No announcement yet.

Satang FX Signal/MAM - minkw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got a reply from IC markets as below, this is the reason the master is not connected

Kindly inform that the market is closed for trading till Tuesday due to the weekend and holidays.

All servers are under maintenance possibly till tomorrow. Unfortunately, you won't be able to login to your live account till the maintenance is completed.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Diana Smith | Customer Support Supervisor | IC Markets

Comment

Originally posted by minkw View Post
      i got a reply from IC markets as below, this is the reason the master is not connected

Kindly inform that the market is closed for trading till Tuesday due to the weekend and holidays.

All servers are under maintenance possibly till tomorrow. Unfortunately, you won't be able to login to your live account till the maintenance is completed.
      Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Diana Smith | Customer Support Supervisor | IC Markets
      Thanks minkw .

Comment

Hi All,

December and 2017 update,

December was another profitable month, the master achieved 3.06% while the mam running at 1.5 x risk achieved 4.59%

We almost broke even for the month/year so current dd for the master is .16% and .28% for the mam, so I am pleased with this result hence the fact we endured dd throughout November,

Current open positions are well placed with minimal exposure and leverage, the master is a bit over 1:2 so nothing to worry about,

For the year 2017 gain was 30.34%, being an average return of 3.06% per month, with max dd being 6.55%,

I would like to thank my 18 simpletrader subscribers for your support and people in the mam,

Anyway, wishing everyone the best for 2018!

Kind Regards,

Satang FX / minkw

Comment

Hi Minkw,

Firstly, Happy New Year to you and your family.

In regard to your signal service, I joined in early November and finally decided during this break to have a specific look at my total results from your signal. I'm using Risk 1 and after casually viewing your trades every couple of days since November it seemed to me that the profit on most of the individual trades was quite small and I thought that after paying the sub fee I would be lucky to break even. Boy, was I wrong. Based on the total profitability of my copied trades, at this stage, your signal has returned 3.5 times the cost of the sub with minimal/manageable DD and with another 2 weeks to go before renewal. I could not be happier. Your communication to we subs has been excellent and I am looking forward to the coming year trading with you.

All the best
          Pete

Comment

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your kind words,

Yes lot size is small so the profit on the individual trades is not much, as I don't use much leverage, however the strategy is generally quite active and looks for entry's on multiple time frames,

While I could use larger lot sizes and achieve greater monthly gains, it's not an option for me to consider as risk management is paramount,

I've seen many other traders bank insane returns even with low dd, yet they all tend to blow up or go into heavy drawdown eventually

I'm glad that my signal has been profitable for you and I think communication with my subscriber's and mam investor's is important, especially when in drawdown.

My plans for this year is to still generate a 2-3% monthly return but not to break the historic drawdown of 6.55%

Thanks for being a subsciber and wishing you all the best for the new year,

On a personal note I had a few to many drinks last night and cannot remember much lol, I'm still a bit hungover!

Wishing you and your family a happy new year!

Best Regards

Satang FX / minkw
            Last edited by minkw; 01-01-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

Important update below

Over the comming days/weeks you may recieve a notification from SimpleTrader that the master has been disconnected,

This is because I have a brand spanking new fresh off the factory line, shiney VPS with lots of cores lots of HD space and lots of juicy ram! It's running the latest
              ​ ​
              ​datacentre
              server edition with a few add ons, I've pretty much gone all out, as I don't want to think about upgrading my VPS for the next few years,

I'm currently trying to close out all current positions before I migrate everything over to the new VPS,
              ​ usd cad was almost closed, the close all tp was at 1.25960! then the market gapped lower! I was actually predicting a gap higher so we could have been out, ​but alas! the forex gods were against us.

I have halted trading the aud nzd, and am considering perhaps taking a small loss on our current open positions, however probably will try to average out as the
              ​thought
              of taking a loss so early in the new year won't portray a great start for us.

I was considering closing out everything last month/year with minimal loss, however I had two new subscriber's, near the end of the month and didn't want them to be hit with loss
              ​ as soon as they subscribed.​

The current VPS is somewhat ok, but a tad bit old and clunky and needs to be retired as I'm running multiple mt4 platforms, local fxblue trade copiers left right and centre and mam terminals, also an additional USD mam will soon be available, so currently Im pushing the limit of my current VPS,

Downtime should only be a day or so, however I will endeavor to migrate everything across as quickly as possible, this also has to be done during open market
              ​ hours
              as I will need to test and ensure trades are executed properly
              ​and at designated risk multipliers ​
              across multiple accounts, mam, SimpleTrader sender EA, etc

So you might see perhaps one or two random
              ​immediate ​
              open close positions in your account, this will be me testing to ensure everything is working fine, please don't worry as I will try to ensure these test trades result in profit or at least break-even, and worse case scenario very very very minimal loss,

I will also post another update when I plan on disconnecting the master,

On a personal note I'm dreading the thought of the​ migration process as it's going to be painstakingly annoying installing everything from scratch, finding all logins, passwords, licenses etc,

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good NYE, I personally had a bit to few many drinks and still somewhat recovering, I'm definitely no spring chicken anymore and my poor old body needs to catch up with my young of the heart mind!

Best Regards,

Satang FX / minkw
              Last edited by minkw; 01-02-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

omg, I just posted an important update about this signal, and it got flagged as spam, ive sent an email to support and left a message on that live chat thing to ask for it to be approved, should be up soon,

I really should have saved a copy of the post somewhere, guess will need to do that for any future post..

Comment

Originally posted by minkw View Post
                  omg, I just posted an important update about this signal, and it got flagged as spam, ive sent an email to support and left a message on that live chat thing to ask for it to be approved, should be up soon,

I really should have saved a copy of the post somewhere, guess will need to do that for any future post..
                  Welcome to the spam post club...

Seriously I think they should have a way to exempt regular users from being screened for spam, their spam bot is getting ridiculously annoying for proper users like us who are just editing our own posts..

Comment

Hey Jimmy I totally agree, I didn't even put any links in the body of the post and yet it was flagged as spam, I made one edit to fix grammar and it got flagged!

the post was quite long and I didnt save a copy and I dont really want to re type everything again, I really think Nick should have some system whereby legitimate users dont get flagged by the system,

__

On another note to my subs and mam investors, the post that was flagged was about me closing out positions so I can upgrade and migrate everything to a new VPS, the post should be up soon, if its not up in the next few hours I will harass the support team again,

Comment

Originally posted by kmf

Does that mean we're gonna have to take a loss on all those open trades?
                      Hi kmf,

Read his update again as he has already explained what he will be trying to do.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by petermatt View Post

Hi kmf,

Read his update again as he has already explained what he will be trying to do.

Pete
                        His update wasn't posted when i posted that message. As he stated, his update was flagged as spam and was not posted until later.

Comment

Personally I'm good with closing the open trades as soon as possible.

It gives you the whole month to get back into positive equity - it's just psychologically easier to not have losing months.

Comment

Hi all,

Not going to close out with loss,

Will either scale or average out over the coming days/weeks,

Probably won't add any extra positions unless we see a considerable move against us,

Best Regards

Satang FX / minkw

ps, I'm tempted to fix that previous post as some of the text is out of alignment however if I touch it I know it will be flagged as spam and deleted again so I can't be bothered,

i have a feeling the support staff need to manually approve the post and they somewhat copy paste it somewhere hence the text/paragraphs are out of whack

Comment

Defo keep us informed when you are done as I will connect my account once it's all moved over. I was waiting until mid January anyways as I have been lazy to go through an analyze all the trading thus far.

Comment

Hey BRM,

Yes will do,

On another note please check your pm, as I know you have subscribed but not yet connected for about a month, I would glady like to refund/send you payment, for December, as I feel you should not be paying for a service whereby your not receiving any benefit,

Kind Regards,

Satang FX / minkw

Comment

Working...
                                X