No announcement yet.

RedRhinoFX Signal Portfolio - Frank's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current drawdown on ATS10 is equal to the Performance Gained already from March. We have another 2 weeks to end this month at a nice gain. EURUSD flipped into Bull Rally Mode despite the FED Rate hike. I don't expect a full on rally but more consolidation and plenty of uncertainty to move the market both ways.
    http://www.myfxbook.com/members/RedR...-forex/1935115

AUD strength is deminishing, AUDJPY long has been put on hold until AUDUSD baskets are closed out ( then removed from Trio - replacement coming soon).
    http://www.myfxbook.com/members/RedR...x-trio/1382284

Thank you for those who already signed up for Quattro.

Cheers,

Frank
    support@redrhinofx.com
    Last edited by RedRhino; 03-16-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

EURUSD Basket is Closed at Profit . We are starting April 2017 at a New High Water Mark. If you are looking for a consistent trading system with Equity Protection, click the link in the signature!

Comment

Everything going well here. Currently Long on EURUSD

Comment

ATS10 robot keeps pushing out pips. http://redrhinofx.com/ea-ats10-review/
          0.56% Gain closed out today and that puts us at 2.46% monthly gain for April 2017.
          23.89% YTD
          Click the signature "RedRhinoFX" to join our investments.

Comment

ATS10 - http://redrhinofx.com/product/ats10-...xpert-advisor/
            3.36% for this month with minimal drawdown of less than 1.0% Floating drawdown. 2090d02715622eb5182a101bfcac453e.png
            Last edited by RedRhino; 04-28-2017, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Very disappointing Frank, you broke your own rules and no comment made. Such a shame considering how you have ran ATS10,

"32% Equity Protection and Stoploss: Always"

defo not in this case reached 40%, and could get even higher.

care to comment?

Comment

Automated Rules don't break.
                TRIO 32% has not been reached = http://www.myfxbook.com/members/RedR...x-trio/1382284

Please keep in mind that Quattro follows TRIO and ATS10. The master accounts control the actual trades and the Quattro mirrors these decisions. I did my best to adjust the lotsizes accordingly for the larger balance on Quattro versus the TRIO and ATS10 master accounts. The drawdown percentage is larger on the Quattro even though the lotsizes are similar in regards to account balance size ( the main difference is from the Account Currency Denomination difference; USD vs AUD).

Thanks for the comments Gunther I understand the concern and everything is working as normal. The systems are being supervised during this drawdown cycle.

Link to Quattro - http://www.myfxbook.com/members/RedR...uattro/2008574
                Last edited by RedRhino; 05-05-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRhino View Post
                  Automated Rules don't break.
                  TRIO 32% has not been reached = http://www.myfxbook.com/members/RedR...x-trio/1382284

Please keep in mind that Quattro follows TRIO and ATS10. The master accounts control the actual trades and the Quattro mirrors these decisions. I did my best to adjust the lotsizes accordingly for the larger balance on Quattro versus the TRIO and ATS10 master accounts. The drawdown percentage is larger on the Quattro even though the lotsizes are similar in regards to account balance size ( the main difference is from the Account Currency Denomination difference; USD vs AUD).

Thanks for the comments Gunther I understand the concern and everything is working as normal. The systems are being supervised during this drawdown cycle.

Link to Quattro - http://www.myfxbook.com/members/RedR...uattro/2008574
                  So if Quattro mirrors the trades from the other two master accounts, then for the 3 pairs following the trio account a DD of 32 % would need to be reached on the Trio master account to close all trades. The same applies to the EURUSD trades which are following ATS10 at 2x risk therefore if the DD protection limit of 32% (16% x 2) is reached then the trades on the Quattro signal would close, as its mirror the Master ATS10 account

Therefore the effective DD protection is not 32% for the Quattro signal but 64% (32% for Trio trades & 32% for ATS10 trades), if this is the case then why have you stated the limit is 32%. Please correct me if Im wrong but with the understanding that both master accounts need to hit there DD protection to close trades in the Qauttro account, the outcome would be a 64% DD limit not 32%.

If Quattro is also mirroring the trades from the Trio & ATS10 masters then why at present are their 5 EURUSD sell trades open on the ATS10 signal and only 2 EURUSD sell trades open on the Quattro account. I their an error with the copy ing software.

Am I missing something?
                  Last edited by Gunther; 05-08-2017, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunther View Post

Therefore the effective DD protection is not 32% for the Quattro signal but 64% (32% for Trio trades & 32% for ATS10 trades), if this is the case then why have you stated the limit is 32%. Please correct me if Im wrong but with the understanding that both master accounts need to hit there DD protection to close trades in the Qauttro account, the outcome would be a 64% DD limit not 32%.
                    Correct, if both systems were to reach the 32% equity simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunther View Post

If Quattro is also mirroring the trades from the Trio & ATS10 masters then why at present are their 5 EURUSD sell trades open on the ATS10 signal and only 2 EURUSD sell trades open on the Quattro account. I their an error with the copy ing software.

Am I missing something?

The Quattro account missed a few trades and I added them manually once I noticed. While doing so, it changed the basket take profit levels from the master account and the Quattro reached the target first.

Comment

Status update for all systems available on simpletrader

ATS10 (version 1.05 released on Monday)
                        EURUSD two positions open

TRIO
                        AUDCCHF 25 positions open
                        EURAUD 13 positions open

Quattro
                        includes all trades above totaling 40 open positions.

Comment

ACCOUNT CURRENCY DENOMINATION - Making adjustments below

The Quattro account is denominated in AUD while the master accounts are denominated in USD. To decrease the overall drawdown percentage on the AUD account the lotsizing must be reduced by the aud/usd exchange rate. I've lowered the lotsize from the ATS10 signal from 0.06 lots to 0.04 lots ( about a 30% reduction). The TRIO signal currently trades a 0.02 lot and reducing to 0.01 would be a 50% reduction from our current risk level. For the time being, the TRIO signal will continue to trade at the current lotsize of 0.02. As a result, the Quattro account would experience a larger percentage drawdown than the TRIO master account ( we experienced this recently, TRIO 28%DD Quattro 39& DD). Also, you would notice a monthly gain on the Quattro account that are much larger than the Master accounts

2018- QUATTRO
                          Jan + 39.5%
                          Feb -+17.8%
                          March + 19.8%
                          April + 11.9%
                          May + 8.68%

Comment

Frank thanks for the update.

I was a little concerned with the possible 64% DD. So what will be the max DD on the new settings moving forward after the current basket is closed. Also if the DD is going to be reduced so will the returns I'm assuming the returns will reduce by 30 to 40% if I'm correct given the reduction of 30% exposure on the ATS10 trades and the 50% reduction on the Trio trades.

I admire that the fact that you constantly adjust the signal to make it better, hence why I've been following you for some time.

Thanks a gain Frank

Comment

QUATTRO Summary
                              1. The ATS10 EURUSD lotsize was already reduced. Using 0.04 as of Now
                              2. TRIO will not be adjusted. A 50% reduction is too much. I will have to wait for a larger account balance before an adjustment will be made.
                              3. Since TRIO isn't being reduced the maximum exposure can be over 64% ( ATS10 is now adjusted properly for a 32% Max Drawdown).
                              4. HIGH RISK SIGNAL with Equity Protection. Monthly returns will reduce about 15% from the ATS10 lotsize reduction.
                              We currently saw a 39% drawdown while the master account was at 28%, so the TRIO can push the Quattro into 40% DD without the ATS10 signal. That is looking extremely HIGH RISK at 72% Drawdown Worse case scenario if both systems simultaneously reached peak drawdown. However please keep in mind that this is only true if your account is denominated in AUD or CAD or NZD.

If you follow with USD , EUR, GBP, your peak drawdown would be under 54%. As you can see, these adjustments were to stabilize the Quattro portfolio becausse we are using a AUD denominated account balance.

Thank you again for following!
                              Last edited by RedRhino; 05-11-2017, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Hi, I signed up to ATS10 yesterday thinking it looked pretty low risk, its currently -140 pips on 2 EURUSD sell trades. It's making me pretty uncomfortable with the weekend coming up.

Is this normally how it goes with ATS10 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X