fast markets. I tried running the signal from CNS UK on ICM - I thought it should be better option also - & occasionally I observed dropouts on the broker connection shown in MT4 logs, so reverted back to NY server which has consistently been more reliable for me during news.
    Last edited by littlemax; 08-22-2014, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X