Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry posting was blocked.

Websites with good enough data:
    Forex Tester is a software that simulates trading in the Forex market, so you can learn how to trade profitably, create, test and refine your strategy for manual and automatic trading.

Download quality tick data from free data sources (one is currently provided, additional plugins are in development). Centralise your data in one place. Tickstory currently supports storage of data in a highly compressed zip format with additional formats in development. View your data via charts and data inspectors to ensure the data is as you

Brokers:

The Historical Data Feed provides historical price data for variety of financial instruments (e.g. Forex, Commodities and Indices).    ...

If you don't find what you need, I'll ask a couple ppl what the best available data sets are atm, because I've not done any testing in a little while.

Am I right to think you don't need tick data because you use bar entry price? What time frame do you work on?

Comment

• Hello Joe! I appreciate your transparency and I am sorry to read about the EA mistake. However, I do not understand why you didn't reopen the trades? We would probably have been out with no loss by now. As a paying signal subscriber I pay for your professionalism and for you to handle all situations. This was not a professional move. Have you considered a refund for this months fee?

Comment

• Sorry posting was blocked.

Websites with good enough data:
        Forex Tester is a software that simulates trading in the Forex market, so you can learn how to trade profitably, create, test and refine your strategy for manual and automatic trading.

Download quality tick data from free data sources (one is currently provided, additional plugins are in development). Centralise your data in one place. Tickstory currently supports storage of data in a highly compressed zip format with additional formats in development. View your data via charts and data inspectors to ensure the data is as you

Brokers:

The Historical Data Feed provides historical price data for variety of financial instruments (e.g. Forex, Commodities and Indices).    ...

If you don't find what you need, I'll ask a couple ppl what the best available data sets are atm, because I've not done any testing in a little while.

Am I right to think you don't need tick data because you use bar entry price? What time frame do you work on?

Comment

• Originally posted by PontusLSE View Post
          Hello Joe! I appreciate your transparency and I am sorry to read about the EA mistake. However, I do not understand why you didn't reopen the trades? We would probably have been out with no loss by now. As a paying signal subscriber I pay for your professionalism and for you to handle all situations. This was not a professional move. Have you considered a refund for this months fee?
          He already explained why he didn't reopen. If the EJ would retrace than you would be angry at him for reopening. Also why don't you move to PAM if you don't wan't to pay for the subscription? There are no fees if he doesn't make back to HWM, plus you will be 100% sure all trades are copied as they need to, no slippages there. Not all month's can be profitable, what would you say if he closed at 30% loss? This is still as normal trading... If you would like to pay trader only when profits are made than you need to move to MAM or PAM... I have small account and for me this is better option than signal, plus I don't have to worry about VPS, simpletrader being connected, slippage...

Comment

• My apologies but can someone say whether we can see my post with "Websites with good enough data:..." now?

Comment

• Originally posted by peeper View Post
              My apologies but can someone say whether we can see my post with "Websites with good enough data:..." now?
              I see it now lol did you also get the same issue I had in the middle of the worst possible situation? I will take a look at these web sites see what I can come up with. I do need real tick data not just open low high and close information.

I am running the conversion of the downloaded real tick data from dukascopy and so far it's showing a ton of missing hours https://gyazo.com/6aefd550a6b820caaac85ac60d228f71

Last edited by JoePro; 09-18-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Yes I was unable to post for a while too.

Using the websites I linked should help with holes as service providers usually fill the gaps, but you need to check for yourself as I don't have the time in the next few days.

Comment

• I bought Tick Data Suite a few months ago after getting fed up with managing the tick data manually - It seems to work really well, it's cheap and I think there's a couple of week demo to try it out with.

It does still get gaps in the data (I use the dukascopy option), but that seems to be a download issue, as clicking on the 're-scan symbol' option fixes it up. I like the way it keeps track of what's been downloaded, and just fills in the gaps when you need more data.

Everything you need to make your Metatrader 4 backtests accurate, get 99% modeling quality and to immediately spot which expert advisor is worth your time.

Ps, Also it uses much less space, I have at least 9 Pairs going back to 2003, and it's only taking up 10Gb.
                  Last edited by Westie; 09-18-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Peeper,

Posting the exact same post several times in a row will make the software think you're a spam bot.

If it's not being approved and you want it posted immediately please jump on live chat support and we'll approve it for you. Otherwise, rest assured we'll get to it within a few hours.
                    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Hi Joe

Just trying to figure out the new double EA. This week of the 8 trades opened and closed. 7 have been 0.03 and 1 has been 0.01. So is the 0.01 a different EA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                        Hi Joe

Just trying to figure out the new double EA. This week of the 8 trades opened and closed. 7 have been 0.03 and 1 has been 0.01. So is the 0.01 a different EA?
                        Ignore the 0.01 lot trade. All of them will continue to be 0.03 lots. I imported the settings from the PAM and in the PAM it used 0.01 lots but I changed it back to match the account size that's why it only opened 1x 0.01 lots. The EA auto calculates the lot sizes based on account size 0.01 lots/5k for each level. In the current case because we have 13,670CHF it rounds up and it becomes 0.03 lots per 5th.

Here is a screen shot from the settings of the EA https://gyazo.com/242b15303c3deb8e2f821fe3c09da09e

Comment

• Joe
                          can you tell us where you are from?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidkalugin View Post
                            Joe
                            can you tell us where you are from?
                            As in what nationality I am?

Comment

• Yes well I'm from USA so just wondering

or time zone
                              Last edited by davidkalugin; 09-19-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidkalugin View Post
                                Yes well I'm from USA so just wondering

or time zone
                                Ah Well I was raised and grew up in DFW Texas but currently live Germany so GMT+2

Comment

Working...
                                X