Clear All

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied
    Originally posted by ProfBernardo View Post
    Hi Rod,

you are spot on with your statements. So nothing from my side to add or correct.

Regarding your request on the last sentences: The FxPig MAM will likely run with a 30% WCS risk. At that point, everything will be closed out and the system stops automatically - so kind of a black swan stop-out prevention. That 30% cut-off is in the same ballpark as the 35% WCS cut-off of the current ASTA signal (which we are very far away from). So thats a good guideline for you on how likely that event is, when the ASTA signal is only half way of its WCS risk after the recent manual system stop. As the risk on the MAM is pretty high, the annual return target is high as well. Rough target for annual return is approx +100%. Hope that helps in evaluating the opportunities.

Kind regards
    Hi Bernd,

Thanks for info on WCS. I'm impressed that the annual return target is +100%. That is excellent and I think quite an improvement over the existing system, is it not?

You mention that the risk on the MAMM is "Pretty high". Is that in reference to what institutional traders consider high risk, or us retail traders who generally have a much higher risk tolerance?

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SpiderX
    replied
    Hi Prof,

Any reason why the other MAM is at FxPig and not at GlobalPrime ?
    If it is new, perhaps you can consider holding a vote of sorts to seek public opinion of broker preference ?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RedRhinoFX
    replied
    If your system reached WCS, after that does it restart or back to the drawing board?

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied
    Hi Rod,

you are spot on with your statements. So nothing from my side to add or correct.

Regarding your request on the last sentences: The FxPig MAM will likely run with a 30% WCS risk. At that point, everything will be closed out and the system stops automatically - so kind of a black swan stop-out prevention. That 30% cut-off is in the same ballpark as the 35% WCS cut-off of the current ASTA signal (which we are very far away from). So thats a good guideline for you on how likely that event is, when the ASTA signal is only half way of its WCS risk after the recent manual system stop. As the risk on the MAM is pretty high, the annual return target is high as well. Rough target for annual return is approx +100%. Hope that helps in evaluating the opportunities.

Kind regards

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied
    Originally posted by ProfBernardo View Post
    [/LIST]

Just to give you a feeling for the difference in performance of the systems: Think about the pareto principle. This principle is about getting 80% of the return with 20% of the effort. You can see it the same way with these systems. With every bit of usable account balance, you receive a dramatic improvement in performance. We hit that 80-20 threshold at about 100k account size (for now). Larger prop accounts are running on even higher-end systems, but these might be too far off for retail trader copying. That said, there are things going on the background to give even the smallest client accounts the possibility to follow even the biggest account (option 3). That will likely be done through a broker-based MAM, but it gives you almost endless flexibility in terms of your preferred account size. Those, who can afford to run a bigger account, can still stick to the usual signal service.

So please give me your suggestion and tell me, which option you prefer (even if you are currently not subscribed!). That results in a better view of the potential signal market and thus better decision for all of you.
    I have been communicating with Bernd for some time now about getting involved in an Asta MAMM.

A difficulty with this system as I understand it is when you scale down the account sizes from what high net worth clients typically invest you have a much lower profit potential as well as poorer R/R (Bernd please correct me if I misstated this).

So the "Option 3" MAMM that Bernd discussed is really exciting to me! For a very small investment (1k min?) we should get the same account behavior as the people who put 100k in the system. I believe we should see considerably enhanced performance over the presently available system.

I feel this may be a really unique investment opportunities for us 'little guys' (& gals) to invest in the kind of a true 'Institutional grade' system that is typically only available to high net worth clients. I do hope that Bernd will be able to make this available for us!

So Bernd you asked for potential investors preferences. This 'Option 3 MAMM is certainly mine! I would appreciate it though if you could elaborate some on it's potential R/R as well as an profit targets you may have for the system.

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied
    After i have posted this update, the account took a beating and hold losses in ongoing moves, which is completely against its basic principles. So the decision was to close out all trades to limit further losses. In such scenarios you definitely have to look for proper risk management to fight another day. The drawdown on the signal master is now at 18%, which is still quite a bit away from the 35% worst case cut-off limit.

So now we have the following options, as development is going on:

Just to give you a feeling for the difference in performance of the systems: Think about the pareto principle. This principle is about getting 80% of the return with 20% of the effort. You can see it the same way with these systems. With every bit of usable account balance, you receive a dramatic improvement in performance. We hit that 80-20 threshold at about 100k account size (for now). Larger prop accounts are running on even higher-end systems, but these might be too far off for retail trader copying. That said, there are things going on the background to give even the smallest client accounts the possibility to follow even the biggest account (option 3). That will likely be done through a broker-based MAM, but it gives you almost endless flexibility in terms of your preferred account size. Those, who can afford to run a bigger account, can still stick to the usual signal service.

So please give me your suggestion and tell me, which option you prefer (even if you are currently not subscribed!). That results in a better view of the potential signal market and thus better decision for all of you.

Feel free to ask further questions.

Cheers,
    Prof.

P.S This statement will be posted on several sites. That includes Forexsignals.com, Donnaforex.com and the news section of the ASTA signal on simpletrader platform. Another hint for you: Please do not unsubscribe yet, as you currently have a pretty low price. Once you have unsubscribed, you will be taken as a "new" subscriber and thus will likely be seeing an increased subscription price (especially for option 3). That said, you will receive a full refund for every day that the signal is not trading. If you remain to be a subscriber and can not afford to fund a properly sized account, you will have the option to join the broker-based MAM and only pay your subscription without any further MAM fees (performance or volume fee)! This will be the same for clients sitting in the third-party MAM, as their high watermark will be based on the current MAM and thus do not need to pay anything until high watermark.

P.P.S
    You even have the chance to reserve you a seat by subscribing to the current signal and thus lock-in the current price. You will then get access to the new system with the old price. Obviously, as long as there is no signal service running, you will receive a refund for your (new) subscription.

Leave a comment:

• alazarus
    replied
    The VIP traders have 20k+ in general and that would be a good basis to work off. As long as drawdown is managed well I think 20-50k account balances are reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• peeper
    replied
    Yes let us know how it goes.
    I'm personally intrigued by your system and would like to see how it evolves to the best of it's capacity, whether it requires larger funds or not...

Leave a comment:

• alazarus
    replied
    All trades closed?

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sanriopurin
    replied
    There's another reason why I prefer 1000 trades that return 2% than 1 trade that returns the same:

This happened to me, for real I kid you not. Recently (weeks ago) there were 3 closed trades from SmartScalper, can't remember exactly which ones (probably GBPJPY). One losing, one winning (to cover the first losing trade), and the last one is the 'profit trade'.

Lo and behold my VPS went down for literally 10 minutes or so, and I missed that one last trade out of the three. So in this case, let's say it's 3 trades = 2%. I would rather have 1000 trades = 2%, as long as they're not disproportionately martingale'd in terms of lot size (and I believe ASTA will never resort to such things). So if I miss a few, I'd still get the majority of the intended profit.

Leave a comment:

• sanriopurin
    replied
    I do use IC Markets, with rebates. www.forexreward.org

Leave a comment:

Working...
X