Last basket: 9 trades
    Slippage: -13.5 pip
    Ping
    BeeksFx to simpletrader.net: 8ms
    BeeksFX to Armada live Server: 3ms
    Armada Markets execution time
    round about 110ms

But there are always a delay of some seconds:

I think that these delays are the reason and the question is: what is the reason for these delays?
    I made exactely the same evaluation some time ago with my ICM account with similar results as yours.
    We discussed this issue between post #66 and #83. But the situation looks still somehow fuzzy for me.

Leave a comment:

• FxPhil
    replied
    Bummer. I notice Tomas doesn't always set SLs. Don't think that is a good idea.

What happens if a trade is manually closed on a slave account? Will the EA reopen it?

It is possible to programmatically use another EA to disable the ST EA from altering trades by turning off it's allow Live Trades which would stop the ST EA from reopening locally closed trades.

Of course much better if ST EA did this block close which should also reduce ST server load during a close of a large basket.
    Last edited by FxPhil; 09-13-2014, 06:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FxPhil
    replied
    Suggest ST EA gets 1st trade close instruction, does 1st close, waits for MT4 to report closed, tells ST server trade closed, gets next trade close instruction, repeats above.

If ST server has many clients and trades to close, overall ST server load may slow down process of closing all trades.

Much better way is for slave EA to see 1st trade is requested to be closed and then tells MT4 to close ALL open trades, delays a second, checks open trade log and sends another round of closes to close any stragglers. Then tells ST server all open trades closed. Handshaking with ST server for each close on each account is slow way to do this.

Sending trade close msg, for and between each trade close is not how to get a rapid close of multiple trades, especially when the trade close list is long and there are many clients/accounts to action the closes on.

I'll share my EA that will action a slave close of all open trades as the 1st trade is closed. No need for ST server or EA to then get involved and slow down the process.

This could be added to the ST slave EA and remove a LOT of ST server overhead and lost pips.
    Last edited by FxPhil; 09-13-2014, 06:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• signalfollower
    replied
    The Problem is not that Tomas is not closing all trades at the same time. The problem are the large delays (2-6 seconds) between the master accounts close time and the close time on the followers accounts.

Originally posted by FxPhil View Post
    ... then do Order Mod to add SL/TP and wait for broker to say mod completed. ...
    I have never seen stop loss or take Profit after a trade has opened. Sometimes it comes shortly before trades are closed.

Originally posted by FxPhil View Post
    I'm writing an EA which will monitor the number of open Caesar2 trades and when the 1st trade is closed by Tomas, will auto close all the rest.
    I think this will not be possible. The copier does not allow to manipulate a trade. You can test it: try to set a stop or trayling stop on an open trade. you will see that the line will be erased immediately.
    Last edited by signalfollower; 09-13-2014, 05:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FxPhil
    replied
    Open should be longest time to action as EA needs to Open trade, wait for broker to Open it, then do Order Mod to add SL/TP and wait for broker to say mod completed.

Close should be very fast as no need to wait for server reply.

Don't understand why Tomas doesn't close all trades at once? Simple for EA to close all open trades as MT4 allows 8 parallel trades to be actioned via process queue.
    Last edited by FxPhil; 09-13-2014, 05:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• signalfollower
    replied
    Armada Markets Live (ECN) + BeeksFx London
    Last basket: 9 trades
    Slippage: -13.5 pip
    Ping
    BeeksFx to simpletrader.net: 8ms
    BeeksFX to Armada live Server: 3ms
    Armada Markets execution time
    round about 110ms

But there are always a delay of some seconds:

open master | open mine | close master | close mine
    09:20:04 | 09:20:05 | 09:45:11 | 09:45:14
    09:06:08 | 09:06:09 | 09:45:10 | 09:45:13
    08:23:07 | 08:23:09 | 09:45:10 | 09:45:12
    08:01:01 | 08:01:03 | 09:45:10 | 09:45:12
    06:52:11 | 06:52:12 | 09:45:11 | 09:45:17
    06:33:05 | 06:33:05 | 09:45:11 | 09:45:16
    06:20:04 | 06:20:05 | 09:45:12 | 09:45:16
    00:37:04 | 00:37:05 | 09:45:13 | 09:45:15
    21:04:02 | 21:04:04 | 09:45:12 | 09:45:15

I think that these delays are the reason and the question is: what is the reason for these delays?
    Last edited by signalfollower; 09-13-2014, 04:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FxPhil
    replied
    Hi Guys,

I'm writing an EA which will monitor the number of open Caesar2 trades and when the 1st trade is closed by Tomas, will auto close all the rest. This should eliminate the slow closing of the other trades. The EA will also monitor for Ceasar2 trades that do not have a SL set (seems to happen from time to time) and optionally set the SL to an user adjustable number of pips from the price of the 1st trade.

Any comments?

Leave a comment:

• timo
    replied
    Originally posted by WhiteApe View Post
    Concern is that if/when it hits SL, there will be up to 50 trades in the basket, so the slippage could turn a 33% loss into a much larger loss, turning a dream signal into a nightmare. Thanks to Will though for testing the CTrader option.
    That has always been my concern also.

It seems such a waste to only capture 75% of the profits the master makes, and then potentially be exposed to 125% of the losses.

Kind of messes up the R/R

Leave a comment:

• cyberryder
    replied
    FxPIG ECN + BeeksFx NY4:
    9 trades
    +51.5pip profit
    -13.3pip slippage

according to the analytics package for C2 there is not one broker except RVD (but might be demo) that doesn't produce huge slippage. This is very unusual and only special for this one signal.

Leave a comment:

• cyberryder
    replied
    instead of experimenting with other trading platforms, it would be sufficient, if the trader doesn't close trades, but instead move the server-side SL very close. This way all trades would be closed at the same time. However the effect of being a bit faster by closing all at once might be neutralized by slippage produced due to all followers closing at the same price nearly at the same time

So my favorite solution for exiting every trade is a server-side TP = no slippage. In addition we need a close server-side SL, if TP is not executed for any reason.
    Last edited by cyberryder; 09-12-2014, 07:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteApe
    replied
    Concern is that if/when it hits SL, there will be up to 50 trades in the basket, so the slippage could turn a 33% loss into a much larger loss, turning a dream signal into a nightmare. Thanks to Will though for testing the CTrader option.

Leave a comment:

• fabx
    replied
    -14 on Axi on last basket

Leave a comment:

• Prasadast71
    replied
    Originally posted by WillT View Post
    Just ot update on yesterdays problem - We have a new EA which we can't roll out until after the weekend due to changes to EA servers.

We have also put in place a new check on the load balancers which checks if the DB servers are sync'd correctly - if they fall out of sync, they will get kicked out the load balancer. Which will stop you guys using them to get data, which would mean that this sort of problem could not happen.

Just a quick update, but we are working hard to improve things.
    Thank you Will for the update.

Do you confirm that a new version of simpletrader copier EA will be out in the next 48 hours?

Many Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• WillT
    replied
    cTrader in this instance smashed MT4

ICM + MT4 = -16.5 pips
    ICM + CTRADER = -11.6 pips

cTrader is running the version which will close all the trades in parallel - this seems to be working on baskets that have general delay.

I'll keep you posted on thsi chaps.

Leave a comment:

• timo
    replied
    Last basket on ICM + STVPS:

- 9 trades
    - Total Pip Slippage: -15.8
    - Total pips: 49

Around -25% slippage

Leave a comment:

Working...
X