No announcement yet.

All Manual System for Forex and CFD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A real shame, I liked them a lot. They just stopped sending out signals/responding to emails without any explanation or warning [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like they started again 2 weeks. I asked them what was going on and they said they had to temporarily suspend all operations and they apologized for it. They sent a few signals so far, there are 2 open trades.

Comment

The problem I repeatedly have with this system is one of money management. As has been mentioned before, the stated R:R is skewed because of the partial closures that are taken, so in my experience a full TP almost never happens (but a full SL does). The other issue I have is that they appear to use variable stop levels to manage risk, but I don't really understand how this can be effective unless you're using fixed lots - which seems unworkable given the number of different pairs traded (each with their own pip value).

Comment

Originally posted by withnail View Post
          The problem I repeatedly have with this system is one of money management. As has been mentioned before, the stated R:R is skewed because of the partial closures that are taken, so in my experience a full TP almost never happens (but a full SL does). The other issue I have is that they appear to use variable stop levels to manage risk, but I don't really understand how this can be effective unless you're using fixed lots - which seems unworkable given the number of different pairs traded (each with their own pip value).
          I'll tell you what I do but I am guessing everyone has different ways of managing the positions. I change the trade size from trade to trade, sometimes I take partials early or exit the trade when I wish. Once the partials are taken it can never be the full SL because of the partials. I asked them a long time ago about the take profits and they answered that they have no intention of carrying the trade in full to the take profit. They usually dont take partials until the trade is in at least 40 - 60 pips profit or if they believe the trade is not going as it should so they take partials with a smaller profit (20 pips for example). About the variable stops do you mean they are not fixed stops? I dont think thats what you meant but some pairs like GBPJPY for example need a bigger stop than EURGBP for example because of the volatility.

They say what they do but I am sure there are many traders like me that do what they want.

Comment

Not the best opening after they started again but not the worst, made some pips over their last jpy analysis. Looks like this week they will have a go at GBP.

Comment

I disagree - I think results have been very poor since the re-start and, as I said before, I cannot find a suitable way to trade these signals due to MM issues. Risking a fixed percentage per signal has lost me a lot of money over the last month. Reluctantly, I'm out - although I will keep watching from the sidelines.

Comment

I disagree - I think results have been very poor since the re-start and, as I said before, I cannot find a suitable way to trade these signals due to MM issues. Risking a fixed percentage per signal has lost me a lot of money over the last month. Reluctantly, I'm out - although I will keep watching from the sidelines.
                Only 2 trades hit the stop so far in forex, 2 closed with some profit (not much, only partials) and 2 trades are open, maybe 3 later. If its not working for you then I agree. I wouldnt use the same lot size if you continue with them, I wrote about it before a while ago. Their worst performance was over 2 years ago in September, since then they are holding.

Comment

This is what ddmarkets had to say on eurusd before the gains, interesting read. https://www.ddmarkets.com/eurusd-bul...16-fx-outlook/

Comment

I dont know how many people use them or whether this will help anyone but I pulled out ddmarkets long GBPJPY now with about +240 pips, its enough for me and there is an interest rate announcement tomorrow in England.

Comment

Well, GBPJPY is in over +300 pips now but I am already out. The other 2 trades that are open, one is in +100 pips, the other is in +50 pips. So the total at the moment is something like +450 pips but for me only +150 because I closed GBPJPY yesterday. Like I told you, ddmarkets always recover from losses so far, their worse performance was in September 2014, you can see that in their track record. I hope you made some money out of it withnail and got your MM right.

Comment

All Manual System for Forex and CFD's

Sod's law but unfortunately I sat this week out whilst I thought about how to trade these signals.... [emoji849]

However, even if I had taken the signals I'm still not sure I would be in profit for March/April. I had three full SLs, and from what I can see there have only been partial TPs in this week's trades so far. Put another way, if you were risking 2% for each of the current signals, would you have made more than 2% from any of them so far?

Originally posted by Timothy24 View Post
                        Well, GBPJPY is in over +300 pips now but I am already out. The other 2 trades that are open, one is in +100 pips, the other is in +50 pips. So the total at the moment is something like +450 pips but for me only +150 because I closed GBPJPY yesterday. Like I told you, ddmarkets always recover from losses so far, their worse performance was in September 2014, you can see that in their track record. I hope you made some money out of it withnail and got your MM right.

Comment

Sod's law but unfortunately I sat this week out whilst I thought about how to trade these signals.... [emoji849]

However, even if I had taken the signals I'm still not sure I would be in profit for March/April. I had three full SLs, and from what I can see there have only been partial TPs in this week's trades so far. Put another way, if you were risking 2% for each of the current signals, would you have made more than 2% from any of them so far?
                          I change the positions size form trade to trade so I can't really answer it. Even I try all the trades are still open, I can only answer that once they are closed. They usually write when they take a risk, which is not many times. If I see they write that I usually take a smaller trade if it helps anything. If you have 3 SL that means gold as well. They dont do very well in gold but there were very few trades in it. The same thing happened a few months ago, they got stopped out by a bit and then it went all the way up.

That Sod's law happens to everyone, its alright. My only suggestion is to trade how you want and use their guidelines when you want, that's what I do.

Comment

Thanks - I like to trade with the same percentage risk each time, so the difficulty I have is knowing when to reduce it.

Originally posted by Timothy24 View Post
                            I change the positions size form trade to trade so I can't really answer it. Even I try all the trades are still open, I can only answer that once they are closed. They usually write when they take a risk, which is not many times. If I see they write that I usually take a smaller trade if it helps anything. If you have 3 SL that means gold as well. They dont do very well in gold but there were very few trades in it. The same thing happened a few months ago, they got stopped out by a bit and then it went all the way up.

That Sod's law happens to everyone, its alright. My only suggestion is to trade how you want and use their guidelines when you want, that's what I do.

Comment

Thanks - I like to trade with the same percentage risk each time, so the difficulty I have is knowing when to reduce it.
                              There are a few things you can do. So far they recovered from every trade that was stopped out so sticking to a fixed percentage will work of itself out if they will continue to recover. You can see all their trades for the past 2 years. The reason why I change the lot size is if that September 2014 month will happen again. Statistically it might happen again at some point. So I give myself a certain range of trade sizes, because I know they dont keep many trades open at the same time it makes it easier. The partials is actually a good strategy in the long-term but many times I exit the trade if I think the price will not keep trading in the way it should. If the price goes down again (assuming the trade was long) I re-enter with a smaller trade size. Most of their trades are in a profit initially like CADCHF for example. Because they use longer time frames then its also for people that dont sit next to the computer all day. If you cant be next the computer watching the trades then try and work out a strategy that suits you. I cant really advice because I dont know your trading style and everyone is different. I hope this was helpful.

Comment

For those that consider joining ddmarkets signals, there are 2 open trades at the moment, both are in a profit with the stop above the entry. If they give any signals its at the daily close so its either later today or on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X