JoePro Hedge Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peeper View Post
    JoePro-Emergency ok thank you for your answer. You're confirming what I was hoping this new strategy was rather than what it appeared to be on the video.

However, if your trend guessing edge is demonstrable through backtesting with one of your EAs as you just did in the video, why not show us some backtests over the last 4 and 10 years and prove indeed how adaptable that EA is already on its own?

I would do that but there are key backup functions missing in this simulation EA that comes from a different EA from different charts that are not time depended to deal with times if a daily candle is longer than 300 400 pips for example. As seen in the in the video there are no pending orders there which means it can't deal with times when price drops sharply 100s of pips and closes 400 pips from open causing a 400 pip zone for example which is something that could never happen in real market with the full system & this would just show a huge DD spike on the chart. That wouldn't be fair to the results. Yes it gets out even in such scenarios but it just looks really bad I think.

The adaptive EA we use in the market isn't time depended and doesn't wait for any candles to close. That's 1 way it completely avoids zone sizes of 300 400 pips including using pending orders based on offline calculations. The pending orders are protection from crashes and are used for a MAX zone size but as said before that is generated from a offline chart that we created ourselves.

Here is an example of 5 year back test and you can see the DD volatility stays very low the entire time until the kind of scenario this functions test EA doesn't have to protect against 300 400 pip zone causing a unusual spike in DD when in reality we would have used this price movement to breakeven the sequence since we don't wait for candles to close to enter hedges. But it does show it can get out of any situation regardless of the zone size. https://gyazo.com/6feaea41f6a71307e358229417f0f36b

This is with 4x risk by the way and even thou the zone size ended up 500 pips it was able to get out of this really fast. You can see all the other times the DD volatility is stay extremely low even at 4x risk. But again please don't use this as a 100% true representation. 1) it's not made to take profit 2) it is ONLY a test EA of adaptive functions and it is missing every other needed component to make the system work correctly. I hate posting results on this because most wont understand what Im even talking about since no one knows the full mechanisms behind the reasoning for entry etc. and why it can't be simulated correctly.

EDIT: It's a 5 yr test because it's based on real tick data that requires A LOT of disc space and a long time to download, extract, convert, etc. Just EJ and GJ 5 yr tick data is almost 100GB https://gyazo.com/6a8721e562fab63f8a6a8acfae19e46d
    Last edited by JoePro-Emergency; 09-17-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoePro View Post
      does it work now?
      It should work now. You would have noticed, we're having an issue with spammers, so we've installed some antispam software that you seem to be getting caught up in.

If your post isn't approved immediately we'll go through and manually approve it. I just wanted to let you know that we're aware of the issue.

Sorry about the confusion.
      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

It should work now. You would have noticed, we're having an issue with spammers, so we've installed some antispam software that you seem to be getting caught up in.

If your post isn't approved immediately we'll go through and manually approve it. I just wanted to let you know that we're aware of the issue.

Sorry about the confusion.
        Hey Nick thx for the info. Hopefully we can keep the spammers out.

Comment

• Most people who have been trading for some time know the European summer ranges are not worth trading. This is a perfect time for the trader and subscribers to take a break. review your strategy, exposure and start again when the volume increases. This would save a lot of traders this hassle and give everyone a break from markets, you don't have to ring every single pip out of the market. It takes time..................
          Unless your strategy is range based or it adapts to the ranges brought about by the lack of volume during this period DONT expose yourself. Its simple. As mentioned before it gives the trader a break and reduces the questions of the strategy, the losses, and the knee jerk reactions this brings...............

Comment

• Originally posted by moneyrunner View Post
            Most people who have been trading for some time know the European summer ranges are not worth trading. This is a perfect time for the trader and subscribers to take a break. review your strategy, exposure and start again when the volume increases. This would save a lot of traders this hassle and give everyone a break from markets, you don't have to ring every single pip out of the market. It takes time..................
            Unless your strategy is range based or it adapts to the ranges brought about by the lack of volume during this period DONT expose yourself. Its simple. As mentioned before it gives the trader a break and reduces the questions of the strategy, the losses, and the knee jerk reactions this brings...............
            You're right. For Eur/jpy depending on the yr the ranging period starts somewhere middle or end of June and resumes again in September. Which makes sense as I mentioned in my video. Western countries have the biggest retail sales for Christmas and all the western countries need to import the most for this quarter starting now. So it is logical that Asian countries need to lower currency to export as much as possible and western countries need to increase currency strength to import. There will be a lot of selling and buying of currency for this time period and will die down again in December.

Middle of December is when we will reduce exposure 3x or stop trading completely so we go clean into Christmas and new yr and resume again after January with 3x reduced exposure and start trading normal again end of January like we did last yr.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoePro-Emergency View Post

EDIT: It's a 5 yr test because it's based on real tick data that requires A LOT of disc space and a long time to download, extract, convert, etc. Just EJ and GJ 5 yr tick data is almost 100GB https://gyazo.com/6a8721e562fab63f8a6a8acfae19e46d

Based on the results you've shown, which show steady profit in diverse treating conditions, you would benefit from showing 10+ years backtests of the different pairs you plan on trading.

We all know what it takes to do backtests, it's a bit of a hassle but nothing compared to the energy you put into being on this forum... And I'm sorry to say but if I had to choose I'd go for a trader that works on trading rather than communication.

I've personally spent hundreds of hours backtesting all kinds of systems, as many others in this community, and showing consistent profit over long periods would be impressive to many and prove your point with adaptability. Especially knowing that other EAs are there to fine tune your main, functioning one, and that we can expect better results than on those backtests.

And btw, if this EA works with bar entry points, you don't need tick data you just need data without holes in it, and backtesting entry points only is very fast.

EDIT: And if you do so, pls attach zip files of the html results.
              Last edited by peeper; 09-18-2017, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Based on the results you've shown, which show steady profit in diverse treating conditions, you would benefit from showing 10+ years backtests of the different pairs you plan on trading.

We all know what it takes to do backtests, it's a bit of a hassle but nothing compared to the energy you put into being on this forum... And I'm sorry to say but if I had to choose I'd go for a trader that works on trading rather than communication.

I've personally spent hundreds of hours backtesting all kinds of systems, as many others in this community, and showing consistent profit over long periods would be impressive to many and prove your point with adaptability. Especially knowing that other EAs are there to fine tune your main, functioning one, and that we can expect better results than on those backtests.

And btw, if this EA works with bar entry points, you don't need tick data you just need data without holes in it, and backtesting entry points only is very fast.

EDIT: And if you do so, pls attach zip files of the html results.
                Again, the EA used to show adaptive hedging is NOT taking profit it is ONLY and I mean ONLY able to simulate adaptive hedging & what it looks like. ALL we can derive from the back test is what adaptive hedging looks like using only limited information & that it can get out of any situation. For our real market trading we are using 2 different offline charts that are not time depended (like a renko chart + self coded chart) for entry, direction, trend statistical analysis and a normal chart for entering the market & more trend analysis. There are 3 EAs communicating with each other from different charts each performing a very specific function with the data from the offline charts that is required for the system to fully work. The system is not back-testable, we have bought all kinds of charting packages to try to backtest it somehow, created our own charts, it is impossible. We're trading only GJ for now as I am going over the risk management of GA, Gold, GN & GC.

I am trying to download 10yrs of GJ data but it's not working and brokers don't keep real data for 10yrs since it costs A LOT of resources for them to keep such data for every pair: https://gyazo.com/f1facbc68f884c5dba0d39eac3b5dc60

As far as communications: the EAs trade and I watch over everything to make sure there are no problems. I have already spend over 15k hours building my system and testing it (2 yrs without a single day off) + 3 yrs of real market trading with real money. I have a book of all the improvements we want to incorporate into the strategy that we are still working on, so I am doing improvements ALL the time. I have 3 monitors, 2 of them I use for watching the EAs trade and 1 of them I can use to do other things. For example, research, communication with clients, working on the web site, writing up business plans etc.

I want to remind you why there are so many videos in the last 2 months. It's related to the draw down of EJ. From the start I wanted to do the exact opposite from what we have seen other providers do. They post all the time when they are making profits, as soon as in DD they stop responding until they crash the entire account and the accounts of their clients. Too many times clients have been left in the dark not knowing anything about what's going on and what the plan is. I put myself in the shoes of the clients & I said from day 1 when we are in draw down I will post more videos, update all the time to let clients know what the next possible steps are etc. I will never be a coward and leave all my paying clients in the dark, scared and worried not knowing what the next steps are. You can't judge a trade just based on results, you have to judge him also on his trading process which is something almost everyone is hiding for some odd reason.

Many people joined me exactly for that reason and I will & I easily can, deliver on my promise. Now that we are not in a floating draw down, there is no need to update every day or every other day. In the future should we end up in a 10% floating draw down I will again, devote time letting people know what's going on and what to expect until we are out of it.

Sorry for the long post lol I feel like there might be some confusion about the posts leading up to this one.

EDIT: damn sorry, really didn't want to write a novel as a response.
                Last edited by JoePro; 09-18-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• There is no confusion on my side anymore. You've been pretty clear though maybe it's good to restate everything in one post for others to see. (I've seen some traders put links to such posts in their first post of the forum for easy reference in the future.)

However, you recently showed a picture of backtests over that one specific aspect of your system that can be backtested, finding excuses to do it over 5 years only. I'm just saying that showing it over a longer period would be beneficial to you because many of us are sophisticated in this regard, and what you showed was enlightening already. If you don't know how to do long backtests, feel free to ask.

Comment

• Joe already wrote the backtest you saw are just basic tests which don't have all parameters in it. It is the same as you would buy a car that is basic, without all extra equipement and test run it. It would finish the race, but it wouldn't show all potential it has fully equipped...

Comment

• I don't like not to be misunderstood or be portrayed as lacking the ability to understand, based on the misreading of my posts for too long. I'm just suggesting that whatever can be backtested could be presented, and I'm saying this based on the amazing backtest that was presented already, in full knowledge that the EAs synergetic behavior is more refined and gives better results, and knowing that some of us here come from hard core EA testing communities.

Now if one doesn't want to do that, I'm fine with it and don't need silly excuses for it. One can just say so and move on.
                      Last edited by peeper; 09-18-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I don't like not to be misunderstood or be portrayed as lacking the ability to understand, based on the misreading of my posts for too long. I'm just suggesting that whatever can be backtested could be presented, and I'm saying this based on the amazing backtest that was presented already, in full knowledge that the EAs synergetic behavior is more refined and gives better results, and knowing that some of us here come from hard core EA testing communities.

Now if one doesn't want to do that, I'm fine with it and don't need silly excuses for it. One can just say so and move on.
                        It makes sense, I am still downloading the data that's available but from the looks of it there is going to be a lot of big holes. https://gyazo.com/9366d01499f835ffd0f1350e54050191
                        lol this is over 100GB data download and much bigger extracted. Hopefully it's something useful. As you see I am not making excuse why not to do it, the problem is where do you get 10yrs+ real tick data for mt4 without holes?

I just wanted to be very clear why the back tests don't represent the system in full and why we can only test functions in back tester and nothing more. Thank you for your input by the way, really appreciate it.

Comment

• Ok, I've not done this in a while, but here are good enough data sets already:

The Historical Data Feed provides historical price data for variety of financial instruments (e.g. Forex, Commodities and Indices).    ...

I'm going to ask a couple ppl what are the current best quality data sets available atm and get back to you. It could come from service providers for a fee, or from mixing different brokers data sets to fill holes.

Am I right to think you work candle entry prices and don't need tick data, and what time frame do you want to work on?

Comment

• test..
                            test..
                            test..

Comment

• Sorry posting was blocked.

Websites with good enough data:
                              Forex Tester is a software that simulates trading in the Forex market, so you can learn how to trade profitably, create, test and refine your strategy for manual and automatic trading.

Download quality tick data from free data sources (one is currently provided, additional plugins are in development). Centralise your data in one place. Tickstory currently supports storage of data in a highly compressed zip format with additional formats in development. View your data via charts and data inspectors to ensure the data is as you

Brokers:

The Historical Data Feed provides historical price data for variety of financial instruments (e.g. Forex, Commodities and Indices).    ...

If you don't find what you need, I'll ask a couple ppl what the best available data sets are atm, because I've not done any testing in a little while.

Am I right to think you don't need tick data because you use bar entry price? What time frame do you work on?

Comment

test..
                                test..
                                test..
                                are you blocked too now?

Comment

Working...
                                X