Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://kat88investments.com/2013/11...as-alert-list/'

Comment

The DD of 20% had to be taken from somwhere and to me it looks correctly calculated. I just prooved when trades went into such DD... So the question is why Dilong is hiding this?

And next question is why simpletrader changed DD back to what it was before? The current DD is not correct, so if they calculated 20% there was something backing that calculation. Just using simple math you can see that the trades went in big DD, when he increased lots. In no way DD is 2% or even 5% as Dilong is posting...

Comment

I'm not clever or experienced enough with myfxbook, / signals to analyse whether opportunis is correct - but it lines up with my experience as posted elsewhere.

As an investor, the history is the only thing I have to determine whether a trader is likely to be profitable in the future (and my risk). The historical floating drawdown is the single most important part of that (after profit). This comes from SimpleTrader, and MyFXBook.

Right now, the only way to calculate the floating drawdown of any signal, is to painfully go back through the history with myfxbook - as the calculated drawdown cannot be trusted.

As an investor, the obvious course of action is to pull all my investments immediately. This is not a great situation for investors or signal providers.

Comment

Well as another user just posted in Dilong thread, if you look at myfxbook excel sheet then you can see that those trades that I pointed out were in fact about 26% in DD, so in no way Dilong is posting about real DD and C7 broker also is hiding this truth. I just hope that investors won't lose money as those who invested with 3GT, who was "regulated" by New Zealand. We pointed out several months before that they were a scam broker... If Dilong can run this system anywhere, why doesn't he chose well regulated and respected brokers... This will surely benefit him and give assurance to new investors. Not to point out that C7 broker offers only majors and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
            Well as another user just posted in Dilong thread, if you look at myfxbook excel sheet then you can see that those trades that I pointed out were in fact about 26% in DD, so in no way Dilong is posting about real DD and C7 broker also is hiding this truth. I just hope that investors won't lose money as those who invested with 3GT, who was "regulated" by New Zealand. We pointed out several months before that they were a scam broker... If Dilong can run this system anywhere, why doesn't he chose well regulated and respected brokers... This will surely benefit him and give assurance to new investors. Not to point out that C7 broker offers only majors and nothing else...
            I am travelling which is why I am not on the forum or the live site alot now for some time.
            I would like Nick or Will to address a few things
            1) the complete ignorance of the formula for the competition and how shocking it is
            2) the complete lack of updates for the signals marketplace and the stubborn use of the same formula to rank them
            3) the inability to update the signals marketplace to rank by certain parameters

Don't get me wrong I love this website and I am Australian but **** me dead....Will is a coder or a computer guy right? So for the life of me I can't see why he isn't doing shit about this. I have friends that are pulling their hair out about this.
            The formula must be easy to change I feel it's pure laziness. it's genuinely pissing people off Will/Dom/Nick (whoever is in charge of the formula)

The drawdown thing IS LOSING YOU BUSINESS too guys, if someone follows the #1 singnal that shows 1% drawdown and mixed it with steady capture but gets 50% drawdown from Dilong even though it says 1% drawdwon MAX then you lose business. it's as simple as that.

I am pretty sure Nick isn't the tech guy so whoever is in charge of that PLEASE STOP IGNORING US it is a detriment to your business model.

Like I said do not get me wrong this is the best website for signals and trading out there. BUT the crowd is fickle and quite a few of us have been asking questions for some time so Dom or Will please answer or address this???

Comment

And another system from C7 taking first place. GoldenKiwi showing DD under 1% despite that he opened a 4.5 lot on 10k account... Also the account that blew still shows DD of 10% on simpletrader...

Comment

Few months back, I asked to support about the formula to calculate the ranking:
                Rank in the market place is calculated according to formula: Growth x ( Growth / Max Draw-down ) / ( Max Draw-down x standard deviation x Worst Draw-down Daily Change )

Hope this helps.

D

Comment

As I have said in other posts before, any strategy that shows a nice straight growth line is in itself a serious red flag / warning sign. It means the trader is only closing small winners and holding onto losers. Whether they are hiding the real DD or not, they will eventually hit a very large DD or blow the account one day, and it's just a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post

I am travelling which is why I am not on the forum or the live site alot now for some time.
                    I would like Nick or Will to address a few things
                    1) the complete ignorance of the formula for the competition and how shocking it is
                    2) the complete lack of updates for the signals marketplace and the stubborn use of the same formula to rank them
                    3) the inability to update the signals marketplace to rank by certain parameters

Don't get me wrong I love this website and I am Australian but **** me dead....Will is a coder or a computer guy right? So for the life of me I can't see why he isn't doing shit about this. I have friends that are pulling their hair out about this.
                    The formula must be easy to change I feel it's pure laziness. it's genuinely pissing people off Will/Dom/Nick (whoever is in charge of the formula)

The drawdown thing IS LOSING YOU BUSINESS too guys, if someone follows the #1 singnal that shows 1% drawdown and mixed it with steady capture but gets 50% drawdown from Dilong even though it says 1% drawdwon MAX then you lose business. it's as simple as that.

I am pretty sure Nick isn't the tech guy so whoever is in charge of that PLEASE STOP IGNORING US it is a detriment to your business model.

Like I said do not get me wrong this is the best website for signals and trading out there. BUT the crowd is fickle and quite a few of us have been asking questions for some time so Dom or Will please answer or address this???
                    Hi Big River Man,

Sorry to see that you're getting frustrated.

Answering your questions in order:

1) Our formula is based upon industry practices. It's not perfect but then again, nor is any formula. We've considered your feedback (ulcer index) but that too has it's pros and cons (not just in the formula itself but in some cases, how we're handling the data and what we can do with it). This is why we also conduct due diligence over and beyond a formula.
                    2) Same as above.
                    3) If you have additional ideas that you've yet to mention, please pm me and we can discuss this.

The difficult point to articulate is how data (being trades) is handled and interpreted. When someone uploads their track record, we need to cycle through each trade and reference historical price (on a 1 minute interval) to determine what the draw-down might have looked like in the past. It's accurate to the 1 minute interval. This means we're estimating what could have happened on trades that were open for less than 1 minute. In 99% of the cases, this isn't a big deal. This is one of many micro challenges that can cascade into big issues when dealing with data - all in all though, we're doing a very good job with producing relatively accurate statistics.

We acknowledge though - as do other stat sites - that it's not accurate 100% of the time and sometimes we need to look into some signal providers to identify whats happened. But again, this is on a rare occasion.

We will endeavour to address discrepancies or issues more quickly moving forward.
                    -"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today"-

Follow me on Quora for Q&A on Forex: https://www.quora.com/profile/Dominic-Gilbert-2

Comment

I think there may be something wrong with the code rather than the formula.

The Dilong signal's now showing 20% DD, which is miles away from the 2% or so that was shown last week.

Now might be an ideal time to debug this issue, as the signal at number 1 Position (GoldenKiwi) is using the same EA, from the same person and shows 0.01% DD, yet another user on this forum has calculated the real historical DD at more like 20%.

1# place in Simpletrader market since weeks (months?) and I didn't find any dedicated thread...is someone following it? These are the general information

Comment

Originally posted by gpfwestie View Post
                        I think there may be something wrong with the code rather than the formula.

The Dilong signal's now showing 20% DD, which is miles away from the 2% or so that was shown last week.

Now might be an ideal time to debug this issue, as the signal at number 1 Position (GoldenKiwi) is using the same EA, from the same person and shows 0.01% DD, yet another user on this forum has calculated the real historical DD at more like 20%.

https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...2-dilong/page2
                        I've just checked this track record and stats - this has been resolved and the draw-down has been updated.
                        -"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today"-

Follow me on Quora for Q&A on Forex: https://www.quora.com/profile/Dominic-Gilbert-2

Comment

Thanks for looking into it Dom !

From my untrained eye, the drawdown on the ST website look much more accurate now.

Much more accurate then the myfxbook stat's too - at least in the cases where this broker is involved.

Great Job !

Comment

What's going on here with this signal also using C7 called "Low Risk" showing 2.85% DD" but current draw down is almost 8%... http://icecream.me/uploads/817f0a6c0...8185592398.png

Look at the screen shots, floating DD is almost 8% yet simpletrader.net is not showing their real DD. SimpleTrader.net team needs to keep an eye on these guys from C7 they will make them look bad for hiding their real draw down & it will cost people their accounts.

Comment

The filtration of signals has never been good here.

5 mins of a coders time to make it better. Yet 0 response (likely due to mam only being preferred model for extra $ income received.

a better solution that's proven here is just ignore it an let customers loose money to fake accounts. Over time the moaners go away or at least that's the plan.

Jokes aside the whole ranking system is under developed and poor in current quality an tbh from previous actions from admin at fs.com very unlike to improve any time soon either.

Sorry but it's not the sites focus. Two years of complaining have got us no where at what point you say I give up.

You might ban on signal at what point do you look at your whole sub par ranking and collection of stats.

The c7 traders are a joke and given the platform to abuse they will hurt you.

Wouldn't be the first time nor last

Let's see if anything is actually done

It's their business so upto them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Obviously, Some signals that come to the simple trader as signal providers,may just come to make subscription fees with little to no interest in making sub's money over the long term.

A loop hole that can be taken advantage of due to the websites issues.

It is all apart of the rules,I guess, like the " trading Contest ". Where it is not about doing what is in the spirit of things ,it is more about how you can obtain a benefit "for Yourself " within what the system allows.

Well exploiting things is nothing new, just hate to think it is people in the FS community that are doing the exploiting of others here.

So be aware sub's,the provider may not actually be interested in making money for the Sub's.

Comment

Working...
                                X