SteadyCapture Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post

They said it was tested, so yes I believe Nick saw the results otherwise he wouldn't recommend it. The system is traded only few times a year, not on daily basis and it was supposed to bring extra 5-10% of profit per year nothing more. The main profit is generated by the system Jay is trading since day one...
    Ok, you believe him. So why is he not showing the tests even though he was asked to provide the proof many times? If he had them, he would have shown them too.

And please tell me why he didnt mention that they expected slippage before yesterday? How do you explain Nick covering that up?

Comment

• Come on Jay! Nice first recovery trade!

Comment

• Game over for ForexSignals! The only signal you left that trade like an amateur!

Comment

• I wonder why these investors did not get the 1 winning trade. They have several accounts running, but this is one of them...just about 11% loss in a few minutes. Clearly something went wrong, I am simply sharing an image from 1 of their many myfxbook accounts as it appears those following SC all seem to have different results and this one looks like it is the worst.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• The worst slippage probably comes from people using the signal. Forexsignals is great for normal market situations, but for trading during news the delay is probably too much. I assume the master account is in NY? Then the positions have to be send via the sender EA to forexsignals servers (in UK?) and from there to the client, which might again be in NY or Tokyo. Maybe some tech guy could comment on how long the delay usually is. It might even be seconds.
            Last edited by corni; 03-22-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Can we stop blaming SC or ForexSignals. You are responsible for your own financial decisions.

Let's be honest here. All those that are still subscribed to SC lack brain cells. Especially after the 20% loss within a month.

Those that have signed up for this Gold Strategy are even more stupid and thick then a man addicted to crack. One idiot lost 21k on this Gold Strategy. He deserves it for choosing to be thick. How can you commit large capital to an unproven system?

I would be interested to know the thought processes of all those that choose to continue to risk their capital and give chances to a failed trader. Are you guys hanging on because he is a nice guy or because you feel sorry for him or because Nick says so or because you think he can succeed. I am curious.. The guy had wiped out two years worth of profits in a month. what's there to think about

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason Gospodarek View Post
                I wonder why these investors did not get the 1 winning trade. They have several accounts running, but this is one of them...just about 11% loss in a few minutes. Clearly something went wrong, I am simply sharing an image from 1 of their many myfxbook accounts as it appears those following SC all seem to have different results and this one looks like it is the worst.
                Its because of slippage. Each account had different slippage which was to be expected because the trades were opened in the middle of a high impact event. Every experienced trader knows that slippage is unavoidable in circumstances like this and it is compounded by copying. This is simply a trader who doesnt know what he is doing and not caring about his subscribers. Today Nick said they expected slippage but he didnt mention it before when he was explaining the new strategy. I wonder why he didnt do that?

Nothing complicated here, just a stupid way to trade and purely traders fault. Slippage is not an excuse, they should have known that this had a high probability of happening and this strategy is not appropriate for copying. If the same strategy is used in the future, this will keep happening.

And why didnt they publish any test results? They said that the strategy was tested so they must have them. Its crazy how naive people are to still believe whatever they are told by Nick and Jay.
                Last edited by Xinvestor; 03-22-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balboa View Post
                  Can we stop blaming SC or ForexSignals. You are responsible for your own financial decisions.

Let's be honest here. All those that are still subscribed to SC lack brain cells. Especially after the 20% loss within a month.

Those that have signed up for this Gold Strategy are even more stupid and thick then a man addicted to crack. One idiot lost 21k on this Gold Strategy. He deserves it for choosing to be thick. How can you commit large capital to an unproven system?

I would be interested to know the thought processes of all those that choose to continue to risk their capital and give chances to a failed trader. Are you guys hanging on because he is a nice guy or because you feel sorry for him or because Nick says so or because you think he can succeed. I am curious.. The guy had wiped out two years worth of profits in a month. what's there to think about

You have to know that most people here are not professional investors or traders. They trusted Nick to know what he is talking about. There is even one post where he is practically begging a guy to give them another chance, it was just a few days ago It is definitely FS and SC fault that this happened. This was a stupid strategy to start with and should have never been used. I wrote about it last week but was told that I am not constructive.

This trader should have been cut a long time ago by Nick. Nick has/had a lot of power over many people over here and they trusted him to work in their best interest so they did what he told them to do. Just go back and read his posts, anyone who dared to criticize the trading was banned or attacked by the community. Thats also one of the reasons that everyone had so much faith in this system. Its a big problem when the forum is moderated too much and posts that point out the systems faults are deleted. Now that shit hit the fan there are no more excuses and most people can finally see what some of us have been saying for a while.

I am surprised that investors didnt demand the new strategys track record before they let them blow up more money. They just invested in a system which nobody knew anyting about. Nick said that the testing was extensive so he must have the proof. If he cant produce the proof it means he lied to investors.

Comment

• So now, when everything is falling to pieces, SC was exposed for the incompetent trader that he is, Nick for being incapable of conducting business, investors lack of braincells, this whole site as completely useless, there is only one question that still remains. And it's a big one. What will some of you guys be doing now when things get quiet in here? I'm also interested in your thought processes for sticking around for so long. In an environment where you can't find a single positive thing to say about anything. Where all you can get is a lot of personal pleasure in the failure of the site, the owner, all systems, all investors? What keeps you guys in here? Really? I can understand a healthy dose of criticism but then you move on if you have a braincell in your head. Unless you feel the need to play mother Teresa and help these poor souls of which I'm absolutely positively sure that those are not your intentions nor are you capable of doing such a thing because the way you're doing it is not the way it's done if you want to follow her steps.

I for one am highly inclined to take a couple of subscriptions just to keep you guys in good mental state with the daily fix of other people's failure. Nick, is this thing still or again available as a subscription?

Seriously, your vast knowledge is spent here, there is nothing more to say, nothing more to do, except to move on. Everything you can possibly still say is just a repetition of what you've been saying and it's getting boring. If your intentions are indeed noble then I'd expect at this point (or indeed much earlier) that you'd finally start creating something instead of destroying. You might find it extremely hard to do. Talk is cheap. Theory is known to everybody interested in learning and being an educated investor. In this day and age knowledge and information is really not hard to find. (Forcing feeding it is not the way to go by the way) So use your knowledge, start creating. Or just get the *uck out because you'd have to admit that you can't create anything of value to the community.

Some of us made a lot of money here even though it seems unlikely to you. And we're capable of doing it again. It may not involve set and forget kind of investing. But we've done it even with all those failures. We're using this place for making money. I'm pretty positive that you're not subscribed to anything in here, all you do here is run your mouth. Most likely in the trading room as well but that's not interesting because past discussion gets lost and you need it visible for everybody to keep your thing going.

Create or be gone. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
                        So now, when everything is falling to pieces, SC was exposed for the incompetent trader that he is, Nick for being incapable of conducting business, investors lack of braincells, this whole site as completely useless, there is only one question that still remains. And it's a big one. What will some of you guys be doing now when things get quiet in here? I'm also interested in your thought processes for sticking around for so long. In an environment where you can't find a single positive thing to say about anything. Where all you can get is a lot of personal pleasure in the failure of the site, the owner, all systems, all investors? What keeps you guys in here? Really? I can understand a healthy dose of criticism but then you move on if you have a braincell in your head. Unless you feel the need to play mother Teresa and help these poor souls of which I'm absolutely positively sure that those are not your intentions nor are you capable of doing such a thing because the way you're doing it is not the way it's done if you want to follow her steps.

I for one am highly inclined to take a couple of subscriptions just to keep you guys in good mental state with the daily fix of other people's failure. Nick, is this thing still or again available as a subscription?

Seriously, your vast knowledge is spent here, there is nothing more to say, nothing more to do, except to move on. Everything you can possibly still say is just a repetition of what you've been saying and it's getting boring. If your intentions are indeed noble then I'd expect at this point (or indeed much earlier) that you'd finally start creating something instead of destroying. You might find it extremely hard to do. Talk is cheap. Theory is known to everybody interested in learning and being an educated investor. In this day and age knowledge and information is really not hard to find. (Forcing feeding it is not the way to go by the way) So use your knowledge, start creating. Or just get the *uck out because you'd have to admit that you can't create anything of value to the community.

Some of us made a lot of money here even though it seems unlikely to you. And we're capable of doing it again. It may not involve set and forget kind of investing. But we've done it even with all those failures. We're using this place for making money. I'm pretty positive that you're not subscribed to anything in here, all you do here is run your mouth. Most likely in the trading room as well but that's not interesting because past discussion gets lost and you need it visible for everybody to keep your thing going.

Possibly the most insightful post I have ever read on fs. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waleed121 View Post
                          It's been a very long time since I added any post to any trader thread here since Viper days, but through my own trading I have noticed SL can easily be hit during New's releases, and sometimes AS YOU know, does not honour the SL, you will be filled at the next price, could be another 25-30 pips and we know how far Gold can move on such announcements.

I dont follow SteadyCapture or follow any trader on here, but just wondering how this would honour the SL. He does have a long standing track record which any trader should respect.

Hope it goes well for anyone following/investing.
                          I'm surprised to see the shocking feedback on the gold losses, I did mention after having alot of experience following signals and even within my own trading that Trading NEWS is a failing method. I'm also shocked that you guys even deployed this strategy thinking returns can be achieved.

SteadyCapture may sound like a great trader but in all honesty the gains against the risk is not worth the money. 0.80% returns on average per month? Your better off in property investment, with rental yield, you'd be getting your rent plus property increase over the years.

There is so many good strategy and profitable ones on www.connectforex.com which I've just had a peek look. With low Drawdown too, all worthy of the risk.

Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waleed121 View Post

I'm surprised to see the shocking feedback on the gold losses, I did mention after having alot of experience following signals and even within my own trading that Trading NEWS is a failing method. I'm also shocked that you guys even deployed this strategy thinking returns can be achieved.

SteadyCapture may sound like a great trader but in all honesty the gains against the risk is not worth the money. 0.80% returns on average per month? Your better off in property investment, with rental yield, you'd be getting your rent plus property increase over the years.

There is so many good strategy and profitable ones on www.connectforex.com which I've just had a peek look. With low Drawdown too, all worthy of the risk.

Good luck to all.
                            But if you look closely the top rated strategies are often martingale-style strategies. They look great until they blow up, but at that time there will be a new one with a great looking equity curve. Also I think the intraday drawdown is not calculated correctly or at least not showing correctly in the charts. Overall I think martingale or averaging strategies should get some penalty in the overall rating to emphasis the greater risk. But usually you can already see it from the balance curve. If it is smooth, it is probably one of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by daileycon

I have to agree. The ranking algorithm could really use some updating.
                              and having a cent account on 1st spot = auntie account is a complete joke, all the while clifford being at the bottom, yeah i think it needs some serious work.........................

plus, why in the heck are cent accounts even allowed..............................

Comment

• Originally posted by corni View Post

But if you look closely the top rated strategies are often martingale-style strategies. They look great until they blow up, but at that time there will be a new one with a great looking equity curve. Also I think the intraday drawdown is not calculated correctly or at least not showing correctly in the charts. Overall I think martingale or averaging strategies should get some penalty in the overall rating to emphasis the greater risk. But usually you can already see it from the balance curve. If it is smooth, it is probably one of those.
                                I agree, in essence a trader worth investing in is based on Risk:Reward, returns of 0.80% a month is not worth your money!

If the strategy works all along why change it or add a gold strategy? And if it was profitable you would expect it to already have been incorporated.. Just a bit strange however just due diligence is necessary. He boasts a good track record so who knows what went wrong for Jay.

I did not look into it that much, had a quick scroll to see what others are in the market, I'm surprised SteadyCapture is the only trader to surface commercially on this site. I know many traders out there who trade successfully with better Risk Reward who should be showcased.
                                Last edited by Waleed121; 03-22-2018, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X