• Trading Room
  • Managed Accounts
  • Trusted Brokers
  • Blog
  • Forex Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone actually ever used an automated trading system long term and been profitable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone actually ever used an automated trading system long term and been profitable?

    Anyone here actually ever used an automated trading system long term and been profitable?

  • #2
    When you build an automated system you are identifying a specific trading pattern that happens more than the noise. This pattern actually disappears as time goes on. It may come back in the future, but the time the pattern is not present is normally when systems start losing money and scrapped. So when you say long-term , probably not over the long haul. The best long term strategy is actually several strategies that are turned on/off as you "the observer" knows better.

    MT4 Telegram Trader links your MT4 platform to your mobile phone.
    CryptoCoinCopy links your Telegram app to your Crypto Account

    Comment


    • #3
      I was used a scalper EA shared on a forex forums. They say this EA was profitable. But after i tried in my real account, i was loss.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ForexandCrypto View Post
        Anyone here actually ever used an automated trading system long term and been profitable?
        Yes.

        Originally posted by anna.semera View Post
        I was used a scalper EA shared on a forex forums. They say this EA was profitable. But after i tried in my real account, i was loss.
        You will not find a long term profitable EA for free. Even the EAs you pay for are mostly bad and will not make you money. I think you have to code it yourself or find someone who already has an EA and can trade for you.

        Comment


        • #5
          The best trading systems that works are the simplest one.

          For example here is one of the best strategy that works since 40 years! Only 3 very simple line!
          - wait 3 red daily candle on S&P500
          - Buy at open
          - TP=900 tick SL=700 tick (this may vary as close at the end of day, ecc..)

          S&P500.png

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by finanzaonline View Post
            The best trading systems that works are the simplest one.

            For example here is one of the best strategy that works since 40 years! Only 3 very simple line!
            - wait 3 red daily candle on S&P500
            - Buy at open
            - TP=900 tick SL=700 tick (this may vary as close at the end of day, ecc..)

            S&P500.png
            So you finally gave up on SteadyCapture?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
              When you build an automated system you are identifying a specific trading pattern that happens more than the noise. This pattern actually disappears as time goes on. It may come back in the future, but the time the pattern is not present is normally when systems start losing money and scrapped. So when you say long-term , probably not over the long haul. The best long term strategy is actually several strategies that are turned on/off as you "the observer" knows better.
              Yes, and this is called discretionary trading.
              That is why I believe manual, smart, discerning traders beat automated strategies every time, as long as they keep motivated and refuel when necessary.
              We are the ones that can learn. Once Artificial Intelligence knows how to truly learn... then we better look out. As Elon Musk says, this is something we don't want to mess with.
              And this deals with worldview and ethical issues and morality. we need to guard our life, our world, and our sanity. basically, don't be deceived in your earthly affairs, not even with FX trading.
              it's not a magic ATM machine. You gotta be diligent, measured, and smart.
              “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

              Outside the Box - Myfxbook
              Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying
              Outside the Box - MQL5 Trade Copying

              Comment


              • #8
                OutsideTheBoxHK Correct, AI is the future and still in its early stage. My brother works for an AI startup in Silicon Valley and what I can comprehend is that data is king, however it still comes down to a pattern cognition process of what the developer wants to accomplish. Therefore you must be a good analysis to make AI work with financial markets. BTW, forex is dead, you should trade crypto!

                MT4 Telegram Trader links your MT4 platform to your mobile phone.
                CryptoCoinCopy links your Telegram app to your Crypto Account

                Comment

                Working...
                X