SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys,

Trading has opened up lately with a little more volatility and some unexpected moves - which always creates the best trades. This is the kind of action I've been missing and was hoping would come back so it's good to see.

Just to give a little perspective. This type of action used to show up regularly back in 2008-2011 and would've been considered average. I wouldn't consider this week really good except in the last year and a half or so. One example would be back in January 2015 which had a week that was at least three times as good. Just goes to show how much market environments vary over time.

Let's hope the action keeps up. Cheers

Comment

• Came here just to see what is being offered and I am underwhelmed. A managed account with over 10% DD and 1.3% average monthly profit is terrible. Made a small profit this week and everyone is so excited. Not impressed at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by fxtradefx
        Came here just to see what is being offered and I am underwhelmed. A managed account with over 10% DD and 1.3% average monthly profit is terrible. Made a small profit this week and everyone is so excited. Not impressed at all.
        Good chat. You've obviously done lots of research. We don't need you to be impressed. Google BTC it sounds more to your liking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
          Good chat. You've obviously done lots of research. We don't need you to be impressed. Google BTC it sounds more to your liking.
          So you are the authority that supervises this thread? I mean, its a public forum for people to express their opinions. Or maybe I am wrong?
          I came here because I received information that here are some good managed accounts but all I can see is below average and I pointed it out.
          Dont worry, I have done my research but obviousy you didnt if you think that this is a good account;-) If you did you could find you at least 5 accounts that perform better than SteadyCapture in a matter of 20 min. You can simply go to myfxbook and find better accounts there.

Comment

• Originally posted by fxtradefx View Post

So you are the authority that supervises this thread? I mean, its a public forum for people to express their opinions. Or maybe I am wrong?
            I came here because I received information that here are some good managed accounts but all I can see is below average and I pointed it out.
            Dont worry, I have done my research but obviousy you didnt if you think that this is a good account;-) If you did you could find you at least 5 accounts that perform better than SteadyCapture in a matter of 20 min. You can simply go to myfxbook and find better accounts there.

Comment

• My post was a reply to Big River Mans arrogant post. Your reply is very different and makes sense.
              I was just trying to say that I have heard about ForexSignals and that they offer good managed accounts, got excited about it just to find out that its not nearly good as advertised. I think that they could find much better traders than this and offer a better product, it really doesnt take a lot of work to find these traders.

You say that Nick is trustworthy. That may be the case but if he says that the managed accounts ForexSignals offer are good, I would not really trust his judgement. If he really thinks this is the best and safest way to make money in FX, then I really doubt they know what they are doing.
              Its just my opinion...

Comment

• Originally posted by SteadyCapture
                Thanks guys,

Trading has opened up lately with a little more volatility and some unexpected moves - which always creates the best trades. This is the kind of action I've been missing and was hoping would come back so it's good to see.

Just to give a little perspective. This type of action used to show up regularly back in 2008-2011 and would've been considered average. I wouldn't consider this week really good except in the last year and a half or so. One example would be back in January 2015 which had a week that was at least three times as good. Just goes to show how much market environments vary over time.

Let's hope the action keeps up. Cheers
                Great trading Steady

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Comment

My post was a reply to Big River Mans arrogant post. Your reply is very different and makes sense.
                  I was just trying to say that I have heard about ForexSignals and that they offer good managed accounts, got excited about it just to find out that its not nearly good as advertised. I think that they could find much better traders than this and offer a better product, it really doesnt take a lot of work to find these traders.

You say that Nick is trustworthy. That may be the case but if he says that the managed accounts ForexSignals offer are good, I would not really trust his judgement. If he really thinks this is the best and safest way to make money in FX, then I really doubt they know what they are doing.
                  Its just my opinion...

Last edited by Neptune; 10-29-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Its just my opinion...

Hi FXtradefx,

You're coming in at the tail end of a 6 year journey. On this journey our one and only mission is to make money trading the forex market.

You're right that there are strategies on myfxbook, zulutrade, mql5, signalstart, darwinex, ect that have delivered far greater returns over the past year or two. No doubt.

However.

And this is the kicker....

They won't be here in 2 years from now, let alone 5.

How do I know this?

Because I've been around the block more than a few times over the past 6 years. I've, vetted, invested with, partnered with, collaborated with, interviewed, hundreds, if not thousands of traders since we started here.

In the process I've lost and made hundreds of thousands of dollars.

During this process one thing has become clear...

Making money in the market is really freaking hard!

You talk about seeing superior strategies on Myfxbook. How many have a track record exceeding five years? I'd be surprised if you found a single one...

Anyone can get lucky for a year, some even ride their luck for a few years (check out FX Viper), but only a true professional can make money over the long term and generate life changing amounts of money over the course of 5-10 years. And that's what I'm about.

I also know this...

You're reading my post right now thinking you know better, and that's ok.

But when all else fails, don't forget us. Because we'll still be here, churning out market beating returns and making a shit load of money for our clients.

I look forward to welcoming you on board when that day comes.

Until then...

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by fxtradefx

My post was a reply to Big River Mans arrogant post. Your reply is very different and makes sense.

Its just my opinion...

Please jump off the morale high horse.
                      Your first post in this community was the most arrogant comment yet!? Gotta love double standards.
                      Anyhow listen to the other replies they are most definitely more constructive.

Comment

You can simply go to myfxbook and find better accounts there.
                        I don't know your level of experience, but there are a few ways MyFxBook can be gamed, and I suspect outright fraud is very very possible. Tread carefully.

Quite frankly something similar applies to young signal providers here too. Scammers and well meaning traders will show up all the time, and look outstanding, but be unable to deliver in the long run.

Take it from a few grizzled veterans here, who bear the scars of accounts blowing up, long sustained drawdown well in excess of returns, and the kiss of death where traders who were doing well for months choke suddenly: safety in the storm is paramount to sleeping well at night and surviving this game in the long term.

SC's over recent *time* (emphasis) hasn't been stellar, but that is a reflection on the market rather than him. His performance as a money manager seems very good to me, and I am happy to let him bide his time.

In fact, I'm probably going to turn my risk multiplier. He's earned more of my trust.

Good hunting.
                        Last edited by idempotent; 10-30-2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Please let me introduce a new colleague of mine here at ForexSignals.com and Think Huge Ltd, Nick Lancaster!

Nick is helping us manage the SteadyCapture MAM's. So if you have any questions and want to have a chat with a real person on the phone, he's your man.

Alternatively, if you're in Vienna anytime, I'm sure he'll buy you a beer.

Don't stress, I'm not going anywhere. It's just that we're getting to a stage where it's difficult for me to manage some of the day to day stuff, so I need some extra help.

Comment

• I do agree that 5 years is a long time and its a positive that a trader can sustain profits consistently during that period. I disagree with your statement that 1 or 2 years can just be luck. If an account is traded regularly, then you cant be lucky for a year or two, there is no way. Of course I am talking about consistent performances not the ones that make 100% in one month and 1% for the other 11 months...

I know Fx Viper, have known his trading for years and it was clear from the start that its a terrible strategy and thats why I didnt invest. Its a really bad example and if someone needs more than 3 months to assess that strategy, then I seriously doubt their ability to recognize a good trader. What is happening now was predictable and just a matter of time.

Looking at the SC history, there is a possibility of the same thing happening as its happening to Viper right now. It already happened in July 2015 and could have easily happened at the end of last year when equity was down almost 10% for 2 whole months. This was a 50:50 proposition and you were lucky you got out without a loss. It keeps happening again and again and it is just a matter of time before you will be on the wrong side of things and July 2015 will repeat itself or worse. There were other times that this was the issue but I dont want to pile on.

I dont need 5 years of trading history to make a good assessment (SC has 4 years btw). You are correct, there are accounts that perform better and can be found on myfxbook or other similar sites. You are also correct in saying that most of those accounts are not going to survive. My point is that you dont need to invest with an account that has as bad calmar ratio as SC.

You can find systems that will bring you say 5% monthly on 10% max DD. Its true that this is probably not sustainable for 5 years but I would rather risk a max of 10%, have a few months of 5% profits and then move on. SC has a risk 13%+ and 5 years of 1.3% monthly profit with SC. Actually, does SC even have an equity stop in place? If it doesnt, then the whole account is at risk at all times.
                            Last edited by fxtradefx; 10-30-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys, great to be here!

I look forward to answering your questions about all aspects related to our MAM offering, account set-up, our risk management protocols and all things Steadycapture!

I am getting up to speed on the finer details of operations, but if I don't know the answer I'll get it for you!

You can also reach me via nick.lancaster@thinkhuge.net or jump on chat during the European/Early US session.

And of course, if you are ever passing through Vienna..... I won't shout you a Beer......but I will definitely shout you a Peach Schnapps!

Comment

Actually, does SC even have an equity stop in place? If it doesnt, then the whole account is at risk at all times.
                                Yes... but it's an actual stop. Not just a theoretical equity stop, which is really just a promise, which doesn't mean shit because you can't trust anyone to do what they say when the chips are down in this industry. If I had a dollar for every time a trader has exceeded their "maximum equity drawdown" I'd probably have... like.... $110, or something.

The fact you don't know this very obvious fact, indicates to me that you've spent significantly longer writing your posts than you have investigating SteadyCapture's strategy.

Whereas my colleagues, learned clients and I have probably invested a combined 100,000hrs watching and analyzing this strategy over the years.

Like I said, we'll see you when the time comes. Because at some stage you'll either quit out of frustration, or realise we're speaking the truth and get involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X