Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khybee
    replied
    I am still haven't been able to make any gains. I opted to take the AN trades which are still in DD unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• aloysiuslbc89
    replied
    Sorry to hear that Rev, it can be a good mistake that we can prevent and learn before hand. Nevertheless, I still have faith with the power combine in you and Harsha.
    Cheer up guys! We still have plenty of pips awaiting. ....

Leave a comment:

• robertfx
    replied
    lost all accumulated gains of last 2-3 weeks in last 2 days so i am back to where is started this demo. def not encouraging. rfx

Originally posted by Revpanther View Post
    I don't normally trade on my ipad but today I opened up a market execution order for 2 lots on it on my main trading account and then later I went onto the revpanther-smartpips account to set the sell limit for audchf and hadn't changed the lot size to 0.15. To make matters worse the broker filled 1 order at 1.10 and then another 9 orders at .10. I spoke to them about it and their explanation was that there was only enough liquidity to make a partial fill order at 1.10 and the other 9 orders were executed by a dealer at 0.10 each. Apparently this is extremely rare and only happens on limit orders and not on market execution.

Because of my careless mistake with the lot size I almost reached my maximum allowed tolerance of 15% drawdown as well so closed a couple of trades early.

The valuable lessons learnt today are never to open trades and orders on my ipad and only trade from the terminals in my office. The other lesson is not to set the limit orders in advance to avoid the partial fill order scenario so I will manually enter them from now on. Out of interest has anyone else had this happen to them with limit orders?

All in all an absolute abominal day's trading today with audchf / usd/chf and eur/aud all hitting stop loss. audnzd is still open and starting to fall. Another 100 pip drop will do!

After speaking at length with Harsha, today is a rarity when it seems that everything is going against what all the indicators are showing. The last time this happened with Harsha's signals was back in March which was an extremely tough trading month. We aren't worried in the slightest as these things happen and that is why it's so important to manage the risk and be prepared to take a hard stop. There is never a guarantee that it will turn in your favour. We are looking into adding an additional strategy.

How has everyone else done today?

Leave a comment:

• Okda
    replied
    I thin you can keep using limit orders as long as your lots are small, like the current 0.15
    When he service starts you can set the limits on your account but we don't copy them unless they are triggered on your account and converted to trades, this is in case a client was copying the signal on a big account

Leave a comment:

• Zoli71
    replied
    Duh. I was thinking about to swith to real account today, but changed my mind. Furtunately, because this day I booked a lot DD on my DEMO account.

Leave a comment:

• Revpanther
    replied
    Originally posted by Okda View Post
    Revpanther,

what is wrong with AUDCHF trades? i see 10 trades opened in less than 6 minutes
    I don't normally trade on my ipad but today I opened up a market execution order for 2 lots on it on my main trading account and then later I went onto the revpanther-smartpips account to set the sell limit for audchf and hadn't changed the lot size to 0.15. To make matters worse the broker filled 1 order at 1.10 and then another 9 orders at .10. I spoke to them about it and their explanation was that there was only enough liquidity to make a partial fill order at 1.10 and the other 9 orders were executed by a dealer at 0.10 each. Apparently this is extremely rare and only happens on limit orders and not on market execution.

Because of my careless mistake with the lot size I almost reached my maximum allowed tolerance of 15% drawdown as well so closed a couple of trades early.

The valuable lessons learnt today are never to open trades and orders on my ipad and only trade from the terminals in my office. The other lesson is not to set the limit orders in advance to avoid the partial fill order scenario so I will manually enter them from now on. Out of interest has anyone else had this happen to them with limit orders?

All in all an absolute abominal day's trading today with audchf / usd/chf and eur/aud all hitting stop loss. audnzd is still open and starting to fall. Another 100 pip drop will do!

After speaking at length with Harsha, today is a rarity when it seems that everything is going against what all the indicators are showing. The last time this happened with Harsha's signals was back in March which was an extremely tough trading month. We aren't worried in the slightest as these things happen and that is why it's so important to manage the risk and be prepared to take a hard stop. There is never a guarantee that it will turn in your favour. We are looking into adding an additional strategy.

How has everyone else done today?

Leave a comment:

• The Hobbit
    replied
    Hi, can someone explain exactly what the service offered here is? Is it just one trader? Or is it a collection of traders or random people offering their ideas? Tried understand whats going on but still not sure

Leave a comment:

• harsha
    replied
    Aud Usd (a14)
    Sell1 - 0.9425
    Sell2 - 0.9455
    SL - 0.9485

Gbp Aud (a1)
    Buy1 - 1.8125
    Buy2 - 1.8090
    SL - 1.8060

Aud Cad (a25)
    Sell1 - 1.0110
    Sell2 - 1.0150
    SL - 1.0170
    Last edited by harsha; 07-22-2014, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Revpanther
    replied
    Originally posted by Okda View Post
    Revpanther,

Okda, on the phone to my broker now. Some sort of error. Will keep you updated

Leave a comment:

• Okda
    replied
    Revpanther,

Leave a comment:

• harsha
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoli71 View Post
    EURCAD is weird
    Sorry, its rectified

Eur Cad (a14)
    Buy1 - 1.4500
    Buy2 - 1.4470
    SL - 1.4440

Leave a comment:

• Zoli71
    replied
    EURCAD is weird

Leave a comment:

• harsha
    replied
    Chf Jpy (a3)
    Buy1 - 112.65
    Buy2 - 112.45
    SL - 112.15

Eur Cad (a14)
    Buy1 - 1.4500
    Buy2 - 1.4470
    SL - 1.4440

Cad Chf (a145)
    Sell1 - 0.8390
    Sell2 - 0.8420
    SL - 0.8450
    Last edited by harsha; 07-22-2014, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Revpanther
    replied
    Originally posted by shawntan View Post
    Hey Rev, your myfxbook isn't updating so I was just wondering if you are still in the AN trade
    Hi Shawntan, yes I am still in the AN trade. We have planned to get out of this trade at BE and if absolutely necessary we will hedge our way out. Tomorrow night will be the decider on the final direction this trade is heading in the short term as that is the next RBNZ interest rate decision. They have hiked rates the last 2 meetings and that has seen the Kiwi strengthen. I'm not sure they will tomorrow and not prepared to take a guess.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by shawntan View Post
    Hey Rev, your myfxbook isn't updating so I was just wondering if you are still in the AN trade
    It will probably update when he is actively trading (has his terminal running)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X