Ceasar2 signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
    Actually you can set the comment in the control panel on the advanced settings tab. In mt4 the comment appears exactly as: [#2069374] Caesar

[ATTACH=CONFIG]799[/ATTACH]
    Excellent. Is doable then to only close trades with defined text string in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by FxPhil View Post
      Excellent. Is doable then to only close trades with defined text string in them.
      Mate that would be amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
        Mate that would be amazing!
        The best system design solution would be for Tomas or someone else to run the signal as a PAMM. Then the master broker has only to close 1 set of basket trades. The current system is not conducive to growth as the bottleneck may not be broker liquidity so much as broker / signal provider server bandwidth to handle so many small trade closures from 100s or 1,000s of accounts. The MT4 based parallel trader closer tech I developed does help to keep the signal providers in the game a bit longer as it helps to reduce heat from subscribers from time delayed closures causing pip losses.

Flip side is I'm developing another EA to open an opposite direction trade, just after the 1st closure is detected by the MasterCloser EA, to take advantage of the liquidity drawdown / price spike and this effect on price. This is a very tradable and predictable price movement, thanks to all of Tomas' subscribers closing their baskets at almost once.

BasketClose.png

Comment

The best system design solution would be for Tomas or someone else to run the signal as a PAMM. Then the master broker has only to close 1 set of basket trades. The current system is not conducive to growth as the bottleneck may not be broker liquidity so much as broker / signal provider server bandwidth to handle so many small trade closures from 100s or 1,000s of accounts. The MT4 based parallel trader closer tech I developed does help to keep the signal providers in the game a bit longer as it helps to reduce heat from subscribers from time delayed closures causing pip losses.

Flip side is I'm developing another EA to open an opposite direction trade, just after the 1st closure is detected by the MasterCloser EA, to take advantage of the liquidity drawdown / price spike and this effect on price. This is a very tradable and predictable price movement, thanks to all of Tomas' subscribers closing their baskets.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]800[/ATTACH]
          Not necessarily I feel much more comfortable subscribing to signals since I feel like I have more control over my money. Also there's the ability to run multiple signals side-by-side which I really like

Comment

Flip side is I'm developing another EA to open an opposite direction trade, just after the 1st closure is detected by the MasterCloser EA, to take advantage of the liquidity drawdown / price spike and this effect on price. This is a very tradable and predictable price movement, thanks to all of Tomas' subscribers closing their baskets at almost once.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]800[/ATTACH]
            A scalping EA to caplitalise on the short term reversal?

Now that sounds interesting. I doubt it will work, but worth a shot!
            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Hi FxPhil,

Just wondering...are you using the same master slave ea you posted earlier ? or have you upgraded it ?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
                Hi FxPhil,

Just wondering...are you using the same master slave ea you posted earlier ? or have you upgraded it ?

Cheers
                Quite a few updates.

Just got 37.1 pips versus master at 36.6 from latest 3 trade basket close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  A scalping EA to caplitalise on the short term reversal?

Now that sounds interesting. I doubt it will work, but worth a shot!
                  Why your doubts?
                  Beside what FxPhil mentioned, there is an other observation:
                  Very often Tomas' system waits for a strong price movement (or kind of spike) in the desired direction. And then it closes if this move starts to reverse or consolidate. And this system is quite good in that, even when trading during news events. I think it is a good idea to be tested.
                  And Phil, perhaps you can provide your own signal soon :]

Comment

The best system design solution would be for Tomas or someone else to run the signal as a PAMM ... The current system is not conducive to growth as the bottleneck may not be broker liquidity so much as broker / signal provider server bandwidth to handle so many small trade closures from 100s or 1,000s of accounts ...
                    Tomas maintains something like a PAMM, he has private clients.

Regarding the bottleneck, there would be a workaround too:
                    Switching off the hedging function of the trading account an opening a single counter trade to close the whole basket. Implementation would make sense only in the ST receiver EA, otherwise it would start to close the basket step by step in parallel.

Comment

• EA modification request

Hello Will, here are some requests for ST-EA modifications:

1) An option to close all positions of a basket after the first closing signal from the master. I have asked Tomas (and others did that too) if he closes a basket without additional delays. FxPhil tried that already with success and his results make sense absolutely.
                      2) An option to close a whole basket as a single trade request. That calms down the flood of orders ST is confronting MT4, cTrader and the Brokers with. With this option, the trading account must switch off the hedging functionality to make this work.

Nick has 2 test accounts running for Caesar, so these options could be easily tested.

To show you what can happen during the closure of a Caeasr basket, I had a look at the basket which was closed by the master 2014/10/01 17:04:20 - 17:04:24.

Here is what the master did:
                      1) The master set the stop loss for all positions to 1.26077, locking 10 pips profit.
                      2) 30 seconds later he closed the 12 positions without touching the stop loss level.
                      So, for the master it was a perfect trade.

Here is what happened with my ICM-MT4 account:
                      1) The first 6 positions are closed by the ST-EA without problems.
                      2) The remaining 6 positions where closed by stop loss. In parallel the ST-EA tried to close these positions too. That is bad style and keeps MT4 and the broker busy.

Below is an example for a single position copied from the log: The ST-EA tried 3 times to close the position but failed. Finally the position was closed by stop loss (7 pips slippage).

Code:
                      ### open short position ###
                      14:47:54.323 '402867': order sell market EURUSD sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000
                      14:47:54.526 '402867': order was opened : #4986165 sell EURUSD at 1.25919 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000

### set stop loss ###
                      17:03:45.774 '402867': modify order #4986165 sell EURUSD at 1.25919 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000 -> sl: 1.26077 tp: 0.00000
                      17:03:46.008 '402867': order #4986165 sell EURUSD at 1.25919 was modified -> sl: 1.26077 tp: 0.00000

### 1st attempt to close position ###
                      17:04:21.202 '402867': close order #4986165 sell EURUSD at 1.25919 sl: 1.26077 tp: 0.00000 at price 0.00000
                      17:04:21.343 '402867': order #4986165 buy EURUSD closing at 0.00000 failed [Off quotes]

### 2nd attempt to close position ###
                      17:04:21.639 '402867': close order #4986165 sell EURUSD at 1.25919 sl: 1.26077 tp: 0.00000 at price 0.00000
                      17:04:21.748 '402867': order #4986165 buy EURUSD closing at 0.00000 failed [Off quotes]

### 3rd attempt to close position ###
                      17:04:21.873 '402867': close order #4986165 sell EURUSD at 1.25919 sl: 1.26077 tp: 0.00000 at price 0.00000
                      17:04:21.998 '402867': order #4986165 buy EURUSD closing at 0.00000 failed [Off quotes]

### position closed due to stop loss (master closed at 1.26052)###
                      17:04:22.201 '402867': order #4986165 sell EURUSD at 1.25919 closed due stop-loss at price 1.26124

Comment

• The same here. 7 postions closed by the EA and the other 5 positions are closed by hitting the stop loss.
                        Last edited by signalfollower; 10-02-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• The problem is that if I coded in this feature - everyone would turn it on for this signal - and we'd be in the exact same problem.... Everyone would be trying to close the trades out at the same time, market floods and we are back to square one.

It wouldn't be too hard to make the EA close out all trades on a signal - its only logic on the server end, nothing would need to change in the EA.

I'm just not convinced its going to fix any thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillT View Post
                            The problem is that if I coded in this feature - everyone would turn it on for this signal - and we'd be in the exact same problem.... Everyone would be trying to close the trades out at the same time, market floods and we are back to square one.

It wouldn't be too hard to make the EA close out all trades on a signal - its only logic on the server end, nothing would need to change in the EA.

I'm just not convinced its going to fix any thing.
                            Thanks a lot for explaining your point of view.

I think it changes a lot, if not everything.

Situation right now:
                            Tomas' private customers seem to do fine. Delays are in the frame Caesar was designed for. Now Tomas uses SimpleTrader to offer this system to a broader audience. But the issues and technical detailes are your responsibility. Tomas gives some support: He uses a stop loss close to the market just before the baskets close because that locks some profits and prevents these ugly slippages (in theory), but that causes even more problems for ST's customers.

The new situation if EA modifications are implemented and IF they operate as I would expect:
                            ST's customers get ther fills in the same time frame as Tomas' private customers. That would be fair. If these hot discussed issues are still exactly the same, then ALL users would have them and now it is back to Tomas' responsibility. That would make a big difference.
                            Last edited by ralf; 10-02-2014, 06:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• I appreciate what you are saying - but you think its our responsibility to effectively adapt Tomas' strategy? Because by this - you are changing his strategy as if he doesn't close the entire basket, then you will have done.

I am wary about offering the ability to change a signal providers strategy as frankly I don't think thats for us to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillT View Post
                                The problem is that if I coded in this feature - everyone would turn it on for this signal - and we'd be in the exact same problem.... Everyone would be trying to close the trades out at the same time, market floods and we are back to square one.
                                That's exactly what it would get down to, being back to square one.

What ralf and surprisingly, FxPhil, fail to realize is that during the time Caesar2 usually closes a big basket (larger than 10 orders) the market is relatively thin, because it provides support or resistance to a spike in the price that has just occured (this being the observed moment when C2 usually closes a big basket), and that support is usually very thin, so thin that when C2 closes and hundreds of lots flood the market, the price retracts from 5 to 12 pips in the span of a few seconds, regardless on the number of individual orders that come. It is only a matter of volume.

It is a matter of volume. Believe it or not, there are a few million dollars in accounts following C2 (copiers + local accounts). A $1,000 account, 500:1 leverage on a 10-order basket usually has a position of 0.2 lots. One million dollars in followers accounts equals 200 lots = $20M in EURUSD unleveraged. But there are more than one million dollars in followers accounts... so we're getting closer to 1000 lots ... on a thin market. There will be slippage.

That means some accounts are going to get filled at a better price than others. At this point in time, those accounts are hosted by Tomas but for a third of their profit. If Will implements the closing of the whole basket as a single trade, there will still be slippage, because everyone will choose that. Tomas sees this, implements it as a default closing method for all his hosted accounts and ... we are back on square one.

This is a zero-sum game. There is only a limited amount of liquidity at a certain exact price. If Jack gets filled at a better price, Jill will be filled at a worse price, depending on who gets to the pie first. The more subscribers, the more slippage there will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X