No announcement yet.

JoePro Hedge Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joe I understand now your trades after I saw them at myfxbook browser tab. Basket of orders in worst case scenario hedged with P/L net in profit when standard trades do not work out due to market having a different statistical idea. Leverage of the master account is 1:200 this is the recommended? What is the minimum leverage?

Thanks nc!

Comment

Originally posted by nc! View Post
      Hi Joe I understand now your trades after I saw them at myfxbook browser tab. Basket of orders in worst case scenario hedged with P/L net in profit when standard trades do not work out due to market having a different statistical idea. Leverage of the master account is 1:200 this is the recommended? What is the minimum leverage?

Thanks nc!
      The max Leverage we use is 10:1 but I would recommend having an account with a minimum of 100:1 especially when our statistical trend analyzing algorithm in the EA sees a pair has a success rate of 75% following the trend or higher and trades multiple pairs at once, it's nice to have the extra margin.

Comment

Hi JoePro,

Do you have any MAM / PAMM?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by z4ns View Post
          Hi JoePro,

Do you have any MAM / PAMM?

Thanks.
          We expect to offer the MAM/PAMM option starting next month. At first we will have only a EUR option by next year we hope to add multiple currencies for MAM options.

I will update the post here when the MAM is ready & I am also preparing a few videos for much deeper explanation of how our strategy is traded.

-JoePro

Comment

Hi Joe,

Subscribed to your signal and giving it a try. Could you explain what the process is in trading out of the current basket? Do you start closing one side or the other as it rises or falls.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by interceptor View Post
              Hi Joe,

Subscribed to your signal and giving it a try. Could you explain what the process is in trading out of the current basket? Do you start closing one side or the other as it rises or falls.

Thanks!
              Thanks for asking
              So the two top trades have now officially been hedged. This means now, that 3 buy trades for 0.03 are still free to take profit if price goes up, however if price continues down, there will be more hedge trades open to cover each buy trade and at 143.000 we should close all trades at breakeven + some profit if momentum is good enough. If price goes over 147.800 the EA will close the 3 still free trades in profit and hedge the hedges with a new profit target at 149.400 to close all losing trades at breakeven + profit. So at this point for us it doesn't matter which direction price goes, we have two profit targets that close all trades in profit.

To make it more clear, I should make a video explaining this basket in particular and what we can expect to see.

Also, it might appear as if the EA doubled the position by opening 0.06 lots sell as hedge but keep in mind that the buy 0.03 for each level is still open so when you combine 0.03 buy and 0.06 sell = actually exposure 0.03 lots so the exposure stayed the same.

I am glad we are in a partial hedge sequence so all new subscribers can experience what a great strategy this is when you have 2 profit targets regardless where price goes we make profit.

I wish you and everyone a great weekend and looking forward to next trading week
              Last edited by JoePro; 05-12-2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Hi Joe,

Thanks!
                I made a quick little video to explain what I wrote in the comment before. https://youtu.be/bjeb4_NaIFg is the link where you can find this video.

Have a great weekend.
                -JoePro

Comment

Here is a update vid to the current open sequence of trades and what I explained in the previous vid. how it played out now after market opened again.

Enjoy.

Comment

Thanks for the videos. Great to see we are flat with a small profit

Comment

Nice money management when market has different opinion from original trades. Your hedged ranging period historical is not long so you can start again, nice. Will join soon....nc!

Comment

Thanks for the videos. Great to see we are flat with a small profit
                        Yeah we closed out the losing sequence. I made a last update for this last sequence of trades showing and explaining a little bit about what we did here.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Hope you new subscribers understand a bit more about how this management of losing trades works and why having two targets is much better than one

-JoePro

Comment

Originally posted by nc! View Post
                          Nice money management when market has different opinion from original trades. Your hedged ranging period historical is not long so you can start again, nice. Will join soon....nc!
                          Excellent! Good to hear and you're right historically it's not long. The longest hedge sequence we had open was 3 weeks in the past 2 1/2 yrs since we started this strategy on the real market.

Look forward for you to join.

-JoePro

Comment

Hi Joe,

Keep it up! this signal is starting to peak my interest. I'm still giving this a trial run on a small account and before deciding on adding more funds I'd like to know a few more things.

1. What is the downside to your strategy? There has to be a weakness.

2. Signal is a bit on the pricey side. What account size do you recommend and what kind of risk setting (ex 1x)?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Joe,

Keep it up! this signal is starting to peak my interest. I'm still giving this a trial run on a small account and before deciding on adding more funds I'd like to know a few more things.

1. What is the downside to your strategy? There has to be a weakness.

2. Signal is a bit on the pricey side. What account size do you recommend and what kind of risk setting (ex 1x)?

Thanks
                              Great! Yes always use only 1x. The money management is done perfect for this strategy if you increase the risk you might not be covered for the weakness of the strategy which is a ranging market.

Like I said above, the money management is done so that we can handle long ranging markets without risking big draw down. Sometimes what happens for a few weeks is price ranges and this means we switch sides multiple times and increase draw down, of course nothing major and as shown in the videos, 1 of the targets will get hit to 100%. The down side is really sitting and waiting for a break out. After two weeks of waiting it can get a bit annoying but that's just like any business in the world, the sun doesn't shine every day.

This is why this strategy is also for the long term investor. We make money when price is moving and we will catch every single price move with trend direction but when price is ranging for 1 or 2 weeks we just have to wait

I recommend a minimum of 10k for this signal. Of course the more the better.

Also, the MAM will be great for business owners who want to take some of their profits and put it into a MAM and generate compounding profits so when their business is not doing so well they are still making profits from the market, basically diversifying their investing.

Anyways, I ll keep you guys updated of everything we have setting up.

-JoePro

Comment

Originally posted by JoePro View Post

Great! Yes always use only 1x. The money management is done perfect for this strategy if you increase the risk you might not be covered for the weakness of the strategy which is a ranging market.

Like I said above, the money management is done so that we can handle long ranging markets without risking big draw down. Sometimes what happens for a few weeks is price ranges and this means we switch sides multiple times and increase draw down, of course nothing major and as shown in the videos, 1 of the targets will get hit to 100%. The down side is really sitting and waiting for a break out. After two weeks of waiting it can get a bit annoying but that's just like any business in the world, the sun doesn't shine every day.

This is why this strategy is also for the long term investor. We make money when price is moving and we will catch every single price move with trend direction but when price is ranging for 1 or 2 weeks we just have to wait

I recommend a minimum of 10k for this signal. Of course the more the better.

Also, the MAM will be great for business owners who want to take some of their profits and put it into a MAM and generate compounding profits so when their business is not doing so well they are still making profits from the market, basically diversifying their investing.

Anyways, I ll keep you guys updated of everything we have setting up.

-JoePro
                                Awesome explanation! Yes I figure if the GBP/JPY pair or any other pairs you play was just ranging and not breaking out for a long period of time (say half a year) the swaps would hurt you.

I'm just glad I sleep at night and not have to worry about big spikes like the brexit crash or anything. Big spikes can kill a lot of strategies if you are on the wrong side.

Exactly what I'm looking for. Something not too crazy that will generate something better than bonds for the long term.

Comment

Working...
                                X